You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_chikor

fix this turd of a ship ( Des moins )

116 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,274 battles

Hi WG , this thread is for you .

today i want to complain about this piece of junk ship called the Des moins .normaly i wouldn't rant about it since i don't play it . but when you  made  the silly conditions in Halsey  compaign  for  some important tasks to be only doable in tier9/10 US cruisers ie Des moins ( and Bufalao ) , then i WILL complain .

and before anyone start commenting and telling me how great this ship is , please  hold your horses ; i know the ship can be good i had great games in it , but it has so many weakness taht made it unplayble for me .

1- the bad guns , yes the bad guns ; very bad shell speed and arcs with average DPM ; since you use only your 2 front turrets , you shoot 12 shots in 11 s . zao can do better  hindenburg can do better , henri can do better an all with better shells peed and fire chance . 

2-  witch is my main problem , the armor , i am SICK  of eating citadel from the front in this stupid ship , its so bad and frustratong and un-fun and its the main reason why i write this topic , i am so sick and done with this ship's armor . its just an HP  food for all BBs they instantly turn thier guns when you are spotted and take 50% of your hp with their first hits .

the only time when this ship worked for me is when i get smoked or when i am behind an island and enemy BBs push my flank , and guess how often BBs push anything these days . 

• Funny 24
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

[SHEN]
Players
1,331 posts
11,209 battles
Just now, wot_chikor said:

average DPM

Really ? :cap_wander:

• Des Moines HE dpm (3 turrets with range upgrade) = 274.932
  • Des Moines HE dpm (2 turrets with range upgrade) = 183.288
  • Zao HE dpm (4 turrets with range upgrade) = 178.704
  • Hindenburg HE dpm (4 turrets, range upgrade and 11s base reload) = 163.636

Bad dpm indeed ...

• Cool 10

[DIKI]
Players
987 posts
295 battles
18 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

Hi WG , this thread is for you .

today i want to complain about this piece of junk ship called the Des moins .normaly i wouldn't rant about it since i don't play it . but when you  made  the silly conditions in Halsey  compaign  for  some important tasks to be only doable in tier9/10 US cruisers ie Des moins ( and Bufalao ) , then i WILL complain .

and before anyone start commenting and telling me how great this ship is , please  hold your horses ; i know the ship can be good i had great games in it , but it has so many weakness taht made it unplayble for me .

1- the bad guns , yes the bad guns ; very bad shell speed and arcs with average DPM ; since you use only your 2 front turrets , you shoot 12 shots in 11 s . zao can do better  hindenburg can do better , henri can do better an all with better shells peed and fire chance . 

2-  witch is my main problem , the armor , i am SICK  of eating citadel from the front in this stupid ship , its so bad and frustratong and un-fun and its the main reason why i write this topic , i am so sick and done with this ship's armor . its just an HP  food for all BBs they instantly turn thier guns when you are spotted and take 50% of your hp with their first hits .

the only time when this ship worked for me is when i get smoked or when i am behind an island and enemy BBs push my flank , and guess how often BBs push anything these days . 

DM is strongest ship in game....pls pls pls go away, through topics we are telling you that you are just bad player, but you dont give up...damn stubborn fool.....pls try some other game

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,274 battles
11 minutes ago, Podalire said:

Really ? :cap_wander:

•  

as i said if you don't want to die in 1 min with this ship you shoot with 2 turrets  meaning 6 shots every 5.5 s meaning 12 shots every 11 s

with hindenburg for example you  shoot with 4 turrets ie 12 shots every 9s 

zao with her hardest hitting HE among cruisers  same thing shoots with 4 turrets ie 12 shots every 11 s 

they are BOTH better than Des moins with better shell speed and fire chance . 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[DIKI]
Players
987 posts
295 battles
1 minute ago, wot_chikor said:

as i said if you don't want to die in 1 min with this ship you shoot with 2 turrets  meaning 6 shots every 5.5 s meaning 12 shots every 11 s

zao with her hardest hitting HE among cruisers  same thing shoots with 4 turrets ie 12 shots every 11 s 

LTP maybe?

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,195 battles

Well now...this is some next level LTP issue

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
736 posts
6,311 battles
26 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

today i want to complain about this piece of junk ship called the Des moins

tenor.gif?itemid=4486363

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Players
3,581 posts
7,346 battles

Except DM has 2nd best firing angles among all T10 cruisers, so in theory you can still shrug off shells while making use of 3rd turret. Zao and Hinden are considerably worse in that regard, so if you die fast in DM, you will die ecen faster in Zao. Hinden to an extent can withstand BB shells due to turtleback.

So I call user error than ship issue

[POI--]
Players
3,907 posts
5,023 battles
6 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

So, we are comparing the dpm of a Des Moines that uses only two turrets, because it might eat citadels if it uses all three and shows broadside to its same tier competition, but on the assumption they use all their turrets, because surely broadside Zao and broadside Hindenburg won't get deleted for not angling. Sound logic...

Players
3,581 posts
7,346 battles
3 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

So, we are comparing the dpm of a Des Moines that uses only two turrets, because it might eat citadels if it uses all three and shows broadside to its same tier competition, but on the assumption they use all their turrets, because surely broadside Zao and broadside Hindenburg won't get deleted for not angling. Sound logic...

Shh, logic might neuter his rage moments and this is internet, calm and sound won't get you anywhere

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,274 battles
Just now, Riselotte said:

how often you shoot with 2 turrets in Des moins un a battle , i'd  SAY 80% of the battle .

how often you shoot with 4 turrets in zao or hindenburg , i'd say 80%  of the battle , so my argument holds ... 

and remember , with mush better HE , shell speed , and fire chance . 

[DIKI]
Players
987 posts
295 battles

how often you shoot with 2 turrets in Des moins un a battle , i'd  SAY 80% of the battle .

how often you shoot with 4 turrets in zao or hindenburg , i'd say 80%  of the battle , so my argument holds ... 

and remember , with mush better HE , shell speed , and fire chance . 

ahahahah argument...dear god....i smell FARMWILLE player

and btw , for the trolls , i will ignore you , i won't bother myself

you will preform auto censure :)

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
2 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

and btw , for the trolls , i will ignore you , i won't bother myself

putin1.jpg

• Funny 1

Weekend Tester
784 posts
5,249 battles

I just hate to see Des Moines in the battles when you in team lines: ... Des moines, Des moines, Des moines ... Hopefully they get nerfed cuz they are annoying radar ships.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,782 posts
10,685 battles
7 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

and btw , for the trolls , i will ignore you

It's not possible to ignore yourself.

• Funny 4

Beta Tester
1,850 posts
6,160 battles

Yes DM is verry weak indeed, needs a buff to it's reload, 1 km extra radar range and 4x4 torpedo launchers of fletcher torps for self defence :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles

Maybe the ship just doesn't suit you. Bring back stats to support your claim that it under performs, please.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,251 posts
6,795 battles
46 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

Can you at least learn to read? :fish_palm: It's clearly said:

1 hour ago, Podalire said:
  • Des Moines HE dpm (2 turrets with range upgrade) = 183.288
  • Zao HE dpm (4 turrets with range upgrade) = 178.704
  • Hindenburg HE dpm (4 turrets, range upgrade and 11s base reload) = 163.636

• Cool 1

[DIKI]
Players
987 posts
295 battles
12 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Maybe the ship just doesn't suit you. Bring back stats to support your claim that it under performs, please.

why do you think potatoes care about stats?....they KNOW it is bad....oh wait..first in WR...

Screenshot_12.jpg

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles

Desmo is basically the Yamato of heavy cruisers, except she doesn't resemble a bloated elephant :cap_yes:

1 hour ago, wot_chikor said:

1- very bad shell speed and arcs

And you notice that at tier 10? :cap_book: Sorry, cannot make that statement any funnier.

average DPM

:cap_book: it's over 9000, what more do you want?

2-  witch is my main problem

i am so sick and done with this ship's armor

Use islands as armor, hug 'em like your weeb wife pillow (this is a thing, google it)!