Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
superbibor

What is my Tirpitz doing in a Tier 10 match?

12 comments in this topic

Question

[_AVS_]
Players
6 posts
4,130 battles

How can I ever play a game in my Tirpitz in a tier ten match with all these new special modules for the tier ten ships?

EDIT

THX wargaming for making a great game at launch totally crap. 

Edited by Kampa1987
Promotion of toxic behavior
  • Funny 1

11 answers to this question

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,727 posts
6,861 battles

-Focus weaker enemies.

-Focus cruisers.

-Take pot shots at whatever broadside you get.

-Use HE on angled targets.

-Use your speed and lol turtleback to reposition without getting mega punished.

Tier 8 MM is pretty suck at the moment, but there is always something you can do atleast, even if that something is taking damage so your team can advance or switch position. 

• Cool 1

[PAPAT]
Players
338 posts
12,059 battles

That really is not just a Tirpitz's problem, every T8 will be matched the same way.

Now, there is a tons of things to do in a T10 match with a T8.

28 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

-Focus weaker enemies.

-Focus cruisers.

-Take pot shots at whatever broadside you get.

-Use HE on angled targets.

-Use your speed and lol turtleback to reposition without getting mega punished.

Tier 8 MM is pretty suck at the moment, but there is always something you can do atleast, even if that something is taking damage so your team can advance or switch position. 

This is it pretty much, when talking about BBs. And turtleback requires you to be in closer ranges, in order it to work out. Same thing applies to T8 -> KM cruisers.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,440 posts
11 minutes ago, superbibor said:

I'm going to leave every tier ten match at start from now on!

Then orange will be your new color and Co-Op your game mode of choice (because you wont have any).

I advice you to not break the game rules and play the battles presented to you. Just like everybody else. If you can't do that, your only alternative is to stop playing completly.

[_AVS_]
Players
6 posts
4,130 battles

But seriously...... what can I do in a tirpitz when I'm up against 2 Yamato's at 20 km with killer dispersion?   close range???   loooooool

Sniping from the back?  I get citadelled left right 'n center.   kiting away??  you get citadelled at every angle coz of that OP yamato dispersion.

There is absolutely nothing I can do with my 60 euro ship in a tier ten match except for sailing with the other BB's in the back waiting for them to focus me, and then I get blapped.

Thx for making this not enjoyable AT ALL.

[_AVS_]
Players
6 posts
4,130 battles

Now with all these new tier ten upgrade's it feels like WG took a huge crap on the Tirpitz's aft deck.  It's basically impossible to use this ship as a captain trainer.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,872 posts
10,132 battles
11 minutes ago, superbibor said:

Now with all these new tier ten upgrade's it feels like WG took a huge crap on the Tirpitz's aft deck.  It's basically impossible to use this ship as a captain trainer.

Yes poor you, you only have 380mm guns with 800mm of penetration, 20km of range, epic secondaries, 350mm of armor with autobounce turtleback behind it, and a massive amount of HP with a repair party that can propel itself over 30 knots.

What ever will you do?

Woe is you.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
7,655 posts
9,378 battles
13 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Yes poor you, you only have 380mm guns with 800mm of penetration, 20km of range, epic secondaries, 350mm of armor with autobounce turtleback behind it, and a massive amount of HP with a repair party that can propel itself over 30 knots.

What ever will you do?

Woe is you.

God forbid should op play ever stock tier 8 cruiser:Smile_ohmy:

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
906 posts
10,201 battles
23 hours ago, superbibor said:

You realise the tier X unique upgrades haven't been added to the game yet, right?

And Tirpitz is perfectly capable of playing a decent game at tier X, obviously if you try to fight a Yamato you're going to struggle but that's the exact same as when you're in many other ships fighting something +2.

Infact, Yamato has a unique Citadel shape that can make it quite easy to penetrate if they are not extremely careful with their angles and they probably wont prioritise angling it against a Bismarck if there are Montanas/Republiques around, etc.

[BBMM]
Players
4,145 posts
4,660 battles

I suppose you bought a Derpitz (notice why I call it that) without ANY experience in other ships?

Maybe you should start training... and learn how it works. You cannot just buy a T8 and go against players that have played the game  a zillion times. 

I do quite well in a T6 against Derpitz. And I mean any T6 cruiser, or any BB. 

You get +2, or -2.... means you in Tirpitz get T6 or T8, and anything in between. 

Sometimes you are top, and sometimes not. Learn t hide behind islands, and choose your moments. 

If you, in Derpitz, have T10 mathc, you are doing quite well if you manage to sink 1 ship plus deal damage on others. 

Do not expect it to be the magic sword. 

[TAITO]
Players
226 posts
6,315 battles

t8 get more often t10 matches only cause WG wants to make so bad matchmaking -+2 is way too mutch -+1 it should be... other under tiers dont get that often +2 matches than t8 dont know why but its what it is when i playing saipan i dont see that often t9 matches but when take t8 it's like 4/10 matches where you're against t10 why? because Wargaming dev's are drunk..

Sign in to follow this