Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
dagas

Russian destroyer line ships.

10 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
1,363 battles

russian tech tree , destroyer line is totally broken. need to fix them or delete at all these ships!!!  ship tier 5 podvoisky is totall pile of junk not a DD , enemy ships spot this dd in 7.5km  and  podvoisky torp range is 4km ,  so like you know always all en ships go in groups so 0 chance go and let torps at en ship with this dd  , because while you reach 4km zone to let torps,  dd long time ago be dead...  from 4km no imposible to escape from en cannon fire.  this ship is totally not dd and what he is doing in line ( destroyer line ) ???  i know there will be ppl who say it is not dd it is gunboat , so again question then , in rus tech tree i see in big writen  destroyer line !!!! so if you say it is gunboat so say me what this gunboat doing in destroyer line ???  i wanna spam torps not a gun....  if i wanna gunboat i take cruiser!!!  so basicly all nations have oportunity to spam torps at en from big range , but russian ships does not have this oportunity.  start form tier 5 podvoisku, same tier 6 and tier 7 rusian destroyer line ships.. they are useles totall junks... !!!!! 1 reall destroyer ship in russian tech tree start from tier 8 !!.. till tier 8  all these dd are pain in the [edited]... totally broken, outmatched  from any other ship!!!!  with podvoisky in battle you cant do nothing inly swim swim swim swim, let smoke stand , swim swim stand and swim , and when let torps ????  answer never...  a lot time this podvoisky ter 5 put in tier 6 and 7 ship games,,, and then you see en bb is coming and u spamm at him gun shots, and ques what , nothing because guns to small to make dmg to bb,, and swim closer let torps you cant because with 2 salvo bb will killl that junk DD podvoisky...  and wg as usuall every update usa ships germany ships,, japan ships buff and buff , buff and buf... but they do not see russian tech tree, russian tech tree looks  poor, with shitest ships in all game,  all russian ships permormance are worst.... but again every update buff usa usa britian ... again it will be person who say moscva is op cruiser,,, mby but it is only 1 ship from all junk ,broken russian tech tree ships !!!!

• Funny 1

[3STG]
Players
323 posts
9,980 battles

There are different types of destroyers. I'm with you with that that I do not like a gunboat DD particulary, but you don't have to play them at all. US DDs are gunboats main and hybrids only from Mahan onwards. Those hybrids are best for me and I'm very happy about the US DD line. Pick IJN DD if all you want to do is stealth torp all the way to T10.

Players
8 posts
1,363 battles

everything is ok, but i play only russian tech tree,, and russian tech does not give oportunity in low tiers to chose DD types..  in ru tech tree tier 5 tier 6 tier 7 ships are only 1 without oportunity to chose what type dd i whant. and others nations have that oportunity  in low tiers...  what if i whant play reall stealth dd in tier 6 russian line, i cant because there is no ships  in ru line :)  wg do not fix tech tree , but making updates more and more. and wg ru tech tree cannot fix 3 years, like it was bad it is same till now :) 

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
114 posts
7,502 battles

Two things:

1) Learn how to use capital letters and divide sentences.

2) Don't play Russian DDs if you don't want to play gunboat DDs. There are so many lines of DDs focusing on stealth - if you want to use torpedoes that much, you can play one of them.

[3STG]
Players
323 posts
9,980 battles
31 minutes ago, dagas said:

everything is ok, but i play only russian tech tree,, and russian tech does not give oportunity in low tiers to chose DD types..  in ru tech tree tier 5 tier 6 tier 7 ships are only 1 without oportunity to chose what type dd i whant. and others nations have that oportunity  in low tiers...  what if i whant play reall stealth dd in tier 6 russian line, i cant because there is no ships  in ru line :)  wg do not fix tech tree , but making updates more and more. and wg ru tech tree cannot fix 3 years, like it was bad it is same till now :) 

It is not meant to be that way, that any / every tech tree can do everything. RU DDs are gunboats and there is nothing to be fixed in that matter. WG offers something to everyone, IF they are willing to play other nations. If not, we cannot help you.

If you like to play only RU ships, there is kinda only one DD for you : Ognevoi. It is similar to other hybrids ; It has reasonable concealment, adequate / meh guns and long range torps. All others are more or less gunboats only.

And the RU cruiser line is far from trash ; Chapayev, Dm.Donskoi and Moskva are very good cruisers. Even Shchohrhshch is very good when used properly. They are not Jack of all trades, but masters in HE spamming. Donskoi may be the most versatile of them all and not a bad ship at all.

Players
3,552 posts
7,319 battles
3 hours ago, Paimentaja said:

It is not meant to be that way, that any / every tech tree can do everything. RU DDs are gunboats and there is nothing to be fixed in that matter. WG offers something to everyone, IF they are willing to play other nations. If not, we cannot help you.

If you like to play only RU ships, there is kinda only one DD for you : Ognevoi. It is similar to other hybrids ; It has reasonable concealment, adequate / meh guns and long range torps. All others are more or less gunboats only.

And the RU cruiser line is far from trash ; Chapayev, Dm.Donskoi and Moskva are very good cruisers. Even Shchohrhshch is very good when used properly. They are not Jack of all trades, but masters in HE spamming. Donskoi may be the most versatile of them all and not a bad ship at all.

Technically, from all tier 8+ RU "destroyers" only Khabarovsk is incapable of playing as torpedo boat, others if you build into full concealment can do that.

And russian cruisers from tier 5 onward are pure fire support ships, equipped with Mother Russia finest guns not because soviet bias, but they NEED them for long range shelling, otherwise you will have bad time. A lot of it. 

[3STG]
Players
323 posts
9,980 battles
10 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Technically, from all tier 8+ RU "destroyers" only Khabarovsk is incapable of playing as torpedo boat, others if you build into full concealment can do that.

And russian cruisers from tier 5 onward are pure fire support ships, equipped with Mother Russia finest guns not because soviet bias, but they NEED them for long range shelling, otherwise you will have bad time. A lot of it. 

I know and I kinda like the Kiev. But, the OP wants really an IJN DD but the closest there is in RU line is Ognevoi.

[UNICS]
Players
336 posts
4,778 battles

First things first: Get yourself a dictionary.

Russian destroyers are specific. Unlike other DD`s they survive through mobility rather than stealth, and transition rather quickly (at Izyaslav) from a typical torpedoboats into pure gunboats with borderline useless torps. Take a look at Khabarovsk - nobody even uses Concealment Module on it (which is basicly mandatory on each and every other DD) , since there is no point to do so. It doesn`t even get smoke, because it`s commonly swapped for a Heal/Repair Party.

I agree that mid tier russian DD`s are a bit weak, or rather they don`t fit "The Meta", but once you get to Gnevny the guns really start to shine.

Don`t try to play your russian DD like you`d play an IJN boat though - you will fail miserably.

Just go full speed ahead, and use the WASD hack ALL THE TIME while constantly raining fire on your enemies. Make sure not to run into multiple enemy ships at the same time, because no ship can really deal with a crossfire.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

The only truly multirole Russian destroyer is Gremyashchy, which you can only get in supercontainers these days. The other premium, Leningrad, could be set up as a torpedo boat, but be careful at tier 7 since any higher tier destroyer will have access to the concealment upgrade.

Players
23 posts
5,777 battles

For me, in tech tree Ognevoi was first russian dd that was worth to play, Udaloi again disappointed me little but then Grozovoi fixed all and it is a really nice ship. But all those dds with 4 km torpedo range were awful especially for someone who is new and who is forced to play with low level commanders.

Khabarovsk is unique, a real mosquito that can be so annoying even for cruisers. But idk how he stands against good players who know to aim well... Risky play but I could bet that is fun.

Sign in to follow this