kokegarcia

Game with destroyers in TIERS VIII, IX and X

56 comments in this topic

[GAFE]
Players
1 post
7,422 battles

Friends developers of WoWS, since the last update and due to the brutal increase of ships with radar, the game with destroyers in TIERS VIII, IX and X, has become impossible, it is very unlikely to be able to make a good game with them because it has been lost the trick of concealment, playing with DDs means approaching the enemy .... I regret to communicate that if it is not solved uninstall WoWS and find another game that gives me fun times as WoWS did before this damn update.
Best regards.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,437 posts
11,419 battles

Like always when new ships are released, many are playing them. There is nothing Wargaming or we could to against this, so you have to deal with it or play other classes for a few weeks until everything settles down.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,712 posts
10,879 battles
2 hours ago, kokegarcia said:

Friends developers of WoWS, since the last update and due to the brutal increase of ships with radar, the game with destroyers in TIERS VIII, IX and X, has become impossible, it is very unlikely to be able to make a good game with them because it has been lost the trick of concealment, playing with DDs means approaching the enemy .... I regret to communicate that if it is not solved uninstall WoWS and find another game that gives me fun times as WoWS did before this damn update.
Best regards.

Maybe for you. Others just play DD.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
2 hours ago, kokegarcia said:

since the last update and due to the brutal increase of ships with radar, the game with destroyers in TIERS VIII, IX and X, has become impossible

Oh really?

I play BBs almost exclusively, and yet I can still take a DD (my 2nd least played class) and do perfectly fine in it, just like before this patch

Last 7 day WR in my Chung Mu (haven't played other DDs, would expect pretty much the same result in them anyway)

NOO3i3J.png

Really not a problem if you can figure out how to look around and where your minimap is :fish_palm:

US CAs just got reworked, next patch US CLs get released. Obviously, exactly like every other time there is a new line released or old one reworked, they will be "overplayed" compared to other ships. Give it a couple of weeks and MM will be back to normal

• Boring 1

[4_0_4]
Players
4,343 posts
10,732 battles
6 hours ago, kokegarcia said:

Best regards.

Brutal increase.

Brutal increase.

Brutal increase.

I hate to tell you: in 0.7.5 only 2 ships with radar were added: Kronstadt and Cleveland.

New Orleans lost her radar while the newcomer Buffalo got it instead.

Also: The amount of Cleves has dropped massivly. Today I was often the only Cleve in a match.

[BAD-B]
Players
652 posts
2,345 battles
12 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Oh really?

I play BBs almost exclusively, and yet I can still take a DD (my 2nd least played class) and do perfectly fine in it, just like before this patch

Last 7 day WR in my Chung Mu (haven't played other DDs, would expect pretty much the same result in them anyway)

NOO3i3J.png

Really not a problem if you can figure out how to look around and where your minimap is :fish_palm:

US CAs just got reworked, next patch US CLs get released. Obviously, exactly like every other time there is a new line released or old one reworked, they will be "overplayed" compared to other ships. Give it a couple of weeks and MM will be back to normal

So basically your message to all DD mains: Don't play the game for a couple of weeks until things settle down and you can have normal games again.

[CATS]
Players
14,712 posts
10,879 battles

No. That is a hint for people not able to handle radar.

All others can play their DD normaly and even profit from the low numbers of DD in the game.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
4 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

So basically your message to all DD mains: Don't play the game for a couple of weeks until things settle down and you can have normal games again.

No, my message is - you can play just like you did. You were clueless potato before? You still are one now. You were doing good before? This won't screw you over bcuz presumably you're able to actually pay attention to the game.

• Bad 1

[BAD-B]
Players
652 posts
2,345 battles
9 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

No, my message is - you can play just like you did. You were clueless potato before? You still are one now. You were doing good before? This won't screw you over bcuz presumably you're able to actually pay attention to the game.

Using the stats against you, I looked when you posted and your overall stats with that DD were 75%, now 71%, so you DROPPED 10 to 6 % in winrate with the latest changes ... come again how it does not affect you ??

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
5 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Using the stats against you, I looked when you posted and your overall stats with that DD were 75%, now 71%, so you DROPPED 10 to 6 % in winrate with the latest changes ... come again how it does not affect you ??

Yeah, bunch of potato teams yesterday (remind me later, I should have some screens saved, barely believable those players can breathe and thnk at the same time :fish_palm:) in games (also the game count - like 6 games? Maybe 7?) where enemies never had more than 1 or 2 radars... Oh no, your failed argument didn’t work, what a shame.

Learn to put more than 1 puzzle peace together if you want to look at some statistics and build a bigger picture

Also if I had 75% and now have 71%... that looks like I lost 4%. How did you get your “10 to 6 %”?  Best guess I can get would be “you lost 6% off of the 75% which leaves 70.5% which rounds to 71%” but that would be bit of a stretch as far as any logics are concerned

Players
5,638 posts
6 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

How about the law of large numbers?

37 matches 

23 matches

Thereof:

20 solo matches

21 2-men-division 

19 3-men-division 

Do you really think that these are enough matches to make comparisons? Do you think that you can compare solo, 2-men-division and 3-men-division matches? Come on.

These are way too few matches. You can see it easily:

20 solo matches 80%

21 2-men-division 52.38%

19 3-men-division 84.21%

It makes no sense that 2-men-division stats are worse than solo stats. The reason is: You need much more matches to make reasonable  conclusions.

Look at his overall stats:

2.555 solo matches 54.95%

904 2-men-division 59.73%

786 3-men-division 68.58% 

That makes much more sense.

• Cool 1

[BAD-B]
Players
652 posts
2,345 battles
On 6/9/2018 at 4:35 AM, wilkatis_LV said:

Yeah, bunch of potato teams yesterday (remind me later, I should have some screens saved, barely believable those players can breathe and thnk at the same time :fish_palm:) in games (also the game count - like 6 games? Maybe 7?) where enemies never had more than 1 or 2 radars... Oh no, your failed argument didn’t work, what a shame.

Learn to put more than 1 puzzle peace together if you want to look at some statistics and build a bigger picture

Also if I had 75% and now have 71%... that looks like I lost 4%. How did you get your “10 to 6 %”?  Best guess I can get would be “you lost 6% off of the 75% which leaves 70.5% which rounds to 71%” but that would be bit of a stretch as far as any logics are concerned

You quoted 66% for the last 8 games or so (the screenshot you posted) but your running average was 75% .. so that's up to 9% (10% for exageration) compared to your "normal" performance with the ship ... If your excuse are potato teams, then you quoting your winrate is pointless anyway since it has nothing to do with radars, just potato teams ... does not really back your argument that way ...

So ... either you got a 10% drop in winrate in the sitation, which is a significant proof of you BEING affected by the overpopulation of radar cruisers, or those 66% were as you put it potato teams, so your use of it does not in any way help your argument....

[BAD-B]
Players
652 posts
2,345 battles
On 6/9/2018 at 4:50 AM, darky_fighter said:

How about the law of large numbers?

37 matches 

23 matches

Thereof:

20 solo matches

21 2-men-division 

19 3-men-division 

Do you really think that these are enough matches to make comparisons? Do you think that you can compare solo, 2-men-division and 3-men-division matches? Come on.

These are way too few matches. You can see it easily:

20 solo matches 80%

21 2-men-division 52.38%

19 3-men-division 84.21%

It makes no sense that 2-men-division stats are worse than solo stats. The reason is: You need much more matches to make reasonable  conclusions.

Look at his overall stats:

2.555 solo matches 54.95%

904 2-men-division 59.73%

786 3-men-division 68.58% 

That makes much more sense.

So Wilkatis used irrelevant numbers to bolster his argumentation ? That's what you are trying to say ?

[HAWKS]
Players
60 posts
3,946 battles

I truly get your point, and yes there are more and more radar ships entering the game along with hydro ones. Most just park behind and island and hold a cappoint radared. Along with special consumeables, radar last for over a minute on some ships. All in all this means, DDs cant go for the caps and are forced to do other stupid stuff on the map, like hunting BBs in the backrow. The competitiveness has decreased, since MM allows 5 radar ships on each team for some reason. Most maps have a maximum of 4 cap points, so consider for yourself. I honestly think that the many radar ships are ok, but that the radar action time or reload time should be decreased, so it allows DDs to play more freely. Most radars can almost catch you on your maximum shooting range bleh (Not fun)

[MJK]
Players
208 posts
7,284 battles
On 2018-06-08 at 8:01 AM, Hugh_Ruka said:

I did that for a couple of days and then spent some time sulking about in tier 4. The meta seems better now but It will permanently shift towards more radar. More radar ships with the US CLs and 2 new stronk premium Ruski BBs with radar will guarantee that.

[UNICS]
Players
1,210 posts
15,028 battles
On 6/7/2018 at 5:34 PM, kokegarcia said:

Best regards.

jojojoj

Your issues with radar is the least of your worries , can i suggest to go back to tier 2 and try and get a winrate above maybe 50% where there is no radar?

• Bad 1

Players
17 posts
6,010 battles

Wow, why all the hate on the OP.

As a frequent DD player I can only confirm the OPs feeling,  now 2 more radar ships is not much, however combine this with the +10km range and working through islands and most caps can be spotted with radar cruisers that themselves are lying behind the islands.

As a DD you cannot get into the cap anymore as often you will be detected by radar and killed in a matter of seconds while there is no game mechanic that can help you. 

The current radar situation is comparable to the earlier DD stealth shooting where a DD could shoot some without them being able to detect them, this was not fun so it was fixes so a ships detection range will always increase to at least its firing range after shooting.

Putting a radar cruiser behind an island, preferably between two caps makes these cruisers able to spot DD's for a long time, while they had no idea you were there and they have now way of getting out as the enemy team is shooting at these DD's and killing them in seconds

I think the radar game mechanic is good addition to the game and makes playing a stealth DD much harder, however the current increase of radar ships combined with the radar working while you are behind an island sucks the fun out of playing DD's as there is nothing you can do except staying clear from all islands for at least 10km and that means you cant cap and game play slows down.

So even if the amount of radar ships are going down in time, the radar game mechanic is broken the same way the old DD stealth fire was an so it just needs to be fixed.

I hear all kinds of reasons that this is too hard as people wont understand as its too complicated or its hard to implement, those reasons are all invalid as this game mechanic is already in the game to determine whether you can see someone or not and that exact same mechanic could be used to fix radar.

• Cool 1

[BAD-B]
Players
652 posts
2,345 battles
4 hours ago, AeroWB said:

Wow, why all the hate on the OP.

As a frequent DD player I can only confirm the OPs feeling,  now 2 more radar ships is not much, however combine this with the +10km range and working through islands and most caps can be spotted with radar cruisers that themselves are lying behind the islands.

As a DD you cannot get into the cap anymore as often you will be detected by radar and killed in a matter of seconds while there is no game mechanic that can help you. 

The current radar situation is comparable to the earlier DD stealth shooting where a DD could shoot some without them being able to detect them, this was not fun so it was fixes so a ships detection range will always increase to at least its firing range after shooting.

Putting a radar cruiser behind an island, preferably between two caps makes these cruisers able to spot DD's for a long time, while they had no idea you were there and they have now way of getting out as the enemy team is shooting at these DD's and killing them in seconds

I think the radar game mechanic is good addition to the game and makes playing a stealth DD much harder, however the current increase of radar ships combined with the radar working while you are behind an island sucks the fun out of playing DD's as there is nothing you can do except staying clear from all islands for at least 10km and that means you cant cap and game play slows down.

So even if the amount of radar ships are going down in time, the radar game mechanic is broken the same way the old DD stealth fire was an so it just needs to be fixed.

I hear all kinds of reasons that this is too hard as people wont understand as its too complicated or its hard to implement, those reasons are all invalid as this game mechanic is already in the game to determine whether you can see someone or not and that exact same mechanic could be used to fix radar.

The DD stealthfire comparison is very good and actually appropriate as it is the exact same situation.

One fix for radar ships could be to increase their assured detection to their radar range for the duration of the radar. That way, they are visible while radaring to their victims (same as you lose vision when smoking up, same principle).

Players
240 posts
5,638 battles
On 6/8/2018 at 11:57 AM, wilkatis_LV said:

Confirmation-Bias.png

I do wonder why you have to be so mean to other people, it's not a flattering quality... and the game will be changed to suit the majority income source..and I'll put money on that NOT being the top couple per cent Unicums, but the "potatoes".

Some "top players" can't seem to even grasp that others play for fun and just for fun.... so their complaints of "it isn't fun" cannot be squashed by stat-shaming arrogance and is a perfectly valid standpoint. One that doesn't deserve to be shat upon by people who could be little more than aim-aid using oikes who think that because their stats are better their viewpoint carries more weight.

It doesn't.

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles

I'm only at tier 6 so far, but when uoptiered to T8 yes I see more radar ships.

Well. This gives the DDs something else to do besides capping. 

Spot the radar ships and make them priority target number one. '

One game I played, there was a player suggesting we do JUST THAT, which we did. 

None of the usual 'all deaths around the cap'. Insyed it sort of became 'hunt the enemy, cap if you can'.

It meant we had to kill any enemies in the area before capping. Great stuff. 

BBs could no longer 'hang back'. Radar ships would detect them and DDs would go for their butts.

First kill all threats, then cap. 

• Cool 1

Players
17 posts
6,010 battles
On 7/6/2018 at 11:19 PM, BLUB__BLUB said:

Spot the radar ships and make them priority target number on

That is all great, but often impossible, as radar penetrates islands and has a long range. So many radar cruiser park behind and island enable radar, if possible even shoot over the island, and I as a DD cannot do anything except get the hell out of radar range which is sometimes very hard because you do not even know where the radar ship is.

So unless WG "fixes" the radar so it needs line of sight your gameplay suggestion is often impossible.

This is why I mentioned the DD stealth firing which was also a problem with no counter available to the enemy. So it compares well with the current radar situation where the radar cannot be countered, the DD must run and hope to survive and wait until the enemy radar ships have been killed, which is not a counter, as it only results in a slow game where DDs do spotting, and staying away from islands, radar ships and spot only.

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
8 hours ago, AeroWB said:

That is all great, but often impossible, as radar penetrates islands and has a long range. So many radar cruiser park behind and island....

Yes without good teamwork it is impossible indeed. 

And I'd agree that radar THROUGH mountains is kinda bull. 

In real life, no way. So YES this needs to be fixed.

But if he's firing you know which mountain he's parked after.

There's lots of ships that can arch-fire over mountains, else you need teamwork and one needs to sneak around.

And the game will tell you if you hit anything, shooting over that mountain - in real life you would not know.

• Cool 1

[WAH]
Players
9 posts
5,733 battles
On 6.7.2018 at 7:20 PM, antenociti said:

Confirmation-Bias.png

I do wonder why you have to be so mean to other people, it's not a flattering quality... and the game will be changed to suit the majority income source..and I'll put money on that NOT being the top couple per cent Unicums, but the "potatoes".

Some "top players" can't seem to even grasp that others play for fun and just for fun.... so their complaints of "it isn't fun" cannot be squashed by stat-shaming arrogance and is a perfectly valid standpoint. One that doesn't deserve to be shat upon by people who could be little more than aim-aid using oikes who think that because their stats are better their viewpoint carries more weight.

It doesn't.

Thx for that youre absolutely right! for "average" players who have perhaps 1 hour in the evening to play and who just want to have fun with it, playing DD has become a very frustrating experience, mostly being killed within a few seconds and not being able to do much about that. And teamplay is a luxury you seldom find outside of ranked or clan battles.

So hopefully WG will change that soon. I will pause to play DD until a change, its not worth the time (and with premium account the money). And sorry "top guns", dont bother to shitstorm ... doesnt land.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,712 posts
10,879 battles

Two to ten games should even teach an average player that it is a bad idea to kamikaze into the cap, stop and smoke up.

You do not need special skills for that.

Players
329 posts
12,973 battles

At first I was critical of whiners, crying about radar all the time, supporting game's counters available to each class. But now, I will vote for the removal of radar completely just so that we can stop hearing cries and moans from these incompetent little EDIT

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism