MrConway

General Feedback - 0.7.6 PTS

56 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,120 posts
2,232 battles

Captains,

please leave any general feedback about the changes and features in our public test of update 0.7.6 in this thread. Should your feedback concern one of the topics listed below, please leave it in the corresponding thread!

Your feedback matters! :cap_like:

[EYLIG]
Beta Tester
256 posts
15,851 battles

Could you please remove the 3-day period for joining a new Clan? Anyone who isn't in a 3-person Clan will have to leave their PTS-Clan and wait 3 days before being able to test anything CW-related. After those 3 days, there's barely time left to test sth.

This seems like a major oversight to me.

• Cool 3

[TRRC]
Players
480 posts

Tier X ships not available... 500K stars required... but there is a Mission only for them? Part 2 of PT?

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,176 posts
6,755 battles
22 minutes ago, RedAnark said:

Tier X ships not available... 500K stars required... but there is a Mission only for them? Part 2 of PT?

Arsenal

• Cool 3

[UN]
Weekend Tester
841 posts
19,877 battles
8 minutes ago, bouncer8409 said:

3 day wait to change clan.....WHY WG ?

Because clans were exploiting the heck out of it during 1st clan battle season, often switching between main and 2ndary clans multiple times during a week.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,176 posts
6,755 battles
5 minutes ago, Caljostro said:

Because clans were exploiting the heck out of it during 1st clan battle season, often switching between main and 2ndary clans multiple times during a week.

Yes, on live server that exactly why, but why the hell would you have that on PTS?

[EYLIG]
Beta Tester
256 posts
15,851 battles
1 minute ago, Caljostro said:

Of course that is totally a problem on a Testserver that will be wiped within a week's time... /s

No one's asking why the 3-days are in place on Live Server. But on PTS that is just dumb.

[UFR]
Players
2 posts
8,851 battles

Hello,

I play Wows on a multiscreen evironement, and there is a nice feature on the PTS client that never goes to LIVE client:

• PTS: I can keep the Wows client on one screen, and go to  the other one with the mouse. (I do it a lot to chat on discord, change the music,etc..)
  • LIVE: when I do it it minimises the client(takes 2 seconds), than I need to click on the taskbar again to go back (takes another 2 seconds)

Please, please, please add it to the main client (with an option in the settings disabled by default).

If you think it might desorient the main playerbase you can even show this option ONLY if multiscreen detected.

Thank you!

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,287 posts
6,159 battles
2 minutes ago, adio said:

Hello,

I play Wows on a multiscreen evironement, and there is a nice feature on the PTS client that never goes to LIVE client:

• PTS: I can keep the Wows client on one screen, and go to  the other one with the mouse. (I do it a lot to chat on discord, change the music,etc..)
  • LIVE: when I do it it minimises the client(takes 2 seconds), than I need to click on the taskbar again to go back (takes another 2 seconds)

Please, please, please add it to the main client (with an option in the settings disabled by default).

If you think it might desorient the main playerbase you can even show this option ONLY if multiscreen detected.

Thank you!

Fullscreen borderless?

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,120 posts
2,232 battles
12 hours ago, Doerte said:

Of course that is totally a problem on a Testserver that will be wiped within a week's time... /s

No one's asking why the 3-days are in place on Live Server. But on PTS that is just dumb.

That is a very good point and I can see if we can disable this cooldown ad-hoc!

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,120 posts
2,232 battles

An update:

We have reduced the clan-switching cooldown to two minutes and have deleted all existing cooldowns - go test!

• Cool 2

[EYLIG]
Beta Tester
256 posts
15,851 battles

Thank you for reacting so quickly. Appreciate it. 

[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,655 battles

Just played first clan battle on PTS. Supposed to be 3 vs 3. So 3 of us go into battle and meet 4 enemy......WTF !

Then 3 client crashes in one game..... 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,176 posts
6,755 battles
44 minutes ago, bouncer8409 said:

Just played first clan battle on PTS. Supposed to be 3 vs 3. So 3 of us go into battle and meet 4 enemy......WTF !

Then 3 client crashes in one game..... 

This is the case which kind of requires a screenshot and / or replay. But hey, how did you think those gud clans get those gud ratings if not getting an extra player in the team? :Smile_trollface:

[AEGIS]
Players
31 posts

I really like the smaller flags on the left side of the the tech tree. You should give us the option to have them on the live server. 

pts tech tree.jpg

live tech tree.jpg

Players
382 posts

Question I raised before;  what is the process with the rewards now as has this changed?

On the 0.7.5 news post it says, as with previous PTS news posts,  "You will be able to claim your rewards on the dedicated page. Information regarding when you will be able to redeem them will be sent to your registered Test Account email address on the day of the release of the update or slightly after."

But on the 0.7.6 news post it says "The rewards will be added to your live account within five days after the Update’s release."

So does this mean that from now on the rewards are going to be automatically credited to the accounts rather than people needing to claim them? And, if so, does that mean that if someone doesn't log in for a few days that the premium time might be credited and then expire before they get any use from it?

Players
382 posts

Second post in a row, but such is life.

Kudos to Mr.Conway and the other WG-EU staff for being organised; I took a look at the NA PTS forum to see how similar the concerns raised were and they only have "general feedback" and "bug report" threads started and players can start new threads. So it is a mess of whining people starting new threads to say exactly the same thing.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,666 posts
8,505 battles

I think 'balancing' the Grozovoi by giving it an extra slot, explicitly for radar, is a spectacularly bad idea.

Aside from giving needless ammunition for the already prevailing claims of 'Russian bias, comrade!' it is just not fair.

Grozovoi is a great ship already, no need to allow it to smoke up and radar stuff.

The firing and torping from smoke-meta was hated enough that this kind of thing was nerfed a few patches back, why bring it back?

Because a DD is about the only ship that can fire from smoke and NOT be spotted at under 7.5 km.

This will be especially frustrating to all DDs, especially Japanese DDs, that have absolutely no counter to that.

Yeah, torping into smoke, fine, but if the Grozovoi player is not a window licker he will use the smoke + radar + fire in a situation where the enemy DD has just launched his torps.

Or against an Asashio, which can't even torpedo a DD or a CA sitting in smoke.

I was happy with the very slight buff to Shima recently, but she's still a tricky ship to play in the current meta of radar and hydro, no need to add yet another counter.

The Yueyang is forced to choose radar OR smoke, which I think is fair, although Z-52 has hydro AND smoke.

But I have used Z-52 almost exclusively for CB and also exploited the smoke + hydro combo in Ranked as its so powerful.

So hydro in an extra slot I can get behind, although it'd be more appropriate for Yueyang, since she can't torpedo DDs hidden in smoke.

But TBH, combinations like that are OP, especially when you consider the Japanese line, which has none of those advantages and often left to fend for itself.

Stealth is not gonna help you when radared.

Please reconsider this change.

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
655 posts
6,663 battles
5 minutes ago, TheCinC said:

the problem is that they don't get that the grozvoi is not played not because is a bad ship, but because the tier 5-to9 are bad ship-unfun ship

Players
1 post
3,940 battles

I saw that Grozovoi has added a radar. Like Black and tier 9/10 DD panasian.

I totally disagree !

Black is a REWARD ship with radar AND smoke

Panasian can Mount  radar OR smoke.

German DD s have hydro AND smoke but hydro range is smaller than radar one.

Why Grozovoi has both radar AND smoke ???  It is not a reward ship !!

the game is already frustrating in some terms for a Japanese or USA DD players, adding ships with radars is not the correct answers the game is becoming boring.

And another question, why japanese gunboats, like akizuk,i have not radar? it was the first JIN DD that mounted radar !!

[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,655 battles

I have to disagree with previous posts re Grozovoi. Adding short range and short duration radar i like, i think it improves the ship without being OP. The claim it will be exploited is true, ALL ship traits are exploited by skilled players and poor players will be poor regardless. In random battles i have met a fair few divisions of radar Yeuyang with a smoke DD playing together and they are strong together but not OP. The Z52 with its long duration and long range hydro will still be a far better cap contester. On the whole i think it will give the Grozovoi a boost but will NOT make it OP.

[IBULL]
Players
8 posts
7,906 battles

Hello WG team i have some suggestions  not especially related to PTS 7.6.1, more like general improvements, if possible and you think they are reasonable to be implemented :

- re-work of the turret icon so that it properly reflect how many barrels the turret has (Conqueror 3 vs 2, Alsace 4, and so on) so that player has a better insight on what he gives up when changing.

- if possible the Tier X ship XP that is accumulating to go in a XP pool similar to L 19 captains XP does.

- improve game items scaling for 4k resolution (text increase, minimap increase)