MrConway

Arsenal

36 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,151 posts
2,248 battles

Captains,

please leave any feedback about our new Arsenal in this thread.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,250 posts
6,795 battles

Is the "0 XP earned" intended or a bug? No XP for grinding to specifically make ("force") us test the Arsenal? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[DUBO]
Players
54 posts

So where do I check how much coal and steel I have got so far? It is not listed in the Arsenal, nor in the inventory. Please put it next to gold, credits  and free xp in the top of the screen.

edit: Okay, I found it in the Arsenal.

Can you provide a way to sort the goods for sale in the Arsenal? The icons are very big, and it can be hard to find a specific item even on a big screen.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,250 posts
6,795 battles
1 hour ago, vonduus said:

Can you provide a way to sort the goods for sale in the Arsenal? The icons are very big, and it can be hard to find a specific item even on a big screen.

There are categories on the left side, choose which you want and the list gets shorter

Players
382 posts

Looks good. Discovered accidentally that didn't need 10 000 coal, that game would take some steel to make up the last 500 to let me buy a Grozovoi and see if had radar. UI seems clear enough and similar to the shop. Main quibbles might be about prices and can't comment on those as PTS-economy. 

Question though, when I got the first containers one was a credits one and that had coal in it. Is Coal going to be something that will pop up in all containers or only in credits? Certainly be more useful than captain reserve places.

Players
240 posts
5,638 battles

Can you add mouse-over info to the signals and camouflages please?
(saves you having to click into the flag/camo to see its stats/effects)

Players
1,433 posts
14,846 battles

You can get coal in a 'Try your luck' container apparently. It looks a bit weird though.

shot-18_06.08_00_48.04-0380.thumb.jpg.eceab9330c11e074f4660a97fdf1376c.jpg

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,945 battles

Needs to be a bit clearer where coal and steel is coming from. Got some from a container then went to the Arsenal and found I already had thousands of coal and hundreds of steel, with no idea where it came from. After the next operation I noticed it flashing up in the notifications, but it needs to be added to the battle reports. It could already be added and not showing as the operation reports seem a little bugged at the moment with no rewards for completion.

• Cool 1

Players
86 posts
8,700 battles

What achievements are these resources given for? How can I earn more of them? 

Why does the Arsenal require special currencies? Why not just use Credits & Dubloons?

Peter.

Edited by PeterBrooks_1
Further particulars

Players
1,433 posts
14,846 battles

Just play battles, you are notified when you get coal and steel. You get 1 tier 10 ship, the second one would need quite a bit of farming so choose wisely.

[HNFC]
Players
81 posts
7,733 battles

I might be totally blind...Where exactly IS the arsenal? 

I guess it's here, but whenever I click on it, it's just an infinite loading screen, NEVER moving on to anything else... 

shot-18.06.08_12.41.32-0514.jpg

shot-18.06.08_12.42.15-0590.jpg

Edit: reinstalling the test client worked for me, too. 

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

Guess Hindenburg is too OP, so in Arsenal you get a "slightly" nerfed version :Smile_trollface:

shot-18.06.08_14.51.36-0487.jpg

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,666 posts
8,514 battles

If it is truly intended to hand out tier X ships like candy, this is a seriously bad idea.

Gameplay at tier X is already hands down the most frustrating because you would THINK people had learned to play the game before tier X, but that is not exactly necessarily so.

There is a reason Premiums stop at tier VIII and Freemium ships at tier IX.

No one wants an inexperienced player at tier X.

Never mind Ranked or CB.

You bring the whole team down.

So I hope there will be requirements like:

You can buy a tier X BB -IF- you already own the tier VIII of that nation's BB branch (so that you're familiar with how that nation's BBs work), AND already own at least one tier X BB of another nation, AND you have at least 100 battles in that tier X BB with a winrate within at least 1% of the average for that BB.

For example, I saw a Yamato in random recently that was firing HE, almost ran aground, therefore providing a nice broadside view, which led to him getting citadeled by a North Carolina.

Other than that, he contributed nothing.

Even more worrying, handing out tier X carriers BEFORE the CV rework is a SPECTACULARLY bad idea.

Bad CV players are already reviled when they are on your team, there's no need to add more.

It is really unclear how this is supposed to work, but if it just going to be: play x battles and buy a tier X ship and mess around in it, then that is a firm, hard no for me.

Buying camouflages, signals, for a resource that is basically free?
Go for it, yes, that is how this should work.

Handing out tier X ships like candy to woefully inept players so they can screw up high tier gameplay even more for everyone else?

No! Heck no!

Please be careful when introducing this new feature.

I would VERY MUCH like more information on what is planned here, but, alas, fear that will not be forthcoming until its (about to be) introduced.

That said, a feature like this could be most welcome provided it does something like providing a source of signal flags and suchlike.

So maybe also allow us to use non-free XP, or silver, to buy stuff in the Arsenal?
Without having to convert it first?

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Players
382 posts

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-076/

During the Public Test, the "Ships" section will offer you all Tier X ships. Play several battles of any type, earn the required amount of resources, and exchange them for any top-tier ship you like!

But bear in mind that all Tier X's will be available in the Arsenal for the duration of the Public test only! On the live server, the choice of ships in the Arsenal will be different.

• Cool 2

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,666 posts
8,514 battles
9 minutes ago, Johmie said:

That is somewhat comforting, but let's hope they never change their opinion on this, other than with the kind of restrictions that I laid out.

Gotta say I missed that, but then again, the best place to put it would be in the OP.

Players
140 posts
7,817 battles

Obviously some features in the game like the news section, the clan portal, the inventory and the arsenal are calculated on a different server. This is pretty annoying because my firewall blocks everything that is not calculated on the regular game servers. At least you could inform people what ports they have to open so I don't have to shut down my firewall every time I want to enter the arsenal or the inventory.

Players
277 posts
11,549 battles

Apparently it's possible to buy ships that are already in your port and receive credit compensation. This seems unnecessary to me, though maybe it won't be a problem on live.

[EL]
Players
65 posts
On 11/06/2018 at 2:57 AM, 300ConfirmedKills said:

Apparently it's possible to buy ships that are already in your port and receive credit compensation. This seems unnecessary to me, though maybe it won't be a problem on live.

Yes you get three captains of a Gearing and one gearing, but you loose your resources buying the same ship over and over again... :)

Players
277 posts
11,549 battles

I hope clans will be able to use their oil reserves to buy coal/steel for their members. Most active clans must have all of the clan facilities by now and there's nothing else to spend their oil on, so it's just stockpiling uselessly.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,250 posts
6,795 battles
7 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Flint and Black ? What's the incentive to play Ranked then ? Salem still unreleased ... That list cannot be correct ...

Flint and Black, same as Stalingrad when that comes out (presumably right as CB S3 ends), will be in Arsenal, but you don't have to buy them - you can still earn them with those same Ranked / CB rewards.

Difference being that (as an example) I can now play CB and ignore Ranked, thus earning the Stalingrad "properly", but buying the Flint / Black with the resources I get from playing CB

And as it was told to us a few weeks ago - Salem is coming in 7.6 (the next patch, presumably next Thursday) together with the Arsenal

Spoiler

59yovcK.png

[BAD-B]
Players
653 posts
2,353 battles
19 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Flint and Black, same as Stalingrad when that comes out (presumably right as CB S3 ends), will be in Arsenal, but you don't have to buy them - you can still earn them with those same Ranked / CB rewards.

Difference being that (as an example) I can now play CB and ignore Ranked, thus earning the Stalingrad "properly", but buying the Flint / Black with the resources I get from playing CB

And as it was told to us a few weeks ago - Salem is coming in 7.6 (the next patch, presumably next Thursday) together with the Arsenal

Reveal hidden contents

59yovcK.png

Is my English so bad or you did not understand the point ... just to make sure, my point was:

Why play Ranked now when the only interesting rewards can be obtained from Arsenal ???

[ADRIA]
Players
4,250 posts
6,795 battles
2 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Is my English so bad or you did not understand the point ... just to make sure, my point was:

Why play Ranked now when the only interesting rewards can be obtained from Arsenal ???

Why play ranked?

• Other rewards
    • Stuff you get along the way (like the usual pile of camos and signals - never hurts to have them spare)
    • Other R1 rewards - Jolly Rogers, unique camo for those 2, whatever else they introduce
  • Getting Steel
    • Should be resource obtainable through Ranked and CB only, or at least we were told that it will be so
    • Coal is the cheap "get this everywhere" resource, but "competitive rewards ships" will not be available for it
  • Getting that Flint and Black the same old way so you can spend your Steel on something else (like Stalingrad for example)

So - yes, you can get them from the Arsenal, if you have done good enough in, for example, CB to get that steel that you need (I mean, if you did good enough in Ranked you should have those ships anyway, right? :cap_hmm:). Otherwise - no, you won't get it just for playing randoms long enough

• Bad 1

[BAD-B]
Players
653 posts
2,353 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Why play ranked?

• Other rewards
    • Stuff you get along the way (like the usual pile of camos and signals - never hurts to have them spare)
    • Other R1 rewards - Jolly Rogers, unique camo for those 2, whatever else they introduce
  • Getting Steel
    • Should be resource obtainable through Ranked and CB only, or at least we were told that it will be so
    • Coal is the cheap "get this everywhere" resource, but "competitive rewards ships" will not be available for it
  • Getting that Flint and Black the same old way so you can spend your Steel on something else (like Stalingrad for example)

So - yes, you can get them from the Arsenal, if you have done good enough in, for example, CB to get that steel that you need (I mean, if you did good enough in Ranked you should have those ships anyway, right? :cap_hmm:). Otherwise - no, you won't get it just for playing randoms long enough

I expect there will be an exchange of coal to steel and vice versa as is with other resources (xp/fexp/cptxp ...).

At the moment, except the special upgrades, there's no point in the Arsenal or it lowers the value of existing ships (Black, Flint ...). A net downgrade if you ask me ...

But your view seems to differ ... well ... once again we disagree :)