MrConway

Bug Reports

39 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,151 posts
2,248 battles

Captains,

Please share all bugs encountered in the public test of version 0.7.6 below, using the following template:

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details

Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

565152Sanstitre.png

[-TXG-]
Players
2,376 posts

Bug or not? Not sure if I am missing something but T10 ships are impossible to get due to massive research needed.  Especially as there is a reward for playing a T10.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,247 posts
6,788 battles
31 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Bug or not? Not sure if I am missing something but T10 ships are impossible to get due to massive research needed.  Especially as there is a reward for playing a T10.

Coal is your answer, buy them in arsenal

[-TXG-]
Players
2,376 posts
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Coal is your answer, buy them in arsenal

I wondered but was a tad confused....cheers mate :Smile_smile:

Players
328 posts

Hi WG.

Again you give us a test that is sticky, glitchy and doggy sever.

Stickiness is if clicking on the scenario it sticks there and can't select another battle.

Doggy server on selecting battle for scenario it kick you out saying the server is overloaded when only a few players are playing, your server is not up to the new scenario, and after trying many time we're in play.

Glitchiness is still the detection/rendering of any enemy ship in range keep disappearing and then reappear but further away from where it should be, it's like they jump a few Km's.

As for the cherry blossom scenario why is there torpedoes being launch where there are no ships/planes are, like at one point i was surrounded by torps 2/3 were launch from nothing and the other 1/3 were what seem to be coming from or through islands.

The 2 carriers in the new scenario are as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike their fighter cover is not attacking, their attack planes don't attack that well and the repair area they have don't last long.

Overall it's challenging if we have a good team, LIKE THAT WILL HAPPEN,  

And why the no Xp points/credits etc at the end if the scenario win or lose.     

• Bad 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,247 posts
6,788 battles
1 hour ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Hi WG.

Hi clueless potato (also you could have greeted the rest of the Forums aswell, just saying)

Again you give us a test that is sticky, glitchy and doggy sever.

Again you with your "I know literally nothing but Iļl whine about everything"

Stickiness is if clicking on the scenario it sticks there and can't select another battle.

Doesn't happen to me or my clanmates who were on PTS, we could freely select any mode I want.

However if you can manage to get it reproducible (a.k.a. if you do this and then this you'll get stuck on scenario) post that in the bug reports section (here) as a proper bug report

Doggy server on selecting battle for scenario it kick you out saying the server is overloaded when only a few players are playing, your server is not up to the new scenario, and after trying many time we're in play.

1st evening of PTS with a new operation, literally everyone who gets on (pre-updated it during the day to get on right away or updated it shortly after PTS launched) is trying to play the operation, exactly like you did. So you could easily make the point that you are part of the problem why PTS servers are struggling. Obviously those servers aren't meant to handle that much traffic.

Is it annoying? Yes. Is it inevitable? Yes. How can you deal with it? Click "ok" and queue up again, as simple as that

Glitchiness is still the detection/rendering of any enemy ship in range keep disappearing and then reappear but further away from where it should be, it's like they jump a few Km's.

Doesn't happen. Be so kind and go educate yourself - http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detection

As for the cherry blossom scenario why is there torpedoes being launch where there are no ships/planes are, like at one point i was surrounded by torps 2/3 were launch from nothing and the other 1/3 were what seem to be coming from or through islands.

Torpedoes are launched by ships. They don't have to be spotted to launch them, but they are there. In case they were spotted (quite likely) - your situational awareness shortcomings aren't anyone elses fault.

After the 1st time you've played it those ship attack / spawn locations become very easy to predict / remember as they don't change. That makes it rather easy to predict where the torps will come from.

Or you simply got dropped by aircraft squad, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the answer.

Oh, just as a fyi - Japanese cruisers (Aoba, Myoko, Atago...) have torpedoes, in case you had no idea about that

The 2 carriers in the new scenario are as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike their fighter cover is not attacking, their attack planes don't attack that well and the repair area they have don't last long.

Never had a problem with those aircraft, but never relied on them either so can't comment on that. In all my games they were attacking, that's as far as I can comment on it.

Repair area doesn't last...? What? It doesn't disappear, the only way how you can lose it is for the Bunker Hill to get sunk... Thank god I still haven't had a single team that so bad they let enemies get close to our CVs

Overall it's challenging if we have a good team, LIKE THAT WILL HAPPEN

Division with friends, the same as in every other operations. That makes them just so much better.

And why the no Xp points/credits etc at the end if the scenario win or lose.     

Yeah, I got cough by that too. Kinda stupid. But I guess that's so that you would go test the Arsenal (you can buy t10 ships & other stuff in it)

[8BIT]
Players
100 posts

1. Description

Unable to view Arsenal and Clan Section

2. Reproduction steps

Click on the Arsenal button

Click on the Clan button

3. Result

Screen just sits with the timer symbol. Went away made a snack and drink come back 10 mins and still the same

4. Expected result

To View the Arsenal
To view the clan section

5. Technical details

shot-18_06.08_00_02.46-0125.thumb.jpg.fe4bfaf4542594afc91bb6c218619816.jpg

shot-18_06.08_00_03.01-0605.thumb.jpg.aabb255d5906aa9c71be3e6d6eb1bf1a.jpg

Update:  only after uninstalling and re-installing the PTS Client, was I able to access the clan  and Arsenal sections

• Cool 1

[-RT-]
Supertester
243 posts
5,213 battles

Desc:

Sun's occasionally a wee lil bright.

Repro:

Start a game, look at the sun. (No responsibility taken for potential harm to your eyes!)

Reality:

Blinded by the light

Expectation:

Sunshades on the bridge?

BaBgPsW.jpg

JaxbJoP.jpg

Players
328 posts
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Hi clueless potato (also you could have greeted the rest of the Forums aswell, just saying)

Again you with your "I know literally nothing but Iļl whine about everything"

Doesn't happen to me or my clanmates who were on PTS, we could freely select any mode I want.

However if you can manage to get it reproducible (a.k.a. if you do this and then this you'll get stuck on scenario) post that in the bug reports section (here) as a proper bug report

1st evening of PTS with a new operation, literally everyone who gets on (pre-updated it during the day to get on right away or updated it shortly after PTS launched) is trying to play the operation, exactly like you did. So you could easily make the point that you are part of the problem why PTS servers are struggling. Obviously those servers aren't meant to handle that much traffic.

Is it annoying? Yes. Is it inevitable? Yes. How can you deal with it? Click "ok" and queue up again, as simple as that

Doesn't happen. Be so kind and go educate yourself - http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detection

Torpedoes are launched by ships. They don't have to be spotted to launch them, but they are there. In case they were spotted (quite likely) - your situational awareness shortcomings aren't anyone elses fault.

After the 1st time you've played it those ship attack / spawn locations become very easy to predict / remember as they don't change. That makes it rather easy to predict where the torps will come from.

Or you simply got dropped by aircraft squad, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the answer.

Oh, just as a fyi - Japanese cruisers (Aoba, Myoko, Atago...) have torpedoes, in case you had no idea about that

Never had a problem with those aircraft, but never relied on them either so can't comment on that. In all my games they were attacking, that's as far as I can comment on it.

Repair area doesn't last...? What? It doesn't disappear, the only way how you can lose it is for the Bunker Hill to get sunk... Thank god I still haven't had a single team that so bad they let enemies get close to our CVs

Division with friends, the same as in every other operations. That makes them just so much better.

Yeah, I got cough by that too. Kinda stupid. But I guess that's so that you would go test the Arsenal (you can buy t10 ships & other stuff in it)

Hi wilkatis_LV (Teacher)  

Lecturing me and calling me names is not the way to go and will get you into trouble, Do you think i'm some kid on the street that never played PC Games. 

Sorry i normally do greet all (Sorry if this offended you) but this was for WG bug report only, (Yes WG only) if i had greeted others then you can have your say.

As this was for WG bug report and not for you to criticize hume posted it, as what i said is what i witness and you were not playing my games, so i can only report what i see and if torps are launched where no ship or plane is and they are not unsighted as torps were coming from direction no ship/plane was or had been and they were not friendlies, ( i had radar on) maybe if some enemy ships were behind me if so they had to be in the islands or were my team were to launch, then that is wrong, if the server can't handle 6-40+ players then that's wrong.   

Fare enough that the repair don't last long but it went off with no carrier sunk, i'd expected it to be there till a carrier was sunk and as this was not explained in the info, well i didn't see it i was right to mention it.

I'm not winning or complaining i'm reporting issues or were you thinking this was another thread forum where the winners go, now who's clueless this is the bug report forum for WG to know that we may or may not spot a bug or whats wrong. (Maybe i should have posted this on the scenario forum, and get told to post here) 

You said there was to much traffic for the server to handle at any one point the total number of players when i had played were up to 43 and at the scenario 6 Yes 6 every time i clicked to battle only 6 in waiting, now is that to much traffic, NO i don't think so this never happened at any other time. 

Also in every PTS when Wg do something new for us to try they mess up something else up that screw up the game this time around i had to reset key binding as my setting were missing some commands my torp key controls were blanc.

FYi i do not division up or am i in a clan and the way some of these play, shooting each other up at the start in most scenarios, Yes i know you get no friendly fire damage in scenarios that's another thing WG can do by putting that in, i'm clad no to be in a clan/division.  

SO LEAVE IT TO WG.  

[BAD-B]
Players
653 posts
2,345 battles
2 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Hi wilkatis_LV (Teacher)  

Lecturing me and calling me names is not the way to go and will get you into trouble, Do you think i'm some kid on the street that never played PC Games. 

Sorry i normally do greet all (Sorry if this offended you) but this was for WG bug report only, (Yes WG only) if i had greeted others then you can have your say.

As this was for WG bug report and not for you to criticize hume posted it, as what i said is what i witness and you were not playing my games, so i can only report what i see and if torps are launched where no ship or plane is and they are not unsighted as torps were coming from direction no ship/plane was or had been and they were not friendlies, ( i had radar on) maybe if some enemy ships were behind me if so they had to be in the islands or were my team were to launch, then that is wrong, if the server can't handle 6-40+ players then that's wrong.   

Fare enough that the repair don't last long but it went off with no carrier sunk, i'd expected it to be there till a carrier was sunk and as this was not explained in the info, well i didn't see it i was right to mention it.

I'm not winning or complaining i'm reporting issues or were you thinking this was another thread forum where the winners go, now who's clueless this is the bug report forum for WG to know that we may or may not spot a bug or whats wrong. (Maybe i should have posted this on the scenario forum, and get told to post here) 

You said there was to much traffic for the server to handle at any one point the total number of players when i had played were up to 43 and at the scenario 6 Yes 6 every time i clicked to battle only 6 in waiting, now is that to much traffic, NO i don't think so this never happened at any other time. 

Also in every PTS when Wg do something new for us to try they mess up something else up that screw up the game this time around i had to reset key binding as my setting were missing some commands my torp key controls were blanc.

FYi i do not division up or am i in a clan and the way some of these play, shooting each other up at the start in most scenarios, Yes i know you get no friendly fire damage in scenarios that's another thing WG can do by putting that in, i'm clad no to be in a clan/division.  

SO LEAVE IT TO WG.  

You have to ignore Wilkatis on the forums, he loves to show his superiority whenever possible and s**t on other people ...

Players
328 posts

Hi Hugh_Ruka 

Thanks, Yep agree.

@ WG. I manage to get to an aerodrom on left side a while ago, fired 12x10 salvos all hit no damage, i also watched another player fire over ten salvos no damage, did not notice that till then.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,151 posts
2,248 battles
6 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Hi wilkatis_LV (Teacher)  

SO LEAVE IT TO WG.  

While @wilkatis_LV can indeed be taxing, please bear in mind that this thread is for bug reports, not general complaints.

Please stick to the template in my original post, or I will not be able to forward your bug reports in any case.

Players
328 posts
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

While @wilkatis_LV can indeed be taxing, please bear in mind that this thread is for bug reports, not general complaints.

Please stick to the template in my original post, or I will not be able to forward your bug reports in any case.

Hi MrConway.

I originally did make a bug report but a certain person hume insults posters didn't see that.

Thanks anyway, new template below.

Hi WG.

Bugs

1:  Deselecting scenario battle it sticks.

2:  Server on scenario battle not responding saying the server is overloaded.

3:  The detection/rendering of any enemy ship in range keep disappearing and reappear.

4: Cherry blossom scenario torpedoes being launch where there are no ships/planes are.

5: Carriers planes seem to do nothing to help.

6: Aerodrome do not take damage for some time. 

7: No Credit or silver/gold Xp after scenario battles win/lose.

8: No key torpedo control. 

Reproduction steps

1: Try to select another battle many times but unable.

2: Retry to join battle namy times.

3: Happens all the time.

4: Launched torps from nothing and what seem to be coming from or through islands.

5: Carrier fighters don't go after enemy planes.

6: Salvo after salvo of both AP/HE no damage.

7: Continuing and ongoing.

8: Key button binding selection get torps up but no deselect.

Results

1:  Selecting another ship or screen unlocks scenario button.

2:  Leaving scenario for a while and going back, battle commences. (This may be working ok now) 

3:  Annoying as enemy ships jump further away from last sighting. 

4:  Even though not close to battle torps come from areas that are behind team.

5: No fighter cover help from carriers 

6: After about 150+ hits on aerodromes they start to take damage.

7: No change still ongoing.

8: Reassigning keybinding for torps selection.

Hope this is better MrConway.     

•  

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,945 battles
20 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

The first part of the operation takes place at night and has modified spotting rules. It doesn't appear to explain this in the operation like the storm is explained in Operation Hermes, but a few things become apparent while playing it. First of all you'll notice your detection range is about half of what it normally is, around 6km for your cruiser, so it's safe to assume the enemy is operating under the same condition. Also the detection bloom after firing guns seems shorter than the normal 20 secs, didn't time it but was somewhere between 5 and 10 secs? Anything in the illumination circle of the jap flares is subject to normal detection rules. 

So with Jap DD's only detectable at 3-4km and their CA's at 6-7km, both with their detection range returning to this a much shorter time after firing, it would appear that multiple ships of the same class are blinking in out sight at different locations near each other. Each enemy ship displays its 'player' name as well as its ship class, you should check this to see if it is different ships that keep reappearing and not the same ship glitching to a new location.

When your facing  5 or 6 enemy DD's as well as multiple CA's all with 10km range torps (greater than the American radar range) operating under the enhanced concealment that the night time is giving them you are going to have to expect loads of torps appearing out of nowhere. Luckily most of your ships have, or can have,  Hydro so after a few goes at the operation you'll know when to pop it.

• Cool 1

Players
328 posts
30 minutes ago, ajb13 said:

The first part of the operation takes place at night and has modified spotting rules. It doesn't appear to explain this in the operation like the storm is explained in Operation Hermes, but a few things become apparent while playing it. First of all you'll notice your detection range is about half of what it normally is, around 6km for your cruiser, so it's safe to assume the enemy is operating under the same condition. Also the detection bloom after firing guns seems shorter than the normal 20 secs, didn't time it but was somewhere between 5 and 10 secs? Anything in the illumination circle of the jap flares is subject to normal detection rules. 

So with Jap DD's only detectable at 3-4km and their CA's at 6-7km, both with their detection range returning to this a much shorter time after firing, it would appear that multiple ships of the same class are blinking in out sight at different locations near each other. Each enemy ship displays its 'player' name as well as its ship class, you should check this to see if it is different ships that keep reappearing and not the same ship glitching to a new location.

When your facing  5 or 6 enemy DD's as well as multiple CA's all with 10km range torps (greater than the American radar range) operating under the enhanced concealment that the night time is giving them you are going to have to expect loads of torps appearing out of nowhere. Luckily most of your ships have, or can have,  Hydro so after a few goes at the operation you'll know when to pop it.

Hi Ajb13

Thanks for reply.

I do know it starts at knight and with ships quipt with radar and the enemy well in range they still disappear even at very close range as at the start the first few DD's no problem then the first CA shows at 17.km when i close in on it at 15.km then it goes unseen, a second CA show at over 17.km that stay in view but i've closed in on the nearest one and still not showing but the further is still seen, and when the next lot turn up they show/no show even when i close the gap to 4.km they still disappear even with radar on and i've change graphics setting (just in case you/someone else mention it) this has been a big issue since 7.2 update. 

I'm getting quite p'd off with it you see a ship in range travis your guns on it only for it to disappear following it's know movement it then show but there's a jump/glitch and ship is some few km way away from where it should be, and i'm not alone in this.

You better look again at the detection range of jap DD's as the ones checked at tier 6-10 are all over 6+.km detection fully loaded stats up.  

If you're right about 3-4.km then the stats in the tech trees on my PC are totally wrong and would explain why so many players can torpedo with impunity.

Anyway i have changed the bug report and since then some things have now been fixed and look like the are working except the detection/rendering.

After all this is the bug report forum and not a debate about what a player has issues with, players should either agree to having same or let WG sort it out.   

Sail Happy Sail safe.

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,945 battles
9 minutes ago, Jessa_Doom said:

You better look again at the detection range of jap DD's as the ones checked at tier 6-10 are all over 6+.km detection fully loaded stats up.  

If you're right about 3-4.km then the stats in the tech trees on my PC are totally wrong and would explain why so many players can torpedo with impunity.

They are 6km normally, but that is getting halved in this scenario during the night phase. Your own cruisers detection range is normally around 12km, but next time you play this operation check it at the start in the night phase. You'll notice it is only about 6km, so it's safe to assume the same thing is happening to the jap DD's. I've been detected in this scenario at the start and popped my radar to find 4 enemy DD's at around 5km from me.

Players
85 posts
6,872 battles

I'm assuming this is because Hagurumo and Kitakaze are in the PTS but hidden, here's a problem I found:

1. Description

Akizuki can't convert XP to free XP.

2. Reproduction steps

Get Akizuki. Research all modules. Try to convert extra XP to free XP.

3. Result

You can't convert any extra XP

4. Expected result

You should be able to convert the XP to free XP.

5. Technical details

Last time seen: 09/06/2018, 1:00 CEST

WorldOfWarships_2018-06-09_00-58-50.png

WorldOfWarships_2018-06-09_00-58-56.jpg

Players
328 posts
2 hours ago, EROMANGA_SENSEI_AOTY said:

I'm assuming this is because Hagurumo and Kitakaze are in the PTS but hidden, here's a problem I found:

1. Description

Akizuki can't convert XP to free XP.

2. Reproduction steps

Get Akizuki. Research all modules. Try to convert extra XP to free XP.

3. Result

You can't convert any extra XP

4. Expected result

You should be able to convert the XP to free XP.

5. Technical details

Last time seen: 09/06/2018, 1:00 CEST

WorldOfWarships_2018-06-09_00-58-50.png

WorldOfWarships_2018-06-09_00-58-56.jpg

Hi I had that and assumed that there was not enough Xp to change into free Xp till i'd accumulated enough Xp to exchange.

Are you sure you have enough if not accumulate more and see if that works.

Sorry can't help anymore than that.

[EL]
Players
65 posts

Guys have you tried to purchace the same ship from Arsenal?

I actualy (for test purposes) bought three times the Gearing, resources and transaction went ok but ofcourse I just got ONE gearing and three Gearing captains... :)

So this has to be addressed I think?

• Cool 2

[EARTH]
Players
8 posts
1,208 battles

just some UI bugs...

1. Description

arsenal: bought des moines, still available for purchase through it after but says 'not enough resources', not clear on whether purchase was sucessful until close screen to see notifaction.

2. Reproduction steps

purchase des moines, through converting coal/steel in (through automatic prompt that seems to work

although I still dont quite get what the resources are. other than it is a new resource gathered through battles which can be used to purchase stuff. probablty dont need to know more!

3. Result

inital confusion on whether the stuff had gone without the ship being purchased!

4. Expected result

shows 'bought' or similar on the button, or in a *visible* notifaction (the notifaction was there after closing the screen - could switch back to port or whatever as well?)

just please make it clearer the transaction worked *without* having to close the screen from which it was bought.

5. Technical details

Screen after buying

image.thumb.png.bb3ef447871b79b9f2da5dba87c06c86.png

also should note the previous message:

23 hours ago, HelldiverGr said:

Guys have you tried to purchace the same ship from Arsenal?

I actualy (for test purposes) bought three times the Gearing, resources and transaction went ok but ofcourse I just got ONE gearing and three Gearing captains... :)

So this has to be addressed I think?

[EARTH]
Players
8 posts
1,208 battles

1. Description

minimap: have to set route using right click instead of left

2. Reproduction steps

open minimap during battle with <kbd>m</kbd>

3. Result

can't set route using left click (as it says to do, and i think i have done in previous versions). right click works though!!

4. Expected result

use left click to set route

5. Technical details

m.thumb.PNG.aa1e120d589cc2fb8ac5548099a109f9.PNG

route was set using right click. says to use left click

should be noted both this and my previous message are from the server this evening.

Thanks btw the arsenal thing looks quite cool!

Players
277 posts
11,543 battles

Priority Target does not seem to be working reliably. I was trying out Clan Battles and it never registered anyone targeting me or the other cruiser on my team.  Our BB reported that it was working for him.

[EARTH]
Players
8 posts
1,208 battles
9 hours ago, 300ConfirmedKills said:

Priority Target does not seem to be working reliably. I was trying out Clan Battles and it never registered anyone targeting me or the other cruiser on my team.  Our BB reported that it was working for him.

works here as well on pretty much every ship i have tried it on... after remembering have to set up captains again first :)

[EARTH]
Players
8 posts
1,208 battles

Ooh found something else. Gun movement (i.e. input from mouse) got stuck in tier X yamato game (still did well though). Relaunched game and it worked. Happened to another player yesterday apparently (in another ship probably).

Are there any logs that would be of help? (happens right at the end of the first replay (with 8-9 minutes left on the clock, fixed in the second after relaunch)

20180611_124030_PJSB018-Yamato-1944_16_OC_bees_to_honey.wowsreplay

20180611_125621_PJSB018-Yamato-1944_16_OC_bees_to_honey.wowsreplay

yes I usually play DDs so was guessing :)

Only other aiming annoyance is sometimes if switch out of zoom and back the aim point has moved from where it was, but thats usually fine... (if it happens again i'll update with a replay)