Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
cobruh

potato patch

27 comments in this topic

[DBC]
Players
5 posts
2,082 battles

Wow, just wow. Ever since last patch Players have become complete potatos. I mean I consider myself to be pretty bad at wows, but WTF is going on?

I just played a game as Fubuki. havent done much greatness in it yet, bad captain, bad stats.

It's this Tier+2 matchmaking where everyone and their grandma has Radar, Cruisers spam the crap out of you and stuff insta-gibs you.

So I go up to the middle cap (B), cause that's where I spawned. I get radar'd instantly, so I fall back and spot while torping the place.

Sadly none of the torps hit, but I have good vision of the place. We lose cap ofc, cause I can't contest it.

After a few minutes of skirmishing around this Tirpitz starts to ping me, cap B and starts to flame me that I should spot.

I look in the upper right corner and see 53k spotting damage… thats like 8 times what I get on average, cause normally nobody shoots what I spot.

I tell him "dude… I cant contest cap cause radars and all I do IS spotting.

so the battle at cap B clears up and I look at the lower Right Corner - aka map. I see that nobody in my Team even tried to take any other caps, and neither did the enemy Team.

B is cleared out, and the path to C is clear. So i venture forth, to spot more enemies and take the caps for my Team.

after i took B and was halfway through capturing C this tirpitz Flames me again. something About a useless fubuki that cant spot.

I tell him that i have 53k spotting Damage and captured the only two flags we have ALONE.

and you know what he tells me? YOU SHOULDNT PLAY FOR SCORE, BUT FOR THE TEAM XDDDDDDD

i mean what can you even do more for the Team? as t6 in t8 match being radar'd out and hitting Nothing cause my torping skills suck?

so i head back to A cause the enemy approaches from the direction of A, and while im sailing into the enemy fire suddenly two more People start to flame me for not spotting, terrible Teamplay, bein useless and being a whiny [edited] because i defended myself.

OFC None of them had any Argument, but i still got Pretty fIN enraged by the sheer amount of stupid...

so what is your experience since patch?

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to: 2. No naming and Shaming

Beta Tester
1,339 posts
5,176 battles

As much as I share your frustration somehwat, this is naming and shaming and will sadly result in a edited topic.

On the other question, no I have not really noticed anything extraordinary stupid beyond the normal routine. BB's camp with the HP perk, cruisers show full broadside, DD's charge in without checking for radars and whatnot and CV's refuse to move. Buisness as usual.

[DBC]
Players
5 posts
2,082 battles

they can edit as much as they want, but i dont see why i should get shamed and they not.

dont care really atleast i put my steam out there

edit: ist not like anybody would log in now to put them to Blacklist or even remember them tomorrow. this is the Internet after all...

Beta Tester
1,821 posts
6,109 battles

Looks like a normal day in wows to me, today i got reported by a enemy fletcher because i sunk him, i ask him why, responce and i quote "because you dont deserve to win" :Smile_smile:

so yeah, buisness as usual. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
159 posts

Today I had the worse day I've ever had played 20 lost 17 won 3 no matter what I tryed my teams just whent full donkey rushed forward and died,this keeps up the game will die.

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles

Maybe it's because I am a PVE main, but I just don't see how this patch is any different than the last one.

The quality of play in that has definetly dipped since WG started using that mode as a punishment for the rules offenders, though..

• Bad 1

Players
3,585 posts
7,302 battles

Generally speaking the players that start going off on one in chat are usually absolute dross.

Players
2,233 posts
14,314 battles
2 hours ago, cobruh said:

...After a few minutes of skirmishing around this Tirpitz starts to ping me...

Sound like an opening line to a joke. 

[DBC]
Players
5 posts
2,082 battles
5 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Sound like an opening line to a joke. 

now that you said it ^^

[KR4KN]
[KR4KN]
Players
32 posts
6,258 battles

this happens and today is worst 90% defeats because players dont want learn to play they dont want to win ...

Its random or RNG  picking MM  idk...

Fail 2.png

• Cool 2

[3STG]
Players
323 posts
9,973 battles
1 minute ago, buttonF1 said:

this happens and today is worst 90% defeats because players dont want learn to play they dont want to win ...

I had that during the weekend and Monday. Yesterday it was bad but "ok" today. Waiting tomorrow...

Beta Tester
3,894 posts
13,784 battles
2 hours ago, cobruh said:

so what is your experience since patch?

Everything is hunky dory for me, nothing changed with the patch... potatoes everywhere, but as I don't read the chat until I got salty myself I ain't bothered by nothing...

So... maybe just stop reading the chat? Helps a lot, I think...

[DBC]
Players
5 posts
2,082 battles
2 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Everything is hunky dory for me, nothing changed with the patch... potatoes everywhere, but as I don't read the chat until I got salty myself I ain't bothered by nothing...

So... maybe just stop reading the chat? Helps a lot, I think...

yeah, youre probably Right... even though ist Pretty sad to deactivate Chat in a Team game really….

edit: also why does Windows 10 "correct" my text all the time -_-

[KR4KN]
[KR4KN]
Players
32 posts
6,258 battles
Waiting  for the weekend to have time to play and puts you to lose it all the time, Then you have a weekday where again make you lose then when you have to play ... 

OK lose 1-2 maybe in row but not 6-8 is like MM trying to screw my day , Lately there is unbalanced MM Games that favor one team to gain easy game ... 
  • Cool 1

Players
590 posts
4 hours ago, cobruh said:

InkedScreenshot 2018-06-06 18.35.54_LI.jpg

InkedScreenshot 2018-06-06 18.35.53_LI.jpg

You lost because your team had 0 Belfasts. Theirs had 1. Simple as that.

If their Belfast had been on your team you'd have won.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,760 posts
12,091 battles

It goes up and down. Today I finally had a good day, but best of all was using my Grozovoi in a CV match and finally using the ship to kill planes.

Other than that, half the losses were mostly defeats snatched from victory because of constant pushing even when in the lead ( cfr Flamu's Yamato commentary )?

[TIPC]
Players
237 posts
10,098 battles

Last 3-4 days was total misrable no mather what I played,had close to 0 fun,maybe have to dropp this game for a dit,duno,so many bot-lvl(and below),and they tend to be on Green side,cant bother...

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,381 posts
13,776 battles
6 hours ago, cobruh said:

Ever since last patch Players have become complete potatos.

Dude.

Have you not been playing for the past 2 years or sth?

[ALONE]
Players
1,337 posts
10,755 battles
5 hours ago, buttonF1 said:

Fail 2.png

If at least DD on this picture would have comparable skill, your cruisers could do something. But also I suspect, that those enemy "purples" were in divisions, and that makes things impossibru to balance for the current MM engine.

And, by "symmetric" MM I understand that both teams get:

* DD of similar properties (here is deepwater Pan-Asian + ninja IJN vs hydro gunboat and US gunboat, so zero symmetry)

* equal number of gimmicks (here 2 radars + 4 hydro vs 2 radars + 2-3 hydro, so not too bad)

* if CV present, similar AA strength

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

I m also getting 20-25% wr for the past 3 days.
I may not be the best captain but that is ridiculus.
no1 is capping, no1 is supporting.
Ppl lemming towards uncontested caps and stay there untill they die.
Things are way worse than the usual crap.
Every1 circles around the map behind islands doing NOTHING.
WG needs to bring their crap together.Fast.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,752 posts
10,653 battles
12 hours ago, cobruh said:

Ever since last patch the game launched Players have become complete potatos.

Here, fixed it for you.

• Cool 1

Players
944 posts
5,305 battles

It's been going on for a while now. I've suffered a 53% winrate over the last 200(!!!) games. The amount of loss streaks I've gotten has been staggering, truly an achievement.

Yeah, I need a hug.

The games that are won are either an incredible struggle and hard carry, or a rollover in which you don't have time to do much. Especially at higher tiers, which can be explained by the fact that power increases more than twofold. Put skilled players and potatoes in an arena with more powerful weapons and the potatoes are going to be destroyed that much sooner. Simple really. It's gotten to the point that I believe carrying solo is no longer viable at high tier.

[ONE2]
Players
2,387 posts
14,339 battles

Hhehehe, yeah @walter3kurtz... I get that a lot too... Had the most abyssmal Sunday last weekend with a 16% winrate all morning though I did on average some 68-70k damage per game (played tier 7-8 Cruisers at the time). Finally lost my patience and took a 4 hour break from the suffering and to calm down my nerves. Then had only complete roll-over wins the rest of the day in which I had scarcely any time to do anything before we had already won. Each game lasted about 8-10 mins at most. :Smile_facepalm: Then I just gave up and moved on to play Total War instead.:cap_viking:

In summation an unbelievably frustrating and nerve-wrecking day for me, but oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess. Will try again this weekend and see what happens. Gots my incense, holy water, lots of garlic and a collection of dubious talismans and voodoo dolls prepped for the occasion. Also considering to have my PC exorcised... :cap_like:

That said, I'm still kinda nervous abbouttiiit. :Smile_hiding:

Players
944 posts
5,305 battles
8 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess

Yeah and that's fine of course, but it literally dragged on for weeks for me. I've never had more than the occasional bad day or two in between "normal" days. It's been the exact opposite since about the launch of season 9 (5 weeks ago?). I didn't feel like going for rank 1 this season and played randoms instead. I blame this for what happened. All the capable players are grinding ranked so you end up with the gutter trash.

• Cool 1