__Black_Adder

Change of CAP Time

11 comments in this topic

Players
25 posts
2,073 battles

Do you think that they have ruined the game by changing the CAP time ?

For me I love to play the shps, but having the game over due to capping with 4/5 ships left on either side has simply ruined the game, in my view.

Players
25 posts
2,073 battles

Hmm, before they CAP time lasted a lot longer with nearly all ships dead, yet now it seems to CAP quicker I guess not the actual CAP point but the CAPPING system ? Am sure you have noticed that.

Players
25 posts
2,073 battles

Thanks for that, it must be me then, as I have seen games, will take note to be more sure that points get to 800 or so, then all of a sudden CAP won and game over with 4/5 ships left in the game. Thanks for that.

Beta Tester
1,341 posts
5,195 battles
8 minutes ago, __Black_Adder said:

Thanks for that, it must be me then, as I have seen games, will take note to be more sure that points get to 800 or so, then all of a sudden CAP won and game over with 4/5 ships left in the game. Thanks for that.

The enemy teams points also decrease when they loose ships, and your team gains points for it. So you can quite easily end a game with 800 points if the enemy drops below 0.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Players
425 posts
1,779 battles
19 hours ago, __Black_Adder said:

Thanks for that, it must be me then, as I have seen games, will take note to be more sure that points get to 800 or so, then all of a sudden CAP won and game over with 4/5 ships left in the game. Thanks for that

Standard battles, the 'base' cap takes longer but is an instant win... could this be it? Or the battle timer running out... 

Players
25 posts
2,073 battles
On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 2:15 PM, Rusty_9 said:

Standard battles, the 'base' cap takes longer but is an instant win... could this be it? Or the battle timer running out... 

Hi Rusty, Been playing for quite a while now, but noticed that in the past to get the CAP, you would have to wait until the CAPing was done upto 1,000. Now it seems that you can cap at 800 ish, and then and then some HP to the ships (Perhaps a HP of x2 5000) can end the game as that is now added to the total points. Anyhow, does not matter much, still a fun game.

Players
353 posts
1,485 battles
On 02/07/2018 at 3:11 PM, __Black_Adder said:

Been playing for quite a while now, but noticed that in the past to get the CAP, you would have to wait until the CAPing was done upto 1,000. Now it seems that you can cap at 800 ish, and then and then some HP to the ships (Perhaps a HP of x2 5000) can end the game as that is now added to the total points.

Apologies if I've misunderstood what you mean here, but the points don't directly reflect cap progress. You get points from two sources – sinking enemy ships and holding uncontested caps (including the base in standard battles). How many points you gain for sinking ships (and lose for having your ships sunk) and for holding caps are shown in the battle loading screen and in the screen you can view by using the tab button in battle. The point income for holding caps varies according to the map.

For a single ship to capture a cap takes 1 minute in domination battles or 3 minutes for a standard-battle base cap. It takes less time with more than one ship in the cap, but I'm not sure of the exact values. Cap progress is shown in a meter at the bottom of the screen while you are capping. As mentioned above, there have been no changes in the time it takes to capture objectives.

There are three ways to win a battle before the 20 mins run out without sinking all enemy ships:

- Your team accumulates 1000 points by sinking ships and holding uncontested caps

- The enemy team loses so many ships (and thus points) without gaining any points that they hit 0. (In my fairly limited experience I've only ever seen this in domination/epicentre battles, but I suppose it is technically possible in standard too if the enemy really put their minds to throwing...)

- In standard battles only: your team capture the enemy base cap.

The last two could explain your winning with only 800 points accumulated and enemy ships still afloat. Although in the third case the UI will add however many points you need to reach 1000 once your team capture the base.

Again, sorry if I misunderstood and have just explained stuff you knew already. If not, hope this helps! And finally: a compliment for your excellent choice of avatar :Smile_great:

Edited by 10ThousandThings
Typos
  • Cool 3

Players
353 posts
1,485 battles
On 10/07/2018 at 10:32 AM, __Black_Adder said:

Thanks for that 10, I kinda got the idea now. As they say, every Lidl helps.

No worries, and good luck out there :Smile_honoring: