Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ADRIAN_HF

Wich faction have the better BB?

37 comments in this topic

[LLKK]
Players
6 posts
1,955 battles

I have tier Nagato, New Mexico and Scharnhorst and I want to star other line of bb but I dont know what is better, ¿ English BB, french or germans?

Thanks to all the people who answer my question.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,840 posts
3,634 battles

I have a one right back at you: Better at what?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,770 battles

What he said. If I could remove a word from the dictionary it would be "better". How do you play? What kind of ship do you want? What do you like or dislike about the ones you have?

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,348 posts
7,857 battles

based on your stats I would say stick with Germans

[JRM]
Players
3,068 posts
18,351 battles

Sharnhorst is a premium u mean gneisenau i presume, if u like getting up close and personal ie brawling go for germans and/or french if u like sniping and mid/long range support role usa/japan or Uk

Players
4,006 posts
7,573 battles

Bismarck is the most played ship in game (by miles), you already have the Scharn so it looks fairly obvious.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
9 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Sharnhorst is a premium u mean gneisenau i presume, if u like getting up close and personal ie brawling go for germans and/or french if u like sniping and mid/long range support role usa/japan or Uk

If he wants to start a new line (i.e. beginning at tier 4) and Germans are one of the  possibility, I doubt he has the Scharnhorst. In fact, if you visit his prfile you can see that he has the Scharnhorst but not the Gneisenau.

On topic: Like the guys already said, it depends on what you want to have playstyle-wise, among others.

If you don't care about the playstyle, the KM BBs probably are a good pick because you already have the Scharnhorst as a captain trainer.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,840 posts
3,634 battles
6 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

If he wants to start a new line (i.e. beginning at tier 4) and Germans are one of the  possibility, I doubt he has the Scharnhorst. In fact, if you visit his prfile you can see that he has the Scharnhorst but not the Gneisenau.

On topic: Like the guys already said, it depends on what you want to have playstyle-wise, among others.

If you don't care about the playstyle, the KM BBs probably are a good pick because you already have the Scharnhorst as a captain trainer.

As much as people want to forget that they even exist, the BB's all actually start at tier 3 you know :Smile-_tongue:

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

As much as people want to forget that they even exist, the BB's all actually start at tier 3 you know :Smile-_tongue:

As much as people want to forget that she even exists, BB's actually start at tier 2 :Smile-_tongue:

I know what you mean. My bad. Even though I looked at his profile just seconds ago and saw him having the tier 3 Nassau and Kawachi etc. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
7,655 posts
9,378 battles

Again, better at what? Long range accuracy, you want IJN with Yamato as pinnacle of "anti bb" battleboat. Reliable workhorses with superb AA and armor layout forcing one to git gud or suffer, then USN BB from North Carolina onwards. If idiotproof is your virtue, then ze Germans. Frenchies on average focus smaller guns which may or may not be compensated with their numbers. Tea battleboats balance mediocre hulls and gunnery with lolHE shells and superb concealment.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,840 posts
3,634 battles
2 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

As much as people want to forget that she even exist, BB's actually start at tier 2 :Smile-_tongue:

I know what you mean. My bad. Even though I looked at his profile just seconds ago and saw him having the tier 3 Nassau and Kawachi etc. :Smile_hiding:

Last time I checked the only tier 2 BB in the game is the Mikasa, and the less said about her (apart from her (considerable) history value) the better tbh.

Actually, while we're at it, the second half of that applies to all the tier 3 BB's except the König Albert..

Beta Tester
4,162 posts
17,004 battles
3 hours ago, ADRIAN_HF said:

I have tier Nagato, New Mexico and Scharnhorst and I want to star(t) other line of bb..

Don't...

Just... don't...

There's enough bad BB players already - maybe learn to play and play some proper ships instead... like, cruisers?

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
616 posts
9,555 battles
Just now, robihr said:

russians have best BB... just they are not in the game yet...

Yes it is, you just can't buy it outright.

You can buy Musashi now, which is great.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,840 posts
3,634 battles
12 minutes ago, robihr said:

russians have best BB... just they are not in the game yet...

Actually two of them are, the Nikolai (considered OP) and the Gangut (pretty *edited* good as well)

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
10 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Actually two of them are, the Nikolai (considered OP) and the Gangut (pretty *edited* good as well)

i meant as a line... not as premium...

Players
2,830 posts
17,291 battles

basically USN and IJN 

have the most competetive BB's

France is also a strong one but the rest of the line is mostly meh

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
516 posts
13,004 battles

Public Test starts tomorrow so could try the high-tier ones out there. People do play differently on the PTS, but it would give you an idea of how the ships feel and whether they feel right for you and how things change as you go up the line. Good luck with your choices.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,437 posts
8,886 battles

Speaking as one of the worst BB players under the known sky, I find some of the German ones quite forgiving at this stage in my learning (so far, anyway); they tend to be most dangerous at mid-to-close ranges, and their armour (turtleback) similarly works better as you get closer. Some of them have phenomenal secondaries too, which means you can at least start some fires, even if you can't shoot straight with your main guns!

All that stuff that orientates you towards closer ranged play does also mean it's easier to resist the BB malady of heading for the borders and 'sniping' from there...

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles

Two best lines are probably US and French, if you look overall.

Germans, only Kurfurst as good. Others in the line are more or less, a joke IMO:

Japanese, good guns but bad AA and weaker belts.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,228 posts
15,789 battles

At tier X, it is interesting.

• The Montana (American) probably the one I favor the most. Her insane accuracy means that she can easily aim for weak spots with the spotter plane and she also has sufficient armor to negate most HE damage and avoid overmatching in her midplate.
  • The Yamato (Japanese) is incredibly accurate but is significantly more vulnerable to other battleships that all of her contemporaries. She shares the same insane accuracy and the ability to overmatch tier X cruisers and battleships alike. Her main weakness is her sluggishness in general. It takes very long for her to get anywhere and her turret makes her slow to react to threats despite her proficiency as an assault gun platform. 
  • The Kurfurst (German) is very strong against HE. Her erratic guns and her clumsiness makes her a hard pick however, even with her hydroacoustic search.
  • The Conqueror (British) is a little boring in my opinion, but has concealment on par with cruisers and the ability to deliver explosive damage with both HE and AP. I have seen people use her to insane effect, so a good pick as long as you know to watch your positioning and have good aim.
  • The Republique (French) is interesting. Her guns are incredible if they behave and irritating when they don't. She also can be deceptively tough but I often feel like it's less a matter of what I'm doing with the ship as the RNG that uses her black hole armor to absorb shells. Of the AP focused battleships, I find her the easiest to farm damage with thanks to her fast speed and excellent guns.

So well, pick your poison I guess. There's really no wrong choice here. You shouldn't spread yourself too thin though. The lines you have picked have good performers, so I would just suggest sticking with them. If you must pick a line, I would personally go with the French.

[LLKK]
Players
6 posts
1,955 battles

Thanks and excuse my english:cap_book:

I will start with the germans because british bb looks like potatoes until lvl7 and French bb.......are french......nothing more to say XD

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,840 posts
3,634 battles
1 minute ago, ADRIAN_HF said:

Thanks and excuse my english:cap_book:

I will start with the germans because british bb looks like potatoes until lvl7 and French bb.......are french......nothing more to say XD

Good solid choice, even if I might not entirely agree with the reasoning behind it.:Smile-_tongue:

Sign in to follow this