__Black_Adder

Firing accuracy

9 comments in this topic

Players
25 posts
2,061 battles

Has anyone noticed that last week or so that the aiming is a bit off ? Have been playing the same ship for months, if not years for some lower tiers and

you know, you get used to the quirks and get the aim pretty much okay, the last week or two have noticed this is well out. 

Maybe some NERF changes ?

Beta Tester
1,340 posts
5,195 battles

Most likely confirmation bias. Unless there has been a direct nerf you can find then it is probably just RNG screwing you over.

• Cool 1

Players
25 posts
2,061 battles

Hi Ollon, I really hope not seems some of my ships that I saved to get, and played are now worthless, so defeat the object to find and keep a good ship.

Beta Tester
1,340 posts
5,195 battles
10 minutes ago, __Black_Adder said:

Hi Ollon, I really hope not seems some of my ships that I saved to get, and played are now worthless, so defeat the object to find and keep a good ship.

I highly doubt it. There are certianly some things in the game that can seem very questionable, but suddenly having all of your ships suddenly starting to miss because reasons is most likely confirmation bias. Since if you look at your progress your average damage is going up so that poor hitratio you feel is not really showing stat wise.

Players
25 posts
2,061 battles

Example with my Courbet, accuracy pretty good, even when at 1/4 speed now am  lucky to get 10 hits, seems the shells now drop either side of enemy ship that as it used to do directly on in. If it goes like WOT, then will find another MMO Game. Bye matey.

EDIT:- Just played the AOBA and same shells at only 12k going either side of ship most of the time now.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,220 posts
6,782 battles

Speed doesn't change your accuracy, not as far as I know. BBs have never been accurate. And no, accuracy hasn't changed, it's just RNG screwing you over or you aiming wrong

Players
25 posts
2,061 battles

Hi Wilkatis, well if you are at speed then its obvious that the targeting will be a bit harder, but even last night when I played with a few ships that are pretty reliable when it comes to firing, shells dropping either side of the boat, to short or to high on a lot more often than before. RNG pah... dont get me started on that bad enough in WOT mate, love it how a DD can pen a massive battle ship, you give it a full volley and it still cruises by ha ha ha

Players
19 posts
1,569 battles
On 6/7/2018 at 12:14 PM, __Black_Adder said:

Hi Wilkatis, well if you are at speed then its obvious that the targeting will be a bit harder, but even last night when I played with a few ships that are pretty reliable when it comes to firing, shells dropping either side of the boat, to short or to high on a lot more often than before. RNG pah... dont get me started on that bad enough in WOT mate, love it how a DD can pen a massive battle ship, you give it a full volley and it still cruises by ha ha ha

Yes, RNG can and does [edited] you over once in a while or even a bit more often while sailing a BB. Just a few examples from last week from my games. I am in my Fuso, have a Pensacola at 3 km range, full broadside to me, in front of my 12 guns. First salvo, aimed at the waterline, with a bit lead for its movement, 1 or 2 overpens, that's it. Second salvo, more or less the same thing happens, shells go up into the superstructure, down below the water, into the crew sections, no normal pens, no citadels. I didn't get to fire a third salvo, as I was a bit busy sinking by that time (not from the Pensacola).

Then a game on Estuary, again with the Fuso, another US cruiser at 5km, similar results to what I had against the Pensacola, with the cruiser showing its flat broadside to me again.

Then there was a game on Two Brothers, Charles Martel at 20+ km, sailing broadside, I give lead, pull the trigger and look for another target, as it got unspotted again. Didn't expect to even hit it. *BAM* I get a citadel and a pen.

RNG on BB is sometimes very annoying, although I found it most annoying on the Gneisenau, only six guns and shots going all over the place is not fun.

• Cool 1

Players
25 posts
2,061 battles

Yes RNG does get annoying like that, also with the British Ships at the lower levels they only fire HP and not HE, such a shame that is.