Jump to content
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ouzo11

IJN DD split question

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

So i recently returned to the game.
Before the ijn dd split i had researched but not purchased the tier 9 ship of the line.
Now, i want to grind the alternative line but the t7 ship of the alt line is not researched and i have to grind it again through the badsuharu.
Is this something intended or should i contact support?
I hope for the later, cause grinding through badsuharu again, in the current meta, well, NOPE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,863 posts
5,006 battles

I think this is not a bug. As to Hatsuharu, it's not a terrible ship, just unexciting. Some claim Shiratsuyu is better, though I prefer Akatsuki. At least Shiratsuyu gets the torpedo reload booster for silly antics. Ultimatively, there is the Akizuki and that's why someone plays that alt-line normally. 

 

Hatsuharu isn't good, but it's not garbage either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
336 posts
4,778 battles

Among all the standard IJN DD`s the best are Yugumo, Shimakaze, Akizuki, and Shiratsuyu (POI boat <3).

If you survived Mutsuki, then you`ll live through all of them, just make sure to learn the new radar, and hydro ships, because there is quite a lot of them now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

I m gonna free xp through it then. No way i am playing hatsuharu again.
Mutsuki was great before the split and i really enjoyed it a lot!
Anyway, thanks a lot for the answers gentlemen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles
1 hour ago, Ouzo11 said:

I m gonna free xp through it then. No way i am playing hatsuharu again.
Mutsuki was great before the split and i really enjoyed it a lot!
Anyway, thanks a lot for the answers gentlemen!

 

New T6 Hatsu was fun when I played it, way more enjoyable than T6 Fubuki on the other line. I know you might be traumatised, but give it a try before you burn Free XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,863 posts
5,006 battles
2 hours ago, Infiriel said:

Among all the standard IJN DD`s the best are Yugumo, Shimakaze, Akizuki, and Shiratsuyu (POI boat <3).

If you survived Mutsuki, then you`ll live through all of them, just make sure to learn the new radar, and hydro ships, because there is quite a lot of them now.

Akatsuki is a decent ship. Concealment is mediocre, but the rest is solid. Minekaze is also not that bad.

8 minutes ago, VC381 said:

 

New T6 Hatsu was fun when I played it, way more enjoyable than T6 Fubuki on the other line. I know you might be traumatised, but give it a try before you burn Free XP.

I have the opposite impression. Hatsuharu has slightly better gun reload (on an IJN DD...) but nothing that justifies having only two launchers instead of three (on an IJN DD). Hatsuharu feels pretty lackluster compared to Fubuki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles
Just now, Riselotte said:

I have the opposite impression. Hatsuharu has slightly better gun reload (on an IJN DD...) but nothing that justifies having only two launchers instead of three (on an IJN DD). Hatsuharu feels pretty lackluster compared to Fubuki.

 

Hatsuharu is actually stealthy and agile though. Fubuki has more torps but is a very clumsy ship, not fun for me. Hatsuharu was far more usable, could get closer and get back out. Also ran a hybrid/gun spec that I carried over to Shiratsuyu, was fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,863 posts
5,006 battles

Fubuki is stealthy enough to torp most cruisers and BBs and still quite competitive wth others on the tier. And neither is great at fighting other DDs. That third launcher is not worth the 300 m or so concealment advantage, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles

It's not just that though, Hatsuharu has a tighter turning circle, is slightly faster and has much better torpedo launch angles. As I said, just felt more comfortable overall. The other issue is, Fubuki invites comparison to Shinonome which IMO is what Fubuki really should have been (I don't care as I have Shino and she's great), so I can't stand Fubu because of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
650 posts
2,313 battles
On 6/6/2018 at 6:03 PM, Ouzo11 said:

So i recently returned to the game.
Before the ijn dd split i had researched but not purchased the tier 9 ship of the line.
Now, i want to grind the alternative line but the t7 ship of the alt line is not researched and i have to grind it again through the badsuharu.
Is this something intended or should i contact support?
I hope for the later, cause grinding through badsuharu again, in the current meta, well, NOPE.

hmm ... afaik you should have the alternative line the same as you have the main line .... so if you had up to T9, you should have the alternative line researched fully ... I'd open a ticket in your place ...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×