Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
eliastion

Why we need a proper system for manual reports

13 comments in this topic

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,756 posts
10,656 battles

We all know that we have all new system to punish AFKers and the like. Nice. It certainly works well for people who ragequit or alt-tab and forget to get back etc.

But then there are these people.

genious.png.c54876428d3b5f136e296409df472214.png

For reference - the guy was our carrier (in Graf Zeppelin). And yes, he did indeed go AFK and was among the first dead people in our team (if not THE first) because the enemy CV tried to snipe (and, obviously, succeeded easily against an AFKer).

This kind of behavior should result in a week or month of complete ban for the first violation - instead the guy will probably get autmatically pink, MAYBE immediately orange (not sure how the system works exactly)... and in a couple battles he'll be back. And trying to report such a person via ticket requires you to pick options that don't really apply to the situation (it was better in the past but currently the system requires you to claim that you have been personally harassed - which is, obviously, not the case).

@MrConway, what can we do with people like these (without bending the rules big time) so that they wouldn't be treated the same as someone with bad internet connection resulting in occasional AFK? I'm pretty sure you'll agree with me that this kind of behavior isn't something that should be treated with leniency appropriate for something that might well be an unfortunate accident beyond player's control.

If someone is interested, for whatever reason (say, wants to make sure I didn't make the situation up because he's convinced that such behavior doesn't happen in our great community :Smile_teethhappy: ).

20180606_160918_PJSD108-Akizuki_47_Sleeping_Giant.wowsreplay

[-HUN-]
Players
728 posts
8,267 battles

I just had a game where a cruiser said f*ck us idiots at 5 minutes and sailed to map corner but didn't quit. Instead when I kindly ask enemy team to report his behaviour he reported me several times and I got a chatban. Greatest job WG, thx.

[WGP2W]
Players
1,415 posts
9,917 battles

Let me be clear, it is against rules.

BUT; How does one should feel to be only tier VIII among another tier X or so?
I would make it , so at least half team has to be t8... not 1,2,3,4 ships.

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles
9 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Let me be clear, it is against rules.

BUT; How does one should feel to be only tier VIII among another tier X or so?
I would make it , so at least half team has to be t8... not 1,2,3,4 ships.

It sucks, for sure. But that does not excuse him leaving his team hanging like that, nothing does, no matter where you are on the MM totem pole, nor how many games it has been in a row.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
844 posts
5,103 battles

I'd suggest removing the link to the replay as it will be taken as 'naming and shaming' - I know from having done the same in the no so recent past.

I do agree that such players should be shamed and banned but that's not how this forum (or many others) works.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,120 posts
2,232 battles
On 6/6/2018 at 4:45 PM, eliastion said:

We all know that we have all new system to punish AFKers and the like. Nice. It certainly works well for people who ragequit or alt-tab and forget to get back etc.

But then there are these people.

genious.png.c54876428d3b5f136e296409df472214.png

For reference - the guy was our carrier (in Graf Zeppelin). And yes, he did indeed go AFK and was among the first dead people in our team (if not THE first) because the enemy CV tried to snipe (and, obviously, succeeded easily against an AFKer).

This kind of behavior should result in a week or month of complete ban for the first violation - instead the guy will probably get autmatically pink, MAYBE immediately orange (not sure how the system works exactly)... and in a couple battles he'll be back. And trying to report such a person via ticket requires you to pick options that don't really apply to the situation (it was better in the past but currently the system requires you to claim that you have been personally harassed - which is, obviously, not the case).

@MrConway, what can we do with people like these (without bending the rules big time) so that they wouldn't be treated the same as someone with bad internet connection resulting in occasional AFK? I'm pretty sure you'll agree with me that this kind of behavior isn't something that should be treated with leniency appropriate for something that might well be an unfortunate accident beyond player's control.

If someone is interested, for whatever reason (say, wants to make sure I didn't make the situation up because he's convinced that such behavior doesn't happen in our great community :Smile_teethhappy: ).

20180606_160918_PJSD108-Akizuki_47_Sleeping_Giant.wowsreplay

This is exactly the thing our new anti-abuse system is designed to fight and I sincerely hope that he will have turned orange for this - most of the time these incidences are no isolated so the punishment is forthcoming quickly.

Handling these reports manually is currently just not feasible and desirable on our side.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,756 posts
10,656 battles
On 6/6/2018 at 5:17 PM, Boris_MNE said:

(...)

BUT; How does one should feel to be only tier VIII among another tier X or so?(...)

Incidentally, our team got f*cked in no small part thanks to the enemy CV guarding the caps with planes to spot any DD daring to approach.

Guess what tier the enemy CV was.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,756 posts
10,656 battles
17 minutes ago, MrConway said:

This is exactly the thing our new anti-abuse system is designed to fight and I sincerely hope that he will have turned orange for this - most of the time these incidences are no isolated so the punishment is forthcoming quickly.

Handling these reports manually is currently just not feasible and desirable on our side.

So...

Basically there is no punishment whatsoever as long as they don't do that very often. And if they don't do it in a super-obvious way (so, for example, if that guy just launched planes and set a couple waypoints to charge into the enemy team instead of going AFK) there's no punishment even if he did the thing every other game (because the automatic system can't recognize this and the reports are just a way to vent frustration and don't do anything unless they're about chat abuse).

...good to know that WG cares about the healthy game environment...

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles

Also, with all due respect @MrConway won't someone please think of those of us that actually LIKE playing pve and have to be saddled with these *edited*s now?

• Cool 2

[SWTP]
Players
377 posts
6,408 battles
30 minut temu, lafeel napisał:

Also, with all due respect @MrConway won't someone please think of those of us that actually LIKE playing pve and have to be saddled with these *edited*s now?

I thought about poor coop players too. Maybe introduce a new mode when orange plays only with bots on both teams?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,120 posts
2,232 battles
34 minutes ago, lafeel said:

I will bring this up, sure.

• Angry 1

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles
1 minute ago, MrConway said:

Regardless of what comes of it, this is appreciated.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,282 posts
9,504 battles
55 minutes ago, MrConway said:

When you do, I can give you something you can present other than "can we get manual reports, kinda?":

Make it a community driven initiative (that way there should be little in the way of costly manhours apart from setting the system up).

Players can manually report blatant misbehaviour after the game (AFKers, TKers). Along with a text window for a short description, a timestamp and a checkbox to mark the perpetrators. Optimally it should look something like this:

Manual_Report_Template.jpg

Saved reports will be anonymized, just replace player nicknames and clantags with randomized placeholders, the supposed baddies will have been marked by the player who sent the report, and distribute them among signed up volunteers. Reports without descriptions/marked should be automatically ignored, if only to lighten the workload because no one wants to watch through an entire replay to spot something fishy without having any clue what's supposed to be the issue (duh).

Now, volunteers who participate in the initiative can then judge if the reported misbehaviour occured on a scale of certainty. For example the described misbehaviour is being shown without doubt to be evident in the replay. Or the other end of the scale that no such behaviour was exhibited. They can also highlight the report in case of the culprit blatantly and knowingly violating the rules (for example an AFKer announces that he's going AFK, or a TKer threating allies before the deed or mocking them thereafter).

The judgement distribution is then tallied after an (automatic) deadline and if a sufficient majority of reports concluded that the reported misbehaviour was exhibited without a reasonable doubt, it will result in a sanction (specified by WG). If a sufficient number of reports highlighted the report for extreme misconduct, the sanction may be escalated (as specified by WG) or marked for the automated system for extra scrutiny and automated punishment with extreme prejudice.

Players whose judgements conform with the majority (i.e.: positives) get an internal priority raise, meaning their reports are weighted higher (under the assumption that they're proving themselves to be accurate judges). Priority rating is also dependant on how regularily volunteers review such reports.

Players whose judgements don't conform with the majority (i.e.: false positives) have their priority rating decreased. Players with very low priority (i.e.: being wrong often,) can ultimately get dumped from the initiative. Players with very high priority may be reward with a couple ingame goodies (signal flags, camouflages, small amounts of doubloons, swag like that).

Such a system might even be tied to the Karma rating, though I'd be hesitant due to the ease of inflating/deflating Karma numbers which could be exploited.

Tagged @MrConway, @Tuccy for extra attention.

Could obviously be helped by getting a more servicable replay system though ...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this