Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

From Reddit: Statistics on the EU server population

79 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,980 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

 

From Reddit: Statistics on the EU server population

 

 

C6oeCSB.png

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

 

 

P.S.

Author claims that all info is derived from WG API.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,997 posts

That long(er) term retention rate looks very shabby... Somewhat explains the ridiculous gifting of ships to dormant accounts... somewhat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,980 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

 

Also the "Winrate Histogram" looks somehow way too "perfect"... I wonder how large the sample was...

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
14,735 posts
10,882 battles
4 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

 

Also the "Winrate Histogram" looks somehow way too "perfect"... I wonder how large the sample was...

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

Binomial distribution looks like that.

With a higher cutoff and only counting solo games it might look different.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,980 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

 

1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Binomial distribution looks like that.

With a higher cutoff and only counting solo games it might look different.

 

I would say that the cutoff of at least 500-1000 games was needed instead of just 20 (and that would drastically reduce the number of eligible players)...

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,907 posts
5,023 battles
6 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

Why does the winrate start to go down with lots and lots of games played? Bots?

No, there are genuine people who play over several thousand battles and average around 40% WR. You see them on the boards at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,997 posts
11 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

Why does the winrate start to go down with lots and lots of games played? Bots?

Way smaller sample size, thus outliers that are either extremely good or extremely bad (bots) have a more prounounced impact.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,980 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

 

I just asked him (and there is just one @pyalot here on EU forum - so I suppose it is the same person) on Reddit and he confirmed that he used all 3.7 million users as a sample...

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WCWVE]
Players
773 posts
12,005 battles

There are some of us no matter what we try we do who do not seem to get much above 40% win rate despite having thousands of battles played and having watched all the videos and followed all the suggestions as well, the suggestions that some people offer actually decrease the win rate rather than improve the win rate 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,907 posts
5,023 battles
4 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Am I reading that right 90 day retention is down to around 10%?

Yes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles
4 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

That would seem less than optimal. :Smile_amazed:

The game is probably too niche and would benefit from more Japanese school girls.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles
18 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

the suggestions that some people offer actually decrease the win rate rather than improve the win rate 

law-order-embezzler-embezzling-embezzled

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,997 posts
56 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Am I reading that right 90 day retention is down to around 10%?

Exactemundo. Wonder if a part of that comes from the absolutely atrocious pre-november2017 missions & "specials" and the shafting of the EU players compared to the other regions. Probably will have an impact. 

 

And the atrocious "-1/+2" matchmaker of T5 & T6 ships, a point where the grind starts to take a bit longer so it's not "suck it up for a few matches and grow out of it".

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
5,139 posts
5,079 battles

Or if it comes from implementing shitty HE firing Battleships for brain dead monkeys...?

 

If so I am guilty as well

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,244 posts
14,317 battles
3 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

...And the atrocious "-1/+2" matchmaker of T5 & T6 ships, a point where the grind starts to take a bit longer so it's not "suck it up for a few matches and grow out of it".

I don't know if you are correct, but it is a thought that should be explored.

 

I know many say DDs are not truly effected by being bottom tier, but in my experience tier 6 dds can be completely out classed by their tier 8 brethren. A reasonably experienced player who performs above average can get by most of the time, but for a new player of lesser skill... I think it just leads to slaughter.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,997 posts
5 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Or if it comes from implementing shitty HE firing Battleships for brain dead monkeys...?

It always comes as a huge surprise for the enemy that carelessly sails broadside to my Nelson "because it's a British BB, he's bound to fire HE", that my main ammo type is AP on that ship. Hilarity ensues with triple citadel devstrikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
877 posts
5,131 battles
9 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Or if it comes from implementing shitty HE firing Battleships for brain dead monkeys...?

 

If so I am guilty as well

Not everyone shoots HE in a BB.

 

The other day I think in my Nagato I was fighting a similar tiered USN BB and we were the last two ships afloat and their team were ahead on points.   They were bow on to me and I was slightly angled firing AP into the superstructure and doing OK by it.   Some helpful wag on the team (in a New York) told me to fire HE and to not show my broadside (we were still approaching each other at about 6kms at that point and I was not doing that - I was not doing so).   I ignored them and continued to fire AP doing decent damage in the superstructure and it was only as we passed each other that the broadsides were exposed and I lowered my guns).   I did a turn after we passed and fired into the stern of the ship and destroyed it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles
2 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Not everyone shoots HE in a BB.

 

The other day I think in my Nagato I was fighting a similar tiered USN BB and we were the last two ships afloat and their team were ahead on points.   They were bow on to me and I was slightly angled firing AP into the superstructure and doing OK by it.   Some helpful wag on the team (in a New York) told me to fire HE and to not show my broadside (we were still approaching each other at about 6kms at that point and I was not doing that - I was not doing so).   I ignored them and continued to fire AP doing decent damage in the superstructure and it was only as we passed each other that the broadsides were exposed and I lowered my guns).   I did a turn after we passed and fired into the stern of the ship and destroyed it.

chocolate-chip-cookie-isolated-picture-i

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,435 posts
13,843 battles
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

The game is probably too niche and would benefit from more Japanese school girls.

 

Nah, next collab will be about ponies. That'll surely increase interest in the game.

Source:

Spoiler

 

(At 1:55)

:Smile_trollface:

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

Exactemundo. Wonder if a part of that comes from the absolutely atrocious pre-november2017 missions & "specials" and the shafting of the EU players compared to the other regions. Probably will have an impact. 

 

And the atrocious "-1/+2" matchmaker of T5 & T6 ships, a point where the grind starts to take a bit longer so it's not "suck it up for a few matches and grow out of it".

I would be VERY interested to see how many quit at tier 5/6 in the face if ..... "disheartening" . . .  matchmaking.

(Always supported +2/-2 but opposed the uneven frequency of being top/bottom tier)

 

I guess that tier 8 matchmaking is also "disheartening" (to use my word of the day) - but I don't think many players quit over it. I reckon they just drop down and play ships they like  at tiers below it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,076 posts
11,084 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Exactemundo. Wonder if a part of that comes from the absolutely atrocious pre-november2017 missions & "specials" and the shafting of the EU players compared to the other regions. Probably will have an impact. 

 

And the atrocious "-1/+2" matchmaker of T5 & T6 ships, a point where the grind starts to take a bit longer so it's not "suck it up for a few matches and grow out of it".

Sprinkle that with a streak of guaranteed losses because the MM gives the opposite team all the radar and unicums, while you have dumbos running Survivability Expert on BBs.

 

WG has no idea how to keep people playing, that's certain from those numbers. And they don't know how to fix the problems they created.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×