Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hannibalurg

Campaigns - Highly disruptive to the general gameplay?

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
861 posts

I don't know about the rest of you, but in order for me to complete many of the "quests" in the Campaigns i feel i am kinda throwing games in order to complete certain tasks. I feel like a douchebag, but then again it is a "quest" with a reward. Ofcourse i want to reap the fruits of what is dangeling from the cherry tree. 

I'v completed most, except from the last US Campaign, on 4th stage of the Japanese one and i can really say i do feel like i am throwing games just to complete the Campaign since the objectives are focused around getting certain achivements.

Many of these achivements are surely meant for me to "pick up along the way". But a few examples.

CV quests, i don't play CV. I did at launch so i stripped up the fighter deck and pretty much just ignored what happened in the game and focused on the objective of my "quest". To the great dispair of my teammates. 

Like Cruiser, get Dreadnaught. To the frustration of my teammates i either die trying to get 4 different people to shoot me, and when i assume i have taken enough dmg to get Dreadnaught i just run to the nearest safezone.

Then we have secoundary missions, get X amount of Hits or X amount of damage. Until recently i diden't have any ships with secoundary builds, so i kinda had to wing it with the Yamato. My team was not satified with my efforts to say the least. 

I feel bad for throwing games and playing so selfishly. But i get rewards for it. The games want me to earn these achivements. Yeah sure you can que up 3 missions and just play and wait for it to happen. But when i don't really play CV anymore, or rarely play CA (as many missions are CA required) i feel like i am "forced" to play something i don't like that much, but then again i do it because i want the rewards. 

As i have soon completed most quests to my stage, i feel like i don't throw many games pr mission, but sum it up i know i have thrown alot of games.

Do i feel bad? Sometimes, but then again all i tell myself is "This is what Wargaming wants me to do, so il do it". 

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,426 battles
11 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but in order for me to complete many of the "quests" in the Campaigns i feel i am kinda throwing games in order to complete certain tasks.

Can't say the same. Just playing the game and those quests get done sooner or later. Biggest impact they might have on my gameplay is "I should play a game in this class"

12 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

CV quests, i don't play CV.

Skip them? You don't need to do every single task

Beta Tester
861 posts
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Can't say the same. Just playing the game and those quests get done sooner or later. Biggest impact they might have on my gameplay is "I should play a game in this class"

Skip them? You don't need to do every single task

Certain mission chapters forced you to play CA/CV etc. So there is no skipping. And if you want to complete the chapter you need to complete the minimum amount of stars to progress. So it is kinda locked in what you need to to do in order to progress

[MIRAI]
Players
1,450 posts
12,282 battles
2 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

Certain mission chapters forced you to play CA/CV etc. So there is no skipping. And if you want to complete the chapter you need to complete the minimum amount of stars to progress. So it is kinda locked in what you need to to do in order to progress

You can repeat missions to get the necessary stars.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,426 battles
5 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

Just repeat missions you already done for extra stars. You can do the whole Yamamotos capmaign and whole Halseys campaign by doing only the XP & credits missions (+ the "final task", of course, which also is gathering XP)

Beta Tester
861 posts
2 minutes ago, FallenOrchid said:

You can repeat missions to get the necessary stars.

How do you enable this? Once completed it gets a Nike logo?

• Funny 2

[MIRAI]
Players
1,450 posts
12,282 battles
1 minute ago, Hannibalurg said:

How do you enable this? Once completed it gets a Nike logo?

You can select them again, just like you selected them the first time. The reward is issued only once but the star(s) can be earned until you have enough for the chapter.

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

hoooray for Wargaming interface design... it's not like we end up pointing out that you can repeat tasks at least once a week on average, and a lot more when a new campaign hits, in this forum section alone... really not the fault of the guys we point it out to either :fish_palm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HEATH]
Players
175 posts
15,737 battles

I realized i can repeat them on Yamamoto campaign, the  two before,  i  made them with out repeating :)

[POP]
Players
448 posts
9,640 battles
1 hour ago, Hannibalurg said:

to complete many of the "quests" in the Campaigns i feel i am kinda throwing games in order to complete certain tasks.

It's an age old thing. It isn't changing so we just have to live with it. Just be prepared to be thrown the game by someone who needs the tasks done.

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
516 posts
12,997 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

hoooray for Wargaming interface design... it's not like we end up pointing out that you can repeat tasks at least once a week on average, and a lot more when a new campaign hits, in this forum section alone... really not the fault of the guys we point it out to either :fish_palm:

Yeah. With no offence intended to you I think you're being a bit unfair. Wargaming did realise that people were making the mistake and a patch or two back they added text to the mission screens.

shot-18_06_06_14_57.55-0859.thumb.jpg.8fd01605dcfee3b3767fe843753ea3e9.jpg

So, yes. Hooray for Wargaming interface design.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,418 posts
8,858 battles

I suggest the solution may be to add more old folks, prone to senior moments, to the player base.

In my case, I can rarely remember which bits of the campaigns I have activated (except the 'be top three in xp, and win'), which makes it harder to deliberately chase whatever the missions are. On the other hand, my mere presence in a team does reduce the likelihood of winning, due to a distressing lack of git gud, which does counter that argument rather...

Being a bit more sensible, don't most of the component missions for the campaigns generally require one to contribute something useful to your team to get them (I *think* I have one active at the moment that calls for lots of capping, for example)?

[XFS]
[XFS]
Players
183 posts
14,621 battles

I have to agree a lot of the time persons are playing solo rather than as a team just to try to achieve these missions , it would be better if the missions were not advertised

I mean the missions should be there but only in a basic description the main points of missions are rewarded for damage modules – citadels – kills –experience- shots on target ECT

So let’s have the missions but blind as in just a basic description of the ship tier level you need to play for you to achieve the mission not the details like hit 5 citadels ECT  

1. Mission 1 CVs  L5 – 10

2. Mission 2 Battle Ships L5 – 10

3. Mission 3 Cruisers L5 – 10

4. Mission DD L5 to 10

5. Mission 6 American ships L5 – 10

6. ?

7. ?

8. ?

the mission would be there you know what ships and levels you need to achieve the mission but no information what you have to do to achieve until you have actually achieved it

I believe this would improve the gaming as everyone would have to try to get there missions by playing a better in game IE score damage spot ships kill ships win do well so you achieve good experience you would have to think about what you are doing rather than going for one goal of 100 hits or achieve 1000 damage or set fire 5 times.

Players
923 posts
14,683 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

Being a bit more sensible, don't most of the component missions for the campaigns generally require one to contribute something useful to your team to get them (I *think* I have one active at the moment that calls for lots of capping, for example)?

The main problem tends to be those that are too specific about targets/achievements and those that require survival, even worse when both conditions apply. Accumulating XP, damage, credits... not so much. Even if the requirement is ending as top scorer it isn't that bad, because it forces you to do you your best, be smarter (target selection, health and consumables' management, awareness) and become wiser.

I recently got one of the Yamamoto's BB tasks (7 cap defenses and survival in one battle) with the ship I least expected: Missouri. Due to reaching 10 defenses with Großer Kurfürst while not having the task active I thought at first it would have been piecemeal insisting with KM BBs, yet it wasn't. The same is going on with some of the CA/CL tasks, which I may postpone trying until reaching Roon and Hindenburg, because RN CLs are not sturdy enough in spite of the RoF.

5 minutes ago, SDGsteve said:

So let’s have the missions but blind as in just a basic description of the ship tier level you need to play for you to achieve the mission not the details like hit 5 citadels ECT 

Unfortunately that would be worse: swinging the queues too much towards certain ships as the missions are being completed. The same kind of complaint about the current semi-specific ship types' phases of Yamamoto and Halsey's campaigns. Not too noticeable after the campaign has been around for a while though, but at the first stages...

And yes, tasks can be repeated for collecting stars, the other reward being sent only for the first completion.

Salute.

[CATS]
Players
19,933 posts
12,412 battles

If you throw games because of missions, that is your personal problem.

Nobody forces you. You do not have a time limit. It is just your own impatience and greed to get stuff.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,589 posts
On 06/06/2018 at 4:16 PM, Verblonde said:

Well, a mission requiring captures could lead a player to cycle through all their DDs, rushing the nearest cap at the start and letting themself die if they don't get it. I don't know if it's even possible to make a foolproof mission. Like, you could add the requirement to win on top of this, to encourage people to do stuff that will make them win, but for half the players (<50% WR) they're unlikely enough to win that there's nothing stopping them from just rolling the dice more over a shorter period of time by throwing their lives away more regularly.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,790 posts
8,985 battles

For this campaign? Nah.

It's permanent, so no rush.

I do have a few examples of earlier temporary campaigns where I've had to resort to "special tactics" to varying degrees.

But it's no worse than what you get with most missions outside of the campaigns. So really nothing new.

You'll always have optimal approaches to doing missions, unless of course you want every mission to just be "Earn [number] XP" or "Earn [number] credits".

[TIPC]
Players
284 posts
12,605 battles

I just spam 1 star ones dosent care,picked up the best in xp/dunohwmany games in cruser T8+ one too,will got it eventualy,not in a rush...

Sign in to follow this