Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grandorf

Ripoff of the year

66 comments in this topic

[YEEET]
Players
237 posts

So they finally did a repeat of the Jack Dunkirk collection. 

Today is the 5th but no box to be earned. Im still missing 6 

items so I buy a 5X containers. 

Ingame each box contained 2 items, these expensive boxes 

contained only 1 item. 

What do you know, all 5 duplicates (even got 3 of the same).

Fine. I just redeem duplicates, great 1 item requires 5 duplicates.

WG has become so greedy and unfair its unbelievable. 

Instead they run the Bismarck collection for months. 

Can anyone except regular forum fanboys and bashers explain the 

reasoning behind all this?

• Boring 5

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,287 posts
6,159 battles
2 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

Today is the 5th but no box to be earned.

If you'd bothered to read when the missions appear you'd know they don't appear every single day.

3 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

What do you know, all 5 duplicates

RNG...what did you expect?

WG has become so greedy and unfair its unbelievable

Or you could...you know....not be so impatient and complete the collection normally?

4 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

Which is completely irrelevant to the newest collection that was introduced just a few days ago.

4 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

nope...no idea what it could possibly be

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[HAERT]
1,986 posts

Statistics. There is a  1/16 chance of an item being the one you need. Two items do not equate 2/16, three not 3/16, etc... you always have 1/16 to get an item you didn’t have, the next roll does not take into account your previous roll. The more complete your collection becomes, the bigger the chance becomes that you roll an item you already have. With an empty collection you have a 16/16 chance of a new item, with 5 items you have an 11/16 chance...  

Chance is the keyword here. You buy rolls, not guaranteed results. You just rolled unlucky. 

The duplicates: be glad there is a way you can redeem your duplicates. I know someone here on the forums has 39/40 items of the Yamamoto collection, and 99 duplicates, still not having rolled that 1 item he still needs. He could use some duplicates to complete his collection, but he wishes not to.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,100 posts

For all we know missions that are rewarded with Dunkirk containers will be run for many weeks/months like has happened with the Bismarck ones. I've not seen anything to indicate if it's going to be long term or not.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
739 posts
18,304 battles

OH NOOOOOOOOO, screwed by rng. Never happened to anyone before so you are now unique.

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
887 posts
8,163 battles
54 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

regular forum fanboys and bashers

Anyone called?

p.s. No1 gives a flying f**k how many boxes you miss, keep playing and you will get them 1 day behind  your precious schedule.

fanboy 2.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,800 posts
9,190 battles
1 hour ago, Grandorf said:

So they finally did a repeat of the Jack Dunkirk collection. 

items so I buy a 5X containers. 

Ingame each box contained 2 items, these expensive boxes 

contained only 1 item. 

What do you know, all 5 duplicates (even got 3 of the same).

Fine. I just redeem duplicates, great 1 item requires 5 duplicates.

Umm didn't you already wrote a month ago that you uninstall this game and put money elsewhere? :cap_hmm::Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,893 battles
5 hours ago, Grandorf said:

Its clear a daily mission to earn 1000 Free XP  to get a box as free XP is 5% of total XP you need 20K XP.  You have played 61 games in last 21 days so you probably just did not earn enough free XP to complete the mission on any given day. All your fault for not reading

Ingame each box contained 2 items, these expensive boxes, contained only 1 item. 

All you fault old chap.. It clearly states you only get one item in the shop.  All your fault for not reading

Read what you get and make an informed decision. I looked at the freedom containers and decided the price was to steep for the small chance of a Prem ship mission so guess what I did not buy the multiple packs. I bought 1 to kick of the missions as 5€ was all i was prepped to pay.

Entitlement is high with this one

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

For the record you're better off not redeeming duplicates until you can complete the collection by doing so. By redeeming duplicates whenever you can you lower the chance of getting an item you didn't have before, because there are now less you don't have, and so increase your reliance on duplicates which will take you much longer because of the 5:1 conversion.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,893 battles
1 minute ago, rvfharrier said:

For the record you're better off not redeeming duplicates until you can complete the collection by doing so. By redeeming duplicates whenever you can you lower the chance of getting an item you didn't have before, because there are now less you don't have, and so increase your reliance on duplicates which will take you much longer because of the 5:1 conversion.

Dont wast your time.. He douse not want to use Logic.

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,832 posts
4,988 battles

"WG is so damn greedy, not giving out what I want, instead giving away other stuff. It's unbelievable."

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,722 posts
7,346 battles

I am missing 1 duplicate for the North cape collection....

[YEEET]
Players
237 posts

Hello fanboys and bashers;

As you can see it was supposed to be for 5 days (only). Today is the 5th, no box.

If a container ingame gives 2 items, why does a bought container only give 1?

In other words, Im missing 6 (got 6 ingame, had 4) I have to spend 50-70 Euro 

to be sure to get Jack Dunkirk? Fair?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/june-missions-2018/

Scroll down

• Boring 1

[YEEET]
Players
237 posts
1 hour ago, Sigimundus said:

Umm didn't you already wrote a month ago that you uninstall this game and put money elsewhere? :cap_hmm::Smile_trollface:

Yes

Unfortunately Im addicted. Did some soul searching, downloaded MatchmakingMonitor 

and maan Im actually good at this game! 

You wouldnt believe how crap most of the players are. Winning is all about RNG and once 

you accept that playing is much better.

• Boring 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,100 posts

Yes

Unfortunately Im addicted. Did some soul searching, downloaded MatchmakingMonitor 

You wouldnt believe how crap most of the players are. Winning is all about RNG and once 

Ermmm...... OK, I suppose...

Thing is when you do the "I'm outa here for good" thing then reappear it all looks rather silly.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,402 posts
2 hours ago, Grandorf said:

Well, why did you buy a random drop loot crate? Did you know the odds of getting what you wanted? If not, WG have exploited your poor decision making at the time of purchase. Sure that's morally dubious, but welcome to the world of commerce and know that it shares many of the hallmarks of actual wartime hostilities. Be mindful to treat any profitable enterprise with the cynicism it deserves... the amount it deserves being everything you can throw at it.

[NWP]
Players
887 posts
8,163 battles
14 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

I have to spend 50-70 Euro 

You could have spent 11 euros up to yesterday to get his twin brother with the same skills.

But if you are brain damaged you can start a thread to whine about something anyway.

Fair?

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,420 battles

If you can get boxes in in game for free it's great since you already playing the game anyway - wasting money on collection boxes? Is so stupid. Might as well waste more money and buy another 100.

[POI--]
Players
3,832 posts
4,988 battles
32 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

Because WG is nice and gives 2 for free instead of just 1? Are we really complaining now about free stuff?

28 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

Best to find a way out, if addiction means you make terrible financial choies you regret (else you wouldn't post here).

27 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

No, you are not.

27 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

It's not just RNG.

[HAERT]
1,986 posts
29 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

At 49.5% WR and 37k average damage... You're average at best.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,893 battles

Hello fanboys and bashers;

As you can see it was supposed to be for 5 days (only). Today is the 5th, no box.

In other words, Im missing 6 (got 6 ingame, had 4) I have to spend 50-70 Euro 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/june-missions-2018/

Scroll down

If you get 1000 FREE XP in a day you WILL get a Dunkirk crate, If you have not it means you have NOT achieved this mission goal.  I have had 1 crate Every day as i reached to 1000free XP goal

Also instead of crying like some spoiled child..

say

Thank you wargaming for giving me a SECOND chance to complete this collection that i did not achieve the first time round. Thank you for bringing it back even though you gave NO indication the mission would ever repeat when the original campaign was up.

Fair well you should have played more last year when the mission was up and got it then. Fair you should play enough games and Well enough to get 1000 Free XP in 1 calendar day.

This is a small bonus mission to give those that did not manage the first time round to complete.

• Cool 2

[YEEET]
Players
237 posts
17 hours ago, tank276 said:

You could have spent 11 euros up to yesterday to get his twin brother with the same skills.

But if you are brain damaged you can start a thread to whine about something anyway.

Fair?

I got his twin brother. 

16 hours ago, T0byJug said:

If you get 1000 FREE XP in a day you WILL get a Dunkirk crate, If you have not it means you have NOT achieved this mission goal.  I have had 1 crate Every day as i reached to 1000free XP goal

say

Thank you wargaming for giving me a SECOND chance to complete this collection that i did not achieve the first time round. Thank you for bringing it back even though you gave NO indication the mission would ever repeat when the original campaign was up.

Fair well you should have played more last year when the mission was up and got it then. Fair you should play enough games and Well enough to get 1000 Free XP in 1 calendar day.

This is a small bonus mission to give those that did not manage the first time round to complete.

We went on a family holiday abroad, missed Belfast and Dunkirk at the time.

Missed Belfast again before I realized its gonna be WoWS Type59.

[YEEET]
Players
237 posts
16 hours ago, T0byJug said:

say

THIS is my definition of a fanboy.

17 hours ago, MrFingers said:

At 49.5% WR and 37k average damage... You're average at best.

As I said, get Matchmaking Monitor...

17 hours ago, Riselotte said:

Because WG is nice and gives 2 for free instead of just 1? Are we really complaining now about free stuff?

Thats the strange thing, you get 2 for free but 1 for money.

• Boring 1

[YEEET]
Players
237 posts
58 minutes ago, Geralt_z_Rivii365 said:

If you can get boxes in in game for free it's great since you already playing the game anyway - wasting money on collection boxes? Is so stupid. Might as well waste more money and buy another 100.

Because giveaway ended and Im still 6 items short.

Sign in to follow this