___V_E_N_O_M___

Whats the point in collections??

34 comments in this topic

Players
785 posts
3,644 battles

CDS_June_forum_americancruisers_EN.jpg

Probably the dumbest feature of WOWS is the collections, What is the point in them?

They don't help the game in anyway or offer any benefit to how you play, other than being pictures of inanimate objects......

Fill containers with items I can use damn it!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles

Whats the Point in discussing this you dont like it there os a buton to deactivate the colection.  Some like the ability to have diferent camo scemes. Some like the abilty to have 2 flags. Some like the ability to get a free 5k stupid Looking clevland camo. None of that is for you me or anything to deny just because we dont like this or that on a personal Level or find it useless.........

Players
785 posts
3,644 battles
8 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

Whats the Point in discussing this you dont like it there os a buton to deactivate the colection.  Some like the ability to have diferent camo scemes. Some like the abilty to have 2 flags. Some like the ability to get a free 5k stupid Looking clevland camo. None of that is for you me or anything to deny just because we dont like this or that on a personal Level or find it useless.........

I cant deactivate all of them, what purpose do they serve?

I would appreciate my containers not containing junk pics of cars or other toys, that serve no purpose ingame.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,248 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, HMS_Argosax sagte:

I would appreciate my containers not containing junk pics of cars or other toys, that serve no purpose ingame.

the "junk pics" are the MAIN reason for the existence of those containers, the other content is bonus. So without this "no purpose" stuff we wouldn't have those containers at all...

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,747 posts
10,882 battles
15 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Probably the dumbest feature of WOWS is the collections, What is the point in them?

They don't help the game in anyway or offer any benefit to how you play, other than being pictures of inanimate objects......

Apart from looking nice, creating atmosphere, inform about history and motivate some players to play more, they also have ingame effects. But to see that you have to take a look at them and not ignore them and create a thread that shows your lack of thought about the topic and how badly informed you are.

• Cool 3

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,141 posts
5,915 battles

What's the point to suck at this game and still playing it? @HMS_Argosax

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,669 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Argosax said:

What porpuse do you serve playing this game? Theres no benefit to me, nor to anyone who replied... What to do?

[CR-S]
Players
338 posts
18,356 battles

Personally, after looking at a green Aoba for 2,5 years i am happy that now i can switch its camo* to blue for a change. Now she looks like a baby-Atago :Smile_child:

(* a cosmetical aspect of the Yamamoto-collection)

@HMS_Argosax  enjoy the game and ignore the collections. You will get lots of goodies along the way plus 10.000 credits for every duplicate you have. The historical collections (Yama/Halsey) also contain historical information and the stories can make even "unexciting" ships like New Orleans look interesting, when you know about the service history and the real-life achievements of the ship you play.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles
3 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Complete collections and you do get useful stuff - unique permanent camos, unique special captains and so on :fish_palm:

Also that container thing - special containers are specifically meant for those collectables, everything else you get in them is a bonus. In normal containers those collectables don't replace anything, they come as a bonus. So your last whining "point" isn't even remotely valid

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles
5 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

I cant deactivate all of them, what purpose do they serve?

colec.thumb.jpg.4d4334561c1d0c4a08a99add18f0399c.jpg

Also duplicate you get is 10000 credits (hapens to me on bismark or dunkirk container). Thogh this not aply to permanets campains.what does the Junk Hurts you? even if you dont want to get 3k dublons free perma camo for Clev. Whats your point? Want to collections deactivated for all so you dont have to look at some acutal historical icons when you open a container? Or worse because you dont like it be gone for all?

[SM0KE]
Players
2,083 posts
5,843 battles

I don't understand the original question: the collections are *extra* free stuff; you're not losing anything to get the components - why whinge?

It also happens that at least some of it has interesting historical information included, and some of the bits you can win are quite worthwhile (Jack Dunkirk from the eponymous collection, cosmetic stuff e.g. extra flag, pretty camo, alternative colour schemes, and so on).

So, you're getting something useful/fun, and not paying, or losing, anything for it. Sounds like that's a Good Thing to me...

Players
1,169 posts
9,136 battles
Vor 13 Stunden, HMS_Argosax sagte:

Some of the collections have prizes that are actually very useful, for example:

- Sink the Bismarck, American Cruisers, HSF - Premium camo (which would otherwise run you thousands of doubloons)

- Dunkirk, Vive La France - unique ten-point commanders with special skills

Also, completing the sub-collections on some collections will yield a few power camos or other useful rewards.

Just look it up.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Collections

• Cool 3

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles
59 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I don't understand the original question: the collections are *extra* free stuff; you're not losing anything to get the components - why whinge?

It also happens that at least some of it has interesting historical information included, and some of the bits you can win are quite worthwhile (Jack Dunkirk from the eponymous collection, cosmetic stuff e.g. extra flag, pretty camo, alternative colour schemes, and so on).

So, you're getting something useful/fun, and not paying, or losing, anything for it. Sounds like that's a Good Thing to me...

Probably something equivalent to alle the anime colabs. He dont likes it and he dont want to be anyoed by it and dont want to put the efford to disable it by himself. So the easyer solution (for some that have the specal need to not have to endure things they dont like)  is to deactivate it for all and we have to enable it if we want it....... thats my guess.

BTW i nearly missed Azure lane Nelson comander because the activation was hidden inside the June post so i dont think thats a good thing.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,083 posts
5,843 battles
48 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

Probably something equivalent to alle the anime colabs. He dont likes it and he dont want to be anyoed by it and dont want to put the efford to disable it by himself. So the easyer solution (for some that have the specal need to not have to endure things they dont like)  is to deactivate it for all and we have to enable it if we want it....... thats my guess.

Isn't it about two clicks to switch off the anime stuff? I think I found the option by mistake whilst trying to switch something else on, ages ago...

That doesn't strike me as excessively arduous.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles
50 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Isn't it about two clicks to switch off the anime stuff? I think I found the option by mistake whilst trying to switch something else on, ages ago...

That doesn't strike me as excessively arduous.

Yes you can also deselect the american cruisers campain. But in case of teh Anime colabs WG did give in to presure and you have to activate it. On case of the Azure Lane Nelson comander that wasnt unter the buy Azure lane buy ones topic you needed to find it hidden in the June topic to activate it via the website to start the mission. Some peps are just fanatic over even having to see anything they dont like in the WoWS lancher basically makes you wonder how they can get thogh life. Its not that they forced to look at it they can deselct it but even that seems to much ......this case is a bit specal since usally its teh purists that make a fuss but you cant say that about colections for teh most part (others than the stupid looking clevland eagle camo wich in my opinon is as bad as teh roma beercan camo but just because i dont like them i dont want them to be gone since i can acept that some might like them)

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,747 posts
10,882 battles

23 points? Why not 80 point captains? Then you do not need to chose! That would be smartest idea ever, really worthy of you.

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,201 posts
11,706 battles

Thanks OP. I really thought I've seen it all. But you broadened my world POV seeming the first gamer (which I assume everybody is playing that role here and elsewhere) who doesn't like the challenge, for the main sake of a challenge... Really: the challenge alone is for me more than enough to accept it! I don't care about any ingame benefits! I couldn't care less if my shell chemtrails are red, white or whatever color. It's the challenge that thrills me. And as already mentioned: you can switch off the collection. But really: you're the first gamer I've ever met, coming from the C64 era where I actually used a tape drive to load in a game, who is having a problem with a mere challenge.....

[-T-O-]
2,141 posts
5,915 battles
13 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

I dont want this stuffs, just delete them all and give 23 points captain me

For your skill level at this game even 123 points captain wouldn't help ye

[BONI]
Players
1,064 posts
9,345 battles

I like them, a bit of fluff and historical background is not a bad thing for a historical wargame. The artists also do a good job.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles
19 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

burn all collections

Noone makes you do them, feel free to ignore all the free stuff you get there. Your choice

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
2,141 posts
5,915 battles
3 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

burn all collections

Burn Ban all players of same or similar skill level like yours.

Weekend Tester
349 posts
2,163 battles
1 hour ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Burn Ban all players of same or similar skill level like yours.

Nah...

He's the ideal cash cow customer, buying up loads of tier VII/VIII premiums and being sh*te at the game.

Players
1,352 posts
3,583 battles
4 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

burn all collections

not-even-bait-at-this-point-20002241.png

I was already suspicious, and this post confirmed it: you are a troll.

Not even a particularly clever or amusing troll, in fact your attempts at trolling are pretty sad, really.