ThinderChief

How did W.G get it so wrong?

14 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1,048 posts
20,181 battles

Shot descriptive of the problem:

My Network provider (Virgin) experienced some technical issues in my area which resulted in several disconnection from the main server, as i tried to get back in the game when i had connection i got disconnected again several times in a row.

Not my fault nor that of my (upgraded) PC, but what did i get from it, apart for loosing XP and credit???

what.jpg

Sorry guys, but if you think i'll leave games when i'm skinned and trying to get point in my Captains, you got it horribly wrong. Suggestions?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

13 answers to this question

Modder
3,894 posts
6,952 battles
21 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Suggestions?

How about take it like a man?! Behaving like an adult?! And not whining in the forum?!

How does that sound?

• Cool 2

Players
1,048 posts
20,181 battles
41 minutes ago, principat121 said:

How about take it like a man?! Behaving like an adult?! And not whining in the forum?!

How does that sound?

How about you go play orange and lemon with your pals flamers?

• Bad 2

Players
265 posts
6,979 battles

Youre not orange, youre pink. 

I agree that currently the pink mech is set very sensitive, but as said: best is to accept it.

6 battles is quite a lot though so thats for more than one battle isnt it?

PS thats a good thing of pink statis, it disappears much faster than it used to (12+ battles)

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles

Here's a simple check-list for you:

Were you AFK in tat battle? (irrelevant if intentionally or unintentionally)

• No
    • You wouldn't have got the punishment
  • Yes
    • And you got punished for it. Deal with it

Also 6 battles = not your 1st offense in a row, is it? 1st one is 2...3 battles

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles

How is WG supposed to be able to tell it was a ISP issue and not you just quitting the battle of your own choice sir?

[BONI]
Players
1,064 posts
9,345 battles

Nothing to be done about it, it's not your fault or WG's but rather your ISP's. You just have to suck it up when that happens, or switch to one that provides a more stable service if possible.

[8BIT]
Players
100 posts

I am also on Virginmedia, and suffered Pink because  recently VM HAVE been having DNS issues, out of nowhere BOOM you loose connection, only to finally rejoin, play then rinse and repeat.

The problem, is not predicable, but if it happens over a number of battles where you cannot rejoin would explian the OP's 6 btle punishment.

It is not a case of "Suck it up", WG should have something that detects Timeouts, as most gaming servers do.

To OP, may I suggest you contact support direct

• Cool 1

Players
1,048 posts
20,181 battles
8 hours ago, CptOddyB said:

I am also on Virginmedia, and suffered Pink because  recently VM HAVE been having DNS issues, out of nowhere BOOM you loose connection, only to finally rejoin, play then rinse and repeat.

The problem, is not predicable, but if it happens over a number of battles where you cannot rejoin would explian the OP's 6 btle punishment.

It is not a case of "Suck it up", WG should have something that detects Timeouts, as most gaming servers do.

To OP, may I suggest you contact support direct

Ah, im' not the only one. So there IS an issue with this, the actual penalty system CAN'T make the difference between people leaving a battle and game crash or disconnection.

I don't think support would be able to help with this particular event and yours but they might be able to point out that people, occasionally get thrown off the game for diverse reasons...

Right to suggest that detecting timeouts should be included when a penalty is involved, which is exactly what i was thinking off, and the reason for posting this topic, being to attract W.G attention, i will however contact support as well.

Thanks for pointing this out.

10 hours ago, MoveZig said:

Nothing to be done about it, it's not your fault or WG's but rather your ISP's. You just have to suck it up when that happens, or switch to one that provides a more stable service if possible.

I'm considering the option since i have to move soon, i will need a new connection, this one is reasonably fast though and there aren't much choices depending on areas.

[8BIT]
Players
100 posts

I have to say I have been with Virginmedia now for over 15 years. I am lucky to be on a Cable connection. In the past two years I have only experienced problem with them recently (DNS issues). Their support have said that they are working on the the issues. So I am happy with that. If i get D/c'ed and cannot get back then I don't go into battle until I am possitive that I will not loose connection.

As as far as the Detection of Disconnections...

One thing the game should detect is the leave battle button being pressed, Just the same way other servers can detect ALT + F4 key pressing for Combat Loggers.Then to only thing they need to do is add an exception to the 75% idle in battle.

I know it sounds simple, nothing is simple in coding. But, there must be a way to achieve such detections.

Maybe just Food for Thought!

[POI--]
Players
3,912 posts
5,023 battles

Or you could just not play with a completely shoddy connection. If this happens at an alarming frequency, then you are basically accepting the risk that you are abandoning your team, which should warrant the same risk to go pink for afking. Yes, this may suck for some people, but you aren't the only person to play this game and one has to think of the others too.

And if it happens once, well, ship happens. It isn't that bad.

Players
1,048 posts
20,181 battles
57 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Or you could just not play with a completely shoddy connection. If this happens at an alarming frequency

IT DOESN'T.

And we don't need people to reply to topic without actually reading the first comments and lecture us on how to...

[POI--]
Players
3,912 posts
5,023 battles
1 minute ago, ThinderChief said:

IT DOESN'T.

And we don't need people to reply to topic without actually reading the first comments and lecture us on how to...

1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

And if it happens once, well, ship happens. It isn't that bad.

Take it up to your network provider then. The penalty for afking a single battle is a joke and it's practically an insignificant fringe case if it happened once.

• Bad 1

[-KM-]
Players
376 posts
9,577 battles
20 hours ago, ThinderChief said:

Shot descriptive of the problem:

My Network provider (Virgin) experienced some technical issues in my area which resulted in several disconnection from the main server, as i tried to get back in the game when i had connection i got disconnected again several times in a row.

Not my fault nor that of my (upgraded) PC, but what did i get from it, apart for loosing XP and credit???

Sorry guys, but if you think i'll leave games when i'm skinned and trying to get point in my Captains, you got it horribly wrong. Suggestions?

It would be best, when you write your provider an official letter and telling them to give you your money back for all the consumables who have used plus compensation for personal suffering. The prices you can find in your inventory...