Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ryouzanpakku

How do you like T7 New Orleans?

10 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
20,534 posts
12,591 battles

Hard to say yet. She can turn out meh or good, but I can say for sure she is not a bad ship. 

Players
1,081 posts
8,111 battles

It's facing an unfortunate dilemma in that they're handing out a premium T7 cruiser for free ... with radar.

Hard to see why I wouldn't use the Indianapolis instead and pool the XP towards one of the T8-10 radar cruiser captains.

I like all of the new CA tree as such, but the New Orleans is the only one I sold.

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,783 posts
7,302 battles

Easy to play, incredibly easier since the MM is currently flooded with t5-7 cruisers and they tend to broadside. US heavy AP does wonders on such idiots.

But I find it overall a boring ship. I have better hope for the Baltimore with the 27mm plating, the same shells as DM and the Radar.

Buffalo seems to be the high point of the line until DM tho.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,770 battles
1 hour ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

T7 is generally sweetspot for me so I am interested in opinions on T7 New Orleans - is it gutship or badship? :)

What do you want from your ship? She's an all-purpose cruiser and has a very fun and active playstyle in my opinion, as long as you are comfortable being aggressive and working hard with your rudder, situational awareness, ammo and target choices. Quite easy at the moment because everything's a target for you. I really like her but I always did when she was T8, and Pensacola at T7 before that.

[L4GG]
Players
2,156 posts
7,819 battles

And I will edit myself when I said (in other topic) that I would free xp the N.O.

In fact I'm liking it, I'm so surprised how different it is from that thingy that's now at t6.

Quite nimble ship and the guns work as well (while turning).

It can shave off 4 k or 5k from bbs in each AP salvo. WWWWHAT?

The guns work in this ship, i'll keep it.

I'm so glad that T..hingy was just a bump in the road.

If it will deserve a premium camo? I don't know yet, Let's see...

it's in the preliminary evaluation.

Weekend Tester
844 posts
5,983 battles
8 hours ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

T7 is generally sweetspot for me so I am interested in opinions on T7 New Orleans - is it gutship or badship? :)

Sold it. I never liked it.

[JRM]
Players
3,419 posts
18,967 battles
22 hours ago, jss78 said:

It's facing an unfortunate dilemma in that they're handing out a premium T7 cruiser for free ... with radar.

Hard to see why I wouldn't use the Indianapolis instead and pool the XP towards one of the T8-10 radar cruiser captains.

I like all of the new CA tree as such, but the New Orleans is the only one I sold.

This - just i sold of all, only cl Tree interestes me, i have desmo no need to settle for a lesser ship i might rebuy some for historic reasons in distant future purely as port Queen’s

[BS4]
Players
1,134 posts
6,321 battles
14 hours ago, Admiral_Noif said:

Sold it. I never liked it.

Thats a shame...because IMO moving the NO to tier 7 has made this ship insanely strong ...first game in it las night  and if I even looked at a bb with its He it burst into flames and the Ap gave me 5 or 6 citedel. Dispersion was litrally non existant. Could have been lucky but I don't think so. Will have a few games in her tonight to ensure it wasn't just that game but so far as first impressions go ....christ she's awesome.  :cap_like:

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,855 posts

I like it better than the (buffed) Pensacola. Still squishy, but not Nürnberg-squishy.

Sign in to follow this