You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Psychonix

Intermittent Hanging on Match Splash Screen

4 comments in this topic

Question

[-WAP-]
Players
2 posts
184 battles

So I've been running into a reasonably frequent error where the game doesn't actually load you into the match once it's finished loading.
Most of the time, things are completely fine and it joins way before the match starts. However every dozen or so matches, sometimes much more frequently, the game just decides to not actually get past the splash screen.

The loading bar vanishes, and you get to watch everyone else on your team move about on the map, you can also hear things that are going on in the background.

Sometimes, if you wait long enough, it loads you into the match eventually, but more often than not it just sits on this screen until match end.

The game counts you as being in the match, but AFK. Previously this was just irritating, but now that the game gives you warnings for being AFK, this is actively frustrating.
This does not read like a hardware issue, this seems more like something in the code isn't triggering correctly and it's hanging on the splash screen.

5b13ff09c2ad1_WoWError.thumb.png.dec146fb75c12d2360f6c5bc20bd7554.png

3 answers to this question

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,440 posts
11,437 battles

Are you using any mods? I've had the same problem a while ago and one of the mods was the reason for it.

Other than that, update your graphic drivers and check the game integrity with the client.

German text, but you can find it here:

5b14018c95525_ClientReparatur.jpg.61a918a0c1526d7a39d88e6e7e456558.jpg

Last possibility: switch audio settings from Ultra to Normal as many players had problems with Ultra settings.

If all that doesn't help, contact customer service: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles

Tap ESC, that sometimes helps.

If no - Task Manager -> shut the game down -> load it back up and you'll reconnect to that same match. If you're quick enough you can get in before 3min have passed

Those AFK warnings with this... yeah, kinda dumb in these situations. Even if you load in exactly 3 min after the game started, you still have to survive (and play) till 12min or you'll be marked as an AFK

[-WAP-]
Players
2 posts
184 battles

Graphic drivers are up to date, it was one of the first things I made sure of in fact.

I'll try verifying the game integrity and adjusting audio settings, and see if that helps. Thanks for the swift response.