Sign in to follow this  
gamer927

Any good pensacola builds?

6 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
3,040 posts
12,319 battles

I like turret traverse speed and concealment, rest is pick and choose. No great builds for her imo. I think I like the new NO more in tier 7, but I wouldn't Free XP for it. It's pretty similar to Pensacola but better tier and a bit better survivability, so there won't be any great surprises.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,464 posts

I wouldn't FXP to NO, it's not intrinsically any different, just a bit more comfy.

Tier 1: Whatever floats your boat.

Tier 2: Expert Marksman + Adrenaline Rush

Tier 3: Demolition Expert. Not that you will spam HE, but there's not really anything else for an 8" gun cruiser to pick here and it certainly helps when you end up with nothing but angled BBs to shoot.

Tier 4: Concealment Expert

Total: 12 points

And that's it, really. If you stick with Pepsicola, anything extra is just flavour (eg. AA skills) or a little extra safety and comfort (last stand, vigilance, survivability expert).

If you're progressing down the line and don't pour spare points into AA stuff or Vigilance, you may want to add Jack of All Trades for radar cooldown. Radio Location will also synergise with radar. This will finally bring you to 18 points, so you can throw the 19th at another tier 1 skill if you get that far.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,198 battles
1 hour ago, StringWitch said:

Tier 1: Whatever floats your boat.

Tier 2: Expert Marksman + Adrenaline Rush

Tier 3: Demolition Expert. Not that you will spam HE, but there's not really anything else for an 8" gun cruiser to pick here and it certainly helps when you end up with nothing but angled BBs to shoot.

Tier 4: Concealment Expert

Total: 12 points

And that's it, really. If you stick with Pepsicola, anything extra is just flavour (eg. AA skills) or a little extra safety and comfort (last stand, vigilance, survivability expert).

This basically, except I consider Priority Target mandatory at Tier 1. Some people swear by Incoming Fire Alert, I don't use it but it's up to you. One of those (or both) really helps keep you safe since you rely heavily on dodging incoming fire to survive.

I would also consider Expert Loader at T1 (yes, that's a lot of T1 skills). The AP is very strong but you won't be using it all the time. Ability to switch quickly is pretty valuable and can be devastating in the right situations.

Other than that, depends if you want to move the captain higher or not. If you plan to take this captain to T9/T10, save points for Superintendent (great with the extra heal). Obviously useless at T6/7 so don't take it early. Then again DE isn't great so you may as well set up for later.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,464 posts
2 hours ago, VC381 said:

If you plan to take this captain to T9/T10, save points for Superintendent (great with the extra heal). Obviously useless at T6/7 so don't take it early. Then again DE isn't great so you may as well set up for later.

Oh yeah, I forgot about SI. I don't doubt it's worthwhile, but I'm not entirely sure by how much. Cruisers often eat citadels which they can barely repair (full disclosure: my only high tier cruiser experience is with Ibuki); in them and BBs below T7 I almost always die before being able to use all my repairs, or the match just doesn't last long enough for them to come into play. That said, with the coming of US CL IFHE spam it may now be very timely and relevant.

• Cool 1

Players
2,805 posts
12,756 battles
13 hours ago, StringWitch said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about SI. I don't doubt it's worthwhile, but I'm not entirely sure by how much. Cruisers often eat citadels which they can barely repair (full disclosure: my only high tier cruiser experience is with Ibuki); in them and BBs below T7 I almost always die before being able to use all my repairs, or the match just doesn't last long enough for them to come into play. That said, with the coming of US CL IFHE spam it may now be very timely and relevant.

This.

Superintendent is a great skill, but its value scales greatly with the ability of the human captain driving the ship. (Of course, this can be said of all skills, but Superintendent is one of those where this is particularly true - RPF is another).

Let's not forget that running premium consumables will give most players the equivalent of the Superintendent skill (with much better cooldown).

If you are one of the elite who play well enough to regularly get through your consumables while running Superintendent AND premium consumables then I sincerely salute you! :Smile_honoring:

Sign in to follow this