Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
manfredi95

Secondary Build ROON

12 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
114 battles

Hi!

I have a secondary build to the Roon (Secondary Battle Modification 2, the captain's kill Manual Fire Control, the captain' skill Advantage Firing Training, soxsix flag) but the dispersion of the secondary battery is still too high compared to other ships.

P.S. With all these upgrades, at 6/5km the hits scored by the secondary battery of the roon are too few. Sometimes it can't hit the target for a long time.

• Angry 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

Few hits may be a symptom of having few guns in the first place, don't ya thnk? You haven't said you have basic firing training or adrenaline rush — try adding those to your build. At half HP you'll have 20% shorter reload on secondaries (at least I assume AR affects secondaries), equal to what the upgrade offers, giving a 40% reduction in total. The greatest asset of secondaries is fire density, as the comically inaccurate Mikasa shows.

[POI--]
Players
3,907 posts
5,023 battles
5 hours ago, StringWitch said:

Few hits may be a symptom of having few guns in the first place, don't ya thnk? You haven't said you have basic firing training or adrenaline rush — try adding those to your build. At half HP you'll have 20% shorter reload on secondaries (at least I assume AR affects secondaries), equal to what the upgrade offers, giving a 40% reduction in total. The greatest asset of secondaries is fire density, as the comically inaccurate Mikasa shows.

AR does affect secondaries. It originally did not, but got changed a long time ago.

And please don't use secondary reload mod. Ever. Not even in a secondary build. Take main battery reload mod on T9-10 (or range mod, if you lack range) and get some meaningful benefit. If your secondaries do more damage than your main battery at T9-10, go learn how to play ships at lower tiers.

[FK]
Players
84 posts
4,403 battles

Only do Secondary Roon if you're meming. TBH you might wanna try secondary Umikaze.

[TS1]
Players
537 posts
7,592 battles
On 2018-06-12 at 7:01 PM, Bunnytob said:

Only do Secondary Roon if you're meming.

All secondary builds for fun only. There's no secondary build that's the best build for any ship. They can be a lot of fun though, and sometimes they're even decent, so if you're feeling for a manly game of WoWs, go for it.

[SPAM-]
Players
119 posts
9,443 battles
8 hours ago, Runegrem said:

All secondary builds for fun only. There's no secondary build that's the best build for any ship. They can be a lot of fun though, and sometimes they're even decent, so if you're feeling for a manly game of WoWs, go for it.

Aren't thoses kind of build mandatory for the German BB's ?

As brawling seems to be the core gameplay of them, a secondary build coupled with survivabiliy looks essential.

[TS1]
Players
537 posts
7,592 battles
59 minutes ago, d_Lynn said:

As brawling seems to be the core gameplay of them, a secondary build coupled with survivabiliy looks essential.

Nah. Secondaries aren't actually that effective compared to other things you could focus on. The secondaries of the German BBs, Bismarck in particular, did use to have a psychological impact on players, but that was before everyone and their pet monkey (who probably plays better than the owner) got one in that event thingie.

Your main damage will always come from your main guns, so improve those and survivability instead if you want to tryhard. Secondary builds are more fun though, and for a lot of players the main reason to play the Germans.

[4_0_4]
Players
4,344 posts
10,737 battles
10 hours ago, d_Lynn said:

Most players, who want to use german battleships "effectively", take a full on tank build for the germans.

I personaly use an IFHE sec build on the GK for the lulz, since it provides me another playstyle for my T10 BBs.

The secondary on the Bismarck are alot just for show, since they`re made of mostly 105mm with too low penetration to do any damage.

They used to have an insane firechance, but WG nerfed that a few patches ago.

[FK]
Players
84 posts
4,403 battles

Secondaries don't usually do much, but when an Edin strays within 8km of my Gneis it loses HP quickly.

I think it's a common misconception that secondary builds are to be used against BBs. Their main targets are DDs at closer range and CLs. No, really, secondary build DDs utterly wreck CLs if they can pen at range.

Players
4 posts
114 battles
Alle 14/6/2018 alle 22:52, Zemeritt ha scritto:

La maggior parte dei giocatori, che vogliono usare le navi da guerra tedesche "in modo efficace", fanno un pieno di build per i tedeschi.

Personalmente uso un build IFHE sec sul GK per il lulz, dal momento che mi fornisce un altro stile di gioco per i miei BB T10.

Il secondario sul Bismarck è molto solo per spettacolo, dal momento che sono fatti per lo più di 105mm con una penetrazione troppo bassa per fare danni.

Avevano una follia folle, ma WG ne ha nerfatto qualche patch fa.

Hi! which is the main feature of IFHE? It is useful?

[4_0_4]
Players
4,344 posts
10,737 battles
1 minute ago, manfredi95 said:

hi! what is the main feature of IFHE? it is useful?

---------------Rileva linguaAfrikaansAlbaneseAmaricoAraboArmenoAzerbaigianoBascoBengaleseBielorussoBirmanoBosniacoBulgaroCatalanoCebuanoCecoChirghisoCinese (semplificato)Cinese (tradizionale)CoreanoCorsoCroatoCurdoDaneseEbraicoEsperantoEstoneFilippinoFinlandeseFranceseFrisone occidentaleGaelico scozzeseGalizianoGalleseGeorgianoGiapponeseGiavaneseGrecoGujaratiHaitianoHausaHawaianoHindiHmongIgboIndonesianoIngleseIrlandeseIslandeseItalianoKannadaKazakoKhmerLaoLatinoLettoneLituanoLussemburgheseMacedoneMalayalamMaleseMalgascioMalteseMaoriMarathiMongoloNepaleseNorvegeseNyanjaOlandesePashtoPersianoPolaccoPortoghesePunjabiRumenoRussoSamoanoSerboShonaSindhiSingaleseSlovaccoSlovenoSomaloSotho del sudSpagnoloSundaneseSvedeseSwahiliTagicoTamilTedescoTeluguThaiTurcoUcrainoUnghereseUrduUzbecoVietnamitaXhosaYiddishYorubaZuluItaliano

---------------Rileva linguaAfrikaansAlbaneseAmaricoAraboArmenoAzerbaigianoBascoBengaleseBielorussoBirmanoBosniacoBulgaroCatalanoCebuanoCecoChirghisoCinese (semplificato)Cinese (tradizionale)CoreanoCorsoCroatoCurdoDaneseEbraicoEsperantoEstoneFilippinoFinlandeseFranceseFrisone occidentaleGaelico scozzeseGalizianoGalleseGeorgianoGiapponeseGiavaneseGrecoGujaratiHaitianoHausaHawaianoHindiHmongIgboIndonesianoIngleseIrlandeseIslandeseItalianoKannadaKazakoKhmerLaoLatinoLettoneLituanoLussemburgheseMacedoneMalayalamMaleseMalgascioMalteseMaoriMarathiMongoloNepaleseNorvegeseNyanjaOlandesePashtoPersianoPolaccoPortoghesePunjabiRumenoRussoSamoanoSerboShonaSindhiSingaleseSlovaccoSlovenoSomaloSotho del sudSpagnoloSundaneseSvedeseSwahiliTagicoTamilTedescoTeluguThaiTurcoUcrainoUnghereseUrduUzbecoVietnamitaXhosaYiddishYorubaZuluItaliano

First off, why is my quote in another language :Smile_amazed:

To answer your question:

IFHE increases the HE-penetration.

Most ships have a penetration of 1/6 of their caliber:

Example USS Cleveland:

152mm : 6 = 25,33333333 ~ 25mm which means the Cleveland can penetrate 24mm of armour. At 25mm it just shatters.

IFHE increases the penetration by 30%:

25mm x 1.3 = 32,9999999 ~ 33mm which means the Cleveland can now penetrate 32mm and shatters at 33mm of armour.

This allows the Cleveland to penetrate cruiser and battleship plating and makes it easier to damage the enemy.

It does NOT increase the HE-damage.

Sign in to follow this