Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Help, camouflage issues

12 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,534 posts
6,233 battles

first of all, sorry I know that this isn't the proper place for this, but I need urgent help.

I've been trying to make a camo for USS Helena, but I can't or I don't know how to differentiate on the given template every single part of the tower where the bridge it's suppose to be.

Where it's the bridge?

What are the different things in that tower .

thank you.

[KOKOS]
Players
14 posts
6,632 battles

Here is a section of my  "quality":Smile_hiding:camouflage design. Please note that some parts have been redrawn (as seen in the 'rough' outline on the bridge section). But you can have a look at where the colours and annotations are to distinguish what parts make up the superstructure :fish_glass:. Also if anyone has any corrections to the annotations, please feel free to do so. ENFrostburn.

Camo_Help.thumb.png.51195a120cf6209c302467d564b5230f.png

[L4GG]
Players
1,534 posts
6,233 battles
3 hours ago, ENFrostburn said:

Here is a section of my  "quality":Smile_hiding:camouflage design. Please note that some parts have been redrawn (as seen in the 'rough' outline on the bridge section). But you can have a look at where the colours and annotations are to distinguish what parts make up the superstructure :fish_glass:. Also if anyone has any corrections to the annotations, please feel free to do so. ENFrostburn.

Camo_Help.thumb.png.51195a120cf6209c302467d564b5230f.png

Thank you very much.

I thought that was there, but I didn't see any windows, perhaps below? but that doesn't make any sense.

the bridge in the CL-50 don't have windows?

Quite fun and boring job in the same time. (drawing a camo)

what is the thing in the middle of the front Oerlikons guns (in your picture)?

coning tower?

P.s. Pretty Murica looking ship, I like it. Thank  you so much

[KOKOS]
Players
14 posts
6,632 battles

If you are wondering where the conning tower is, then it is most likely to be here on this image (found of the World of Warships Wiki page).

This image should be much more clearer than the given template.:Smile_Default:

Camo_helper.png.de467c28e699b0ef32655c3851035a46.png

[L4GG]
Players
1,534 posts
6,233 battles

Sorry again, but I need some more help.

In the rules for this one, do we need to send pictures of our work in progress? Like it was in the Normandie one?

if so, to where and how we send it?

Do we have to write something about the design? If so, where? Like it was in the Normandie one?

In the rules, they say that any entries will be evaluated by quality, originality, and compatibility  with the game.

Can anyone can explain me compatibility wise what they mean by it.

the finished product must be (uploaded?) in what type of file? Can it be Jpeg?

Sorry about that, but it's my first one (contest) and I didn't find any of this in the rules

[AAA-]
Players
662 posts
5,032 battles

I think it is under the terms and conditions (the orange button) then under (enter now) and (next step) what kind of files it accepts. cant go furhter for you have to fill in the proper things. I think compatibility and eligible means this design of me won't pass if I would want to participate because it sticks out of the ordinari a bit too much (lots of cry on forums etc.). Foremost I think the camo is important uploaded in full not progress but that is only my guesses.

Hle3.png

Modder
101 posts
5,531 battles
10 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Sorry again, but I need some more help.

In the rules for this one, do we need to send pictures of our work in progress? Like it was in the Normandie one?

if so, to where and how we send it?

It doesn't say so in the rules, so I don't think that’s necessary.

Do we have to write something about the design? If so, where? Like it was in the Normandie one?

You can enter a title and a description text in the upload form. You don't have to, but I think it is a good idea to explain your design choices. Maybe you had some really clever reasons for choosing the design. The judges can only take them into account if they know about them.

In the rules, they say that any entries will be evaluated by quality, originality, and compatibility  with the game.

Can anyone can explain me compatibility wise what they mean by it.

My interpretation:

Technical compatibility - say your camouflage is a ghost ship that is supposed to be half transparent, but the game engine can't render that. That would mean your design is technically incompatible.

Conceptual compatibility - say your camouflage is to make the ship look like a giant piece of cheese and Wargaming thinks that this doesn’t fit into the game. That would mean that your design is conceptually incompatible.

the finished product must be (uploaded?) in what type of file? Can it be Jpeg?

Yes, Jpeg is fine.

Good Luck!

[WCWVE]
Players
772 posts
11,993 battles
7 hours ago, SteDorff said:

I think it is under the terms and conditions (the orange button) then under (enter now) and (next step) what kind of files it accepts. cant go furhter for you have to fill in the proper things. I think compatibility and eligible means this design of me won't pass if I would want to participate because it sticks out of the ordinari a bit too much (lots of cry on forums etc.). Foremost I think the camo is important uploaded in full not progress but that is only my guesses.

Hle3.png

A little bit pink here, is this just the base coat?

[WCWVE]
Players
772 posts
11,993 battles
5 minutes ago, Johmie said:

Perhaps they didn't have enough red-lead primer paint or enough white-lead primer paint for the undercoat and had to mix them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Petticoat

But a shame that the Helena is Tier VII and the new operation with starshells will be Tier VIII or that might have been a good camo scheme.

I see there some other film buffs out there 

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,534 posts
6,233 battles
11 hours ago, SteDorff said:

Hle3.png

Ups.

8 hours ago, TheKingOfUm said:

but the game engine can't render that. That would mean your design is technically incompatible.

And ups.

I hope that it can.

thank you guys .

Now I must go back to work. I hadn't finish it yet.

I'm spending all my time in this design I would wanted to do more than one but I can't, I only hope that my design don't go down by a technicality.

Sign in to follow this