Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Interesting observation: If you put HSF "K117" cammo on Yamato and then disable the HSF special cammo viewing in port (via cog on ship carousel) the HSF "K117" cammo for Yamato will automatically dismount!

11 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,976 posts
8,568 battles

Hi all,

Interesting observation: If you put HSF "K117" cammo on Yamato and then disable the HSF special cammo viewing in port (via cog on ship carousel) the HSF "K117" cammo for Yamato will automatically dismount!

Hmm... strange... was this intentional or it is a bug?

Leo "Apollo11"

[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,069 battles

Interesting observation: Descriptive titles are way better than "Why don't...." headers.

• Cool 2

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

You specifically ask the game that you don't want to see the HSF stuff, so it does exactly that. :)

The same happens when you try to hide for example the Halloween camos.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
368 posts
7,242 battles

Surely youd want the benefits of the camo but not necessarily want to see it if its ahistorical? So, demounting it seems a bit crap.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,976 posts
8,568 battles

Hi all,

3 minutes ago, Benser said:

Surely youd want the benefits of the camo but not necessarily want to see it if its ahistorical? So, demounting it seems a bit crap.

That was my sentiment exactly!

But I had my 2500 Doubloons set aside for Yamato "Type 20" Permanent cammo anyways so it it not big loss (I got 50% Doubloons OFF when I re-bought same of my "Premium" ships few weeks ago)...

Leo "Apollo11"

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,976 posts
8,568 battles

Hi all,

12 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

You specifically ask the game that you don't want to see the HSF stuff, so it does exactly that. :)

The same happens when you try to hide for example the Halloween camos.

You are correct - for special "Halloween" cammos (i.e. those that distort the ship appearance in shape and not just in color) the game behaves the same way...

BTW, for the "regular" "Halloween" cammos ((i.e. those that change the ship appearance color only) everything is OK even when the ship carousel cog setting is set to OFF for "Halloween"!

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
2,339 posts
6,642 battles
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

Interesting observation: Descriptive titles are way better than "Why don't...." headers.

This.

Interesting observation. That camo is for me a main reason to target Yamato above all other tier 10s.

Players
2,339 posts
6,642 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

That was my sentiment exactly!

But I had my 2500 Doubloons set aside for Yamato "Type 20" Permanent cammo anyways so it it not big loss (I got 50% Doubloons OFF when I re-bought same of my "Premium" ships few weeks ago)...

Leo "Apollo11"

I hope there will be another discount for perma camos at some point :Smile_coin:

The last perma camo discount was not for tier 10 ships iirc?

Players
382 posts
3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hmm... strange... was this intentional or it is a bug?

Same happens with Duke of York if you mount the arctic camouflage and then hide "North Cape" or with Hood or Bismarck if you mount the "bottom of the ocean" camouflage and then hide "Hunt the Bismarck" so it seems intentional as is consistent with those.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,180 posts
6,766 battles

You want the benefits of the camo? You need to have it mounted. You want it mounted? You need to see it. You want to see it? You must have it enabled

That's exactly how it works with every camo that you can hide