Cluid

starting to enjoy things now

12 comments in this topic

[AX2OM]
Players
34 posts
257 battles

Good morning guys, I hope this post finds you all well and good

I made a post last week as frankly, my positioning was pants, and my gameplay was pants, well I've had a bit of practice and I'm now starting to get an idea of the game (I'm still rubbish nothing has changed on that front)

I am enjoying the Japanese cruiser and destroyer scene, I like the speed they turn and move, the power of the torps, and in general, a good all-around ship to learn in, I wish I had never brought the Warspite as it is much too advanced for me at that tier and slow like you would not believe, so I am finally finding a level I am comfortable with , thanks for all the advice and help everyone gave me, that was really appriciated, and hope to see you all in game at some point

• Cool 4

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,807 battles

My wife is from Swindon, but let's keep that quiet, eh?....

Whatver you do shipmate, don't ever sell your Warspite. She is a great ship but as you've already learnt, experience is the key. You'll soon learn to love her, but you'll need to grind through all the other lower tiered battleships to fully appreciate her. In comparison to the T6 Queen Elizabeth, IMO, I think Warpite is so much better. She is one of my 'go to' ships if I'm having a bad run.

GL on the high seas.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,068 posts
5,838 battles

Glad things are improving; keep at it, and it'll almost certainly get even better with further experience gains.

+1 to the don't sell Warspite (or beat yourself up for buying her): you're only at 137 battles, at time of writing; once you get a bit more experience under your belt, you'll start to appreciate her - I don't particularly like BBs in general, but Warspite is rather more fun than many...

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles

For Pete's sakes do not sell the Warspite. Even if you never get good at playing her a ship with a history as proud as hers DESERVES to be in any wows players port.

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,193 posts
11,680 battles
On 6/3/2018 at 12:57 PM, Kevbar said:

Warspite. She is a great ship

Parallel on topic. What's the secret with Warspite? Seeing my stats and in my "field experience" I'm not doing that bad with British BB's. No, no stuff of legend but decently-ish. Except for Warspite and QE. I don't have any clue of what I'm doing wrong with them. Seems to me I'm shooting tennisballs, have the "Rainbow warrior" cammo on it and seem to be the ultimate CV magnet in the entire game. 

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
14 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Parallel on topic. What's the secret with Warspite? Seeing my stats and in my "field experience" I'm not doing that bad with British BB's. No, no stuff of legend but decently-ish. Except for Warspite and QE. I don't have any clue of what I'm doing wrong with them. Seems to me I'm shooting tennisballs, have the "Rainbow warrior" cammo on it and seem to be the ultimate CV magnet in the entire game. 

Not exactly rocket science: Shoot AP.  HE is too inconsistent regardless of whatever people claim otherwise.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts
14 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Abuse the nimble-ness and cruiser-repair, and the absolute laser-accurate guns (for BB-standards) paired with the regular AP-shells. It's a ship that exponentially gets better when you get better, as it utterly rewards good play (and punishes bad play equally as harsh). The key is to angle properly and unleash hell on everything that is as stupid to show you the faintest of broadside. Since you are nimble, you can stay angled, wait until the guns are reloaded, then quickly swing the ship a bit to get all 4 turrets to bear on the target, fire, and then angle back in before the enemy can return fire. 

If played well, the Warspite absolutely squashes enemy opposition with authority. And the secondaries are decent enough to annoy close-by destroyers. You do sacrifice AA though, but with a secondary build (BFT, AFT), you can remedy that for a bit, and beef your secondaries on top of that. Otherwise: don't sail alone, but in proximity of a cruiser.

To the OP: I agree with the rest, do never, ever, ever sell your Warspite. It's a very solid & capable ship, but it requires a bit more thought to play. Keep it in your port, practice a bit, and then start to take her out in Co-Op matches to see how she handles & behaves. Once you're comfortable with how the guns work (lead-times, angling,...) you can take her out in random battles. If you haven't already, using the "dynamic crosshairs" (option-menu) greatly helps with the aim.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
369 posts
7,263 battles

Sell Warspite if you want but your citizenship within the UK will consequently be revoked.

• Funny 3

[AX2OM]
Players
34 posts
257 battles

no guys I would never sell the Warspite, as bad as I am at playing that boat there is no way I would sell any ship I have purchased via the website or the game

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
914 posts

My start in the game was much like yours I ended up focusing on the IJN cruisers and DD's and bought the Warspite the day it came out! The thing to remember is never to chase a Fuso(been there done that!), now I'm no expert but with a Battleship and especially the Warspite because of its repair to be useful to your team you have to do one of two things deal damage and/or take damage the dealing damage goes without saying, but can me a little overstated causing 50 damage in part of the map thats needed is much more important than 50k where it isn't. However, every salvo you take from the other teams Battleships-Cruisers is one that your cruisers arem't  and having played DD's use what you have learned because the Warspite eats lots of damage when torpedoes land, but unlike alot of BB's its pretty forgiving being so nimble(if not the fastest ship in the world)  

Players
44 posts

One of the best thing in IJN Cruisers from T5 Furutaka C-deck almost all ships play like that. same guns (with Mogami starter 155's is small exception). They are fun to drive and do not change much strategies as some other cruisers tend to do, like German line. Welcome and enjoy!!

Sign in to follow this