Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Wallet_Warrior

Atlanta is totally OP and I love it

134 comments in this topic

Players
208 posts

From my name alone you can tell that I do like to pay for ships and tanks so as a proud Wallet Warrior I can confirm that the Atlanta is truly overpowered.

Now before we go on I want to make clear that on WoT I have a Pz. II J and I DON’T think it’s OP. I have an Object 252U and I DON’T think it’s OP. On here I have a Tirpitz and I DON’T think it’s OP.

But the Atlanta? Yes, this tub is an absolute rape-by-fire beast! 

I am am running a full fire-starter build and I am eating my way through enemy BBs that I now see as massive blocks of HP floating around for me to whimsically farm as I sunbathe behind a small island raining hellfire upon them like a untreated gonorrhea piss from the heavens.

Ive only played it for something like 10 games and before the usual Latvian rolls in to talk about my stats... unicum bro you mad? 

Amazing ship. Well worth the money as a fun tub and excellent stet pedder to boot.

63503672-9587-4F81-9DC9-030B86C19569.png

• Funny 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,413 posts
13,825 battles

Altanta is far from overpowered.

- says another unicum Atlanta player :Smile_trollface:

Seriously though, she has very pronounced weaknesses that keep her from being overpowered. A good player will ultimately learn to play around that but that doesn't mean they're not there. And sometimes RNGesus just says :etc_swear: you and gives you no choice in that matter. I've heard some nightmarish stories about playing Atlanta on Okinawa though thankfully I have yet to experience that for myself.

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,886 posts
5,016 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Altanta is far from overpowered.

- says another unicum Atlanta player :Smile_trollface:

Seriously though, she has very pronounced weaknesses that keep her from being overpowered. A good player will ultimately learn to play around that but that doesn't mean they're not there. And sometimes RNGesus just says :etc_swear: you and gives you no choice in that matter. I've heard some nightmarish stories about playing Atlanta on Okinawa though thankfully I have yet to experience that for myself.

It is awful. Was there, done that. You basically can sit at A cap for most of the game and get locked there, because steaming to other caps in the open is absolute suicide. In the end we lost, but I got to radar the cap a few times, got to wreck a few DDs, be sneaky poking around the island towards B to lob shells there and I successfully torp rushed an NC. But this map, you really do not want to end up there. For Atlanta, distilled frustration.

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Players
336 posts
4,811 battles

If you hate carriers, then why not.

I really don`t think it`s OP though, because if you get unlucky with map, then you are just a pensacola with radar, and worse guns.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,676 posts
10,879 battles

The majority of players does not get these results...

Should you ever play her on Okinawa or Islands of Ice, you will love her gun range.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,727 posts
7,383 battles
6 hours ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

a proud Wallet Warrior

Im afraid theres no gif I can use for this :)

• Cool 1

Players
3,573 posts
7,337 battles
1 hour ago, Infiriel said:

If you hate carriers, then why not.

I really don`t think it`s OP though, because if you get unlucky with map, then you are just a pensacola with radar, and worse guns.

Except AA isn't that special, only its focused on large caliber guns, so you can pew pew planes from afar

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,138 posts
5,909 battles

Atlanta is everything but not OP lol

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

stories about playing Atlanta on Okinawa

The manly atlanta map! ocean next!

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,075 posts
6,715 battles

I quite hate playing Two Brothers with Atlanta (there are like, 3 covers usable, and it's even worse in Standard mode as the team tends to camp), but on the other hand, Haven is the absolute best map to drive the enemy team crazy.

It's a bit dependent of the map, but it's an incredibly powerful ship in good hands and, most importantly, it's a ton of fun to play.

I wouldn't call it OP however. 

• Cool 2

Players
208 posts

I still find it really OP and as someone who plays mostly BBs I know the pain of getting three fires then extinguishing them only to be set on fire again as soon as the action time ends.

Now I’ve also felt the utter joy of doing it too ?

[PMI]
Players
2,360 posts
5,547 battles

Wow, after all of 9 games, and the ship is OP!!!

Ignorance truly is bliss...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,497 battles
7 hours ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

From my name alone you can tell that I do like to pay for ships and tanks so as a proud Wallet Warrior I can confirm that the Atlanta is truly overpowered.

Now before we go on I want to make clear that on WoT I have a Pz. II J and I DON’T think it’s OP. I have an Object 252U and I DON’T think it’s OP. On here I have a Tirpitz and I DON’T think it’s OP.

But the Atlanta? Yes, this tub is an absolute rape-by-fire beast! 

I am am running a full fire-starter build and I am eating my way through enemy BBs that I now see as massive blocks of HP floating around for me to whimsically farm as I sunbathe behind a small island raining hellfire upon them like a untreated gonorrhea piss from the heavens.

Ive only played it for something like 10 games and before the usual Latvian rolls in to talk about my stats... unicum bro you mad? 

Amazing ship. Well worth the money as a fun tub and excellent stet pedder to boot.

63503672-9587-4F81-9DC9-030B86C19569.png

Atlanta in fact is worst cruiser on t7. Can you have good game in it. Sure. My last game was 120 k dmg. Was it me? No it was idiots who gave me oportunity to lob them over Iceland on 12 km. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,676 posts
10,879 battles
26 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

I still find it really OP and as someone who plays mostly BBs I know the pain of getting three fires then extinguishing them only to be set on fire again as soon as the action time ends.

Now I’ve also felt the utter joy of doing it too ?

When sailing BB against Atlanta you should not be careless, but that is already everything you need to do to counter her.

Apart from the fact that 50% of the player have no idea how to play her and you can take her apart in open water.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

Not OP no.
It's too reliant on a series of events happening.

That being said....
14 barrels with 4.Xs reload, which lowers to a bit less than 4s if you get hit a bit and have AR, combined with IFHE. Absolute monster in the right circumstances.

It does things to T7 BBs and lower that should downright illegal.

If I don't have one comment like "Atlanta OP", "omg Atlanta Rambo machinegun" or a report, I consider that I've done a bad job.

Cherry on top of the cake: people who forget that she has torpedoes.

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles
8 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Not OP no.
It's too reliant on a series of events happening.

That being said....
14 barrels with 4.Xs reload, which lowers to a bit less than 4s if you get hit a bit and have AR, combined with IFHE. Absolute monster in the right circumstances.

It does things to T7 BBs and lower that should downright illegal.

If I don't have one comment like "Atlanta OP", "omg Atlanta Rambo machinegun" or a report, I consider that I've done a bad job.

Cherry on top of the cake: people who forget that she has torpedoes.

You could argue the OPness of Atlanta. It is reliant on circumstances. ...but if these circumstances are frequent enough, it will be very strong frequently and possibly OP if stats suggest so. I think it's borderline OP, same as YY and a few other ships. I wouldn't call for a nerf or so, but it's very strong most of the battles and I suspect an overall high WR.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles
3 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

You could argue the OPness of Atlanta. It is reliant on circumstances. ...but if these circumstances are frequent enough, it will be very strong frequently and possibly OP if stats suggest so. I think it's borderline OP, same as YY and a few other ships. I wouldn't call for a nerf or so, but it's very strong most of the battles and I suspect an overall high WR.

You certainly could argue it.

Unfortunately, a proper answer to if the Atlanta is OP or not, especially with the little amount of statistical and analysis tools with the lack of depth available to the players, is simply unattainable.

It's a fringe ship with peculiar characteristics and simply no peer to compare it to.
Our approaches, both positive or negative, are purely superficial or coincidental.

All I know is that it's the ship I'm most glad I bought. More than the Giulio I essentially got for free.

It's just that fun and potent.

• Cool 1

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles

I enjoy to kick a$$es of wallet warriors in games (whether this term even fits in WoWS game or not). There is no bigger pleasure for me.

Just keep showing your pretty faces to my BB's with AP loaded :cap_look:

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles
6 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

I do, full broadside and take full pleasure to the weeping when all you do is overpens :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

I enjoy to kick a$$es of wallet warriors in games (whether this term even fits in WoWS game or not). There is no bigger pleasure for me.

Famous last words.

• Funny 1

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
3 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I do, full broadside and take full pleasure to the weeping when all you do is overpens :cap_haloween:

Well, RNG is a [edited] but, it also require not to be a total noob to proper aim.

2 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Famous last words.

Last? I think not :cap_cool:

Players
208 posts

I remember when I got the Yamato I was like oh [edited]yes I’m going to rape everything and then in my first game I got SIX hits on a Minotaur and all over them over penetrated. Those guns are the kings of over penetration.

I especially hate how it’s useless against DDs where you get three hits and they all over penetrate and do crap all damage and now you got a huge reload time and a DD steaming full speed for you for an imminent anal rape by torpedo. 

Then again I do love those moments when the stars align, the virgins sing, the blind monks pray, the force is in balance and RNGJesus smiles on you and you get four citadels and delete a full HP cruiser from the game only a minute into the battle.

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this