awsomezerane33

Detection range? WTF?

12 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1 post

Why have you made the people commanding each vessel completely blind and so that they can only see trough the vessels radar?

Had a destroyer literally sneak up to 4-5 clicks(km) Out while firing torpedoes at me, i knew she was there, i would most definitely see her with my own eyes even though there were some small islands that she used for cover. I mean its the same in world of tanks and world of warplanes. You can be sitting right next to someone, you know they are there cause your not stupid and your not blind, THEY ARE EVEN FIRING AT YOU but no wargaming says you shall not see.

What are you thinking ? Were not [edited]bats.

Only reason i bloody play world of warships is because war thunder is taking its time actually coming out with their naval warfare.

The game is great otherwise so good job on that, but the way you spot an enemy unit in all 3 of your games is just stupid. They just appear out of thin air liker were god damn bats. We can see without radar you know ? Its like there is no crew on the damn ship.

If just look around at allies, a ship thats up to 14 km you can see without to much strain even if you remove all icons above it. 15 and up you have to strain but you can still see it, so how is it that i can't see an enemy even though its only 5 km away.

Anyways i just wanted to complain about it, i would like to see it changed but meh its your game, i havent noticed much listening to the players but whatever.

11 answers to this question

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,440 posts
11,437 battles

Great idea. Let's take the only thing that lets small destroyers survive the battle a little bit longer since they have literally no armor. /s

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,454 posts
13,851 battles

I mean, you could also ask why your ship doesn't take severe penalties to her combat capability by a couple of shell hits to her superstructure, why ships in this game are much more accurate than they really were or why fires aren't a lot more devastating but that'd touch upon something you actually enjoy about this game, wouldn't it?

Regardless the answer remains the same: Gameplay trumps realism. If this game were realistic it'd be far less enjoyable for a greater amount of people.

• Cool 1

Players
1,169 posts
9,151 battles
Am 3.6.2018 um 04:09, Commander_Cornflakes sagte:

Great idea. Let's take the only thing that lets small destroyers survive the battle a little bit longer since they have literally no armor. /s

They also have no citadel, so they can take at most a third of a shell's max damage.

So in a way, you could look at it almost as though they had three times their nominal hit points.

[CATS]
Players
14,759 posts
10,885 battles
9 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

They also have no citadel, so they can take at most a third of a shell's max damage.

So in a way, you could look at it almost as though they had three times their nominal hit points.

No. That way DD would easily win close range gun duels with cruisers, but they do not.

Players
1,169 posts
9,151 battles
Vor 12 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

No. That way DD would easily win close range gun duels with cruisers, but they do not.

Mainly because the DDs have far fewer guns, and they usually are also more or less smaller.

(There's also armor and penetration, of course.)

WoWs Kadenz.jpg

[CATS]
Players
14,759 posts
10,885 battles

Being smaller is good.

The DPM of most DD is quite high, still they lose most slugging matches significantly. You ignore the armor effect.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,687 posts
9,234 battles
2 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

That would be a good way to think about it, if, you know, each overpen dealing a 1/10th of BB AP alpha didn't remove 8-10% of a DD's total HP.

On 6/3/2018 at 2:56 AM, awsomezerane33 said:

Only reason i bloody play world of warships is because war thunder is taking its time actually coming out with their naval warfare.

Pss, War Thunder now uses the exact same detection mechanics with tanks appearing and disappearing in thin air.

They did that to combat the rampant cheating, not that it's helping, since said mechanics are extremely lenient.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,084 posts
6,718 battles

Warthunder is a prime example of a good game with incredible potential ruined by their developers. Stop thinking it can actually surpass WoWS in any way, because it won't.

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,440 posts
11,437 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, Nautical_Metaphor sagte:

That would be true only if all hits were citadel hits. Which they aren't. Most are pens and overpens that do same damage to everyone, + multisection hits that do even more damage and hit DDs far more often than other ships.