Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VC381

Still 5 BBs per side?!

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles

Thanks to the US cruiser re-shuffle, when I queue I see 150+ cruisers queuing and <10 BBs. I have to wait a few minutes to even get a game in a cruiser. So WHY and HOW are there still 5 BBs per side each game? Did they cap cruisers to 5 per side as well? When RN cruisers dropped there were 10 cruiser 1 BB 1 DD per side games. Why is that not happening now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles

no one's playing dds atm for some reason, that's the issue. the teams still need players to fill in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles
2 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

no one's playing dds atm for some reason, that's the issue. the teams still need players to fill in.

I wonder why DDs became so rare... Might it be the flood of T8 radar boats that have radar range approximately to their detection range?

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

I wonder why DDs became so rare... Might it be the flood of T8 radar boats that have radar range approximately to their detection range?

No, really? What on Earth made you think that?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

No, really? What on Earth made you think that?

Just had a hunch.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
Just now, Riselotte said:

Just had a hunch.

Unfortunately your hunch is almost certainly correct. Also doesn't help that a lot of these Cleveland drivers don't have a effing clue.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
545 posts
8,397 battles

It's a hard time for CV players with that many AA focused cruisers in the queue, so there probably are even less than usual. T6+ DDs that rely on concealment also aren't that fun to play right now with all that radar and hydro around, so smaller numbers here as well. BBs however even profit from this situation since they usually prey on cruisers and they don't have to worry about DDs and CVs that much right now.

 

+ Don't forget about the ongoing Indianapolis citadel mission. With that many targets floating around, taking out your BB to do the mission is quite effective.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles
12 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

no one's playing dds atm for some reason, that's the issue. the teams still need players to fill in.

 

Yes... so why aren't the missions filled with cruisers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
4 minutes ago, Belustigungspanda said:

It's a hard time for CV players with that many AA focused cruisers in the queue, so there probably are even less than usual. T6+ DDs that rely on concealment also aren't that fun to play right now with all that radar and hydro around, so smaller numbers here as well. BBs however even profit from this situation since they usually prey on cruisers and they don't have to worry about DDs and CVs that much right now.

 

+ Don't forget about the ongoing Indianapolis citadel mission. With that many targets floating around, taking out your BB to do the mission is quite effective.

You do realize you can also score citadels on most of the cruisers using a 203mm armed CA right?Ð

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,323 battles

Tin Foil hat thought:

The MM actually has a rule to have 4-5 BBs a side it seems.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
545 posts
8,397 battles
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

You do realize you can also score citadels on most of the cruisers using a 203mm armed CA right?Ð

I do, but with a BB, you currently get shorter queuing times. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
1 minute ago, Belustigungspanda said:

I do, but with a BB, you currently get shorter queuing times. :Smile_teethhappy:

No doubt, but it was still a point worth raising, no.:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
155 posts
3,467 battles

I need 5 BBs per side to increase my avg. damage on my new shiny De Grasse :cap_haloween:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles
21 minutes ago, VC381 said:

Yes... so why aren't the missions filled with cruisers?

:cap_hmm: That's true.. I kind of assumed a cap for cruisers, but I haven't heard of such... I've never seen high tier games filled with cruisers for some reason. Usually there aren't enough cruisers around, but now...? Would be nice to hear an official answer for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
771 posts
12,253 battles
4 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

I wonder why DDs became so rare... Might it be the flood of T8 radar boats that have radar range approximately to their detection range?

8 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Unfortunately your hunch is almost certainly correct. Also doesn't help that a lot of these Cleveland drivers don't have a effing clue.

Cleveland's radar reaches 9km for a detection range of 9.4km fully concealed, so it's slightly worse than a radar Edinburgh in that regard (400m window for trying to stealthtorp her in a DD instead of none). I agree that people are still figuring out how to play her at T8, and there's probably quite an influx of newbie players for whom the uptiered Cleveland is their first T8.

 

2 minutes ago, Belustigungspanda said:

It's a hard time for CV players with that many AA focused cruisers in the queue, so there probably are even less than usual. T6+ DDs that rely on concealment also aren't that fun to play right now with all that radar and hydro around, so smaller numbers here as well. BBs however even profit from this situation since they usually prey on cruisers and they don't have to worry about DDs and CVs that much right now.

 

+ Don't forget about the ongoing Indianapolis citadel mission. With that many targets floating around, taking out your BB to do the mission is quite effective.

Yes, it's a bit harder than usual as a CV, but not many people have specced for AA... yet. And yes, the Indianapolis mission is probably messing up, making people select either BBs or CAs in order to obtain those citadels.

 

As for now, I haven't seen a battle with more than 4 BBs per side today (first time playing after the update), but the number of DDs has certainly dwindled a bit: the usual was 2 to 3 per side, now only 1 or 2. I haven't seen a battle without them, though. Which basically means that you're assigned almost instantly (the same with CVs), while BB players have to stay in queue just a few seconds. So, if you wish not to wait for too long, carriers and destroyers (or a division with them) are the way to go.

 

Salute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,192 posts
9,509 battles
22 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Cleveland's radar reaches 9km for a detection range of 9.4km

 

9.1 actually.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,577 posts
7,340 battles

Don't forget ultimate balance leads to battleboat proliferation anyway.

new DD line is released -> DD numbers high -> players take cruisers to farm them -> BB players return to farm cruisers

new cruiser line is released -> cruiser number high -> BB players on the rise to farm easy damage

new BB line is released -> everyone play battleboats

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles
7 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Don't forget ultimate balance leads to battleboat proliferation anyway.

new DD line is released -> DD numbers high -> players take cruisers to farm them -> BB players return to farm cruisers

new cruiser line is released -> cruiser number high -> BB players on the rise to farm easy damage

new BB line is released -> everyone play battleboats

Clearly, we need RN CVs next.

 

Also, I wish Massachusetts was out. Sweet 127 mm IFHE spam. All those thin-skinned cruisers...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,770 posts
10,685 battles
4 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

:cap_hmm: That's true.. I kind of assumed a cap for cruisers, but I haven't heard of such... I've never seen high tier games filled with cruisers for some reason. Usually there aren't enough cruisers around, but now...? Would be nice to hear an official answer for this.

Well, we know for sure that both BBs and DDs are soft capped at 5 and CVs at 2 or 1 depending on the tier. It wouldn't be strange to assume that there's some glass ceiling for cruisers too. It's just that the standard cruiser population is low enough for this cap to be irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,752 posts
9,924 battles

OMG how can there be 10 v 10 CAs!!!!!!!!!!

shot-18_06.03_01_48.50-0705.thumb.jpg.979689c6dd0184844d86778eb1f9afd3.jpg

Spoiler

Smile_trollface.gif Not that i have a problem. Citadels galore.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles
14 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Well, we know for sure that both BBs and DDs are soft capped at 5 and CVs at 2 or 1 depending on the tier. It wouldn't be strange to assume that there's some glass ceiling for cruisers too. It's just that the standard cruiser population is low enough for this cap to be irrelevant.

 

Yup, this is what I would really like to know. I have had one nearly all-cruiser game, but as I said last time this happened (RN cruiser release, for some reason French didn't cause it) I had very frequent 8+ cruisers per side games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
336 posts
4,811 battles
4 godziny temu, loppantorkel napisał:

no one's playing dds atm for some reason, that's the issue. the teams still need players to fill in.

This "Some reason" might be 5+ radars on the enemy team every game.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T_D_G]
Players
380 posts
8,305 battles
5 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

no one's playing dds atm for some reason, that's the issue. the teams still need players to fill in.

The reason is easy to get by logic: too many radar cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×