RUTTSU

Co-op turns into random?

12 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
1,443 battles

I don't know if this is a bug, but I selected Co-op, started playing, and after I and all the other DDs in my team got sunk, I looked at the chat and there was a comment made by a player from the enemy team!?

I thought to myself, so bots also use the chat now with this new update?, But it wasn't a bot, looking at the names I realized they weren't bots, but real players, and if the enemies are real player that means this wasn't a co-op battle, it was a random battle!

Is there a mechanism of the game that changes the type of game from co-op to random battle for some reason?

[POPAS]
Players
3 posts
16,811 battles

Same issue to me.

I launch a cop. When finish, lanch again and start a new random battle.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

I reported this in 7.4.1 bug reports, next patch cycle (7.5.1 or 7.6) it might be fixed unless WG's infinite wisdom considers it to be 'working as intended'.

Players
5 posts
1,443 battles

Thank you all for replying.

Now I know it is a bug, if we just played a Co-op battle, when we hit the button to play again, we are expecting to play another Co-op not a random battle.

Players
14 posts
8,663 battles

It's not just coop, any battle type other than Random will do this. I've ended up playing random when intdending to play ranked several times, wasting flags which I would not have mounted otherwise.

Also the other annoying one is hitting 'Battle' when looking at a ship's stats in Profile|Summary will send you into battle with the ship you last had selected in port, not the one you are looking at in the stats.

Players
5 posts
1,443 battles
On 6/4/2018 at 2:38 PM, MrConway said:

I'll make sure to report this, thanks!

Thanks.

Players
1,169 posts
9,151 battles

You can end up in Random despite having chosen Co-Op if you first enter the Challenges menu.

You can select a Challenge, Combat Mission etc, and a BATTLE button is shown below it.

I've clicked that button once and landed in the Random battle queue even though I had Co-Op selected in the Port screen previously.

I think it was because the selected challenge requirements included it be completed in a Random battle.