You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
redir_killer

Musashi or Kronshtad???

58 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
4,518 battles

dear capitans i collected 750k free exp and i need 2 buy a premium t9 ship, so help me explain which ship is better for money making MUSASHI or KRONSHTAD???

p.s. i dont have money 2 buy t8 premium ship

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles

I don't have either of those, but if I were to choose one it would be the Musashi, simply because its overmatch produces consistent damage. A clan mate bought the Kronstadt. At first he really liked it, by now he hates her with a burning passion. According to him the guns are just not reliable enough. 

Another thing to consider is of course which lines you play, as both are excellent captain trainers. 

The Missouri still is the overall best t9 freemium. If I were you I'd refrain from buying one early, watch some reviews on both and have people who are better qualified than me to make a statement chime in. 750k free xp are a lot, so you really want to get as much information as possible.

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

I was in the same position, I had 760k free XP sitting around for the last month or so but I didn't buy the Musashi in case they released the Kronstadt. Easy choice for me but it wasn't based on credit income or anything other than which ship I wanted more. As far as I'm aware* neither get a credit bonus above that of the standard premium ship modifier, so the one that will make you more credits will be the one you perform better in. Pick the one that you feel best fits your play style and that you're more confident with.

* Could be wrong on that, willing to stand corrected.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles
20 minutes ago, redir_killer said:

dear capitans i collected 750k free exp and i need 2 buy a premium t9 ship, so help me explain which ship is better for money making MUSASHI or KRONSHTAD???

p.s. i dont have money 2 buy t8 premium ship

I have both and like both. Hard to recommend either as you are not a Russian CA player of a Japanese BB player.  If you are planning to start one of these lines pic the ship that goes with it.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles

If you are grinding the Yamato or already have it, I wouldnt bother with Mushashi. (I have the ship)

I would buy the Kronstand for the different experience. (dont have this ship yet, I will get it when I amass the free xp)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,715 battles
21 minutes ago, redir_killer said:

i need 2 buy a premium t9 ship

Is WG using Mafia methods now?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
6 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Is WG using Mafia methods now?

godfather brando 1.jpg

• Funny 4

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,012 battles

I don't have the Musashi, but the Kronshtat is an excellent credit earner. She produces between double to triple what my tier Xs do on an average-ish 100k game. The struggles in shorter matches, but I find that her lower repair prices and higher credit earning potential makes her an excellent ship in most respects even if her guns are more than a little annoying at times. Word of advice though: if you run into carriers or lower armored cruisers at close range showing a perfect broadside: just shoot HE. The AP just goes right through for superficial damage.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,132 posts
5,893 battles

Kronshtadt. Have Musashi, never played her since I have Yamato and she's basically a downgrade of Yamato with no AA so... yeah. 

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
777 posts
5,218 battles

When I will have 750k free xp at somepoint. I will gonna take Kronshtad over Musashi. Krons is more epic/unique than nerfed yamato version musashi.

• Cool 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

simple.. take them all...  :Smile_trollface:

but overall i like musashi.. cause i dont have premium camo on yamato and it gets better t10 mm (you actually sometimes play t9). it is one of my favorite ships cause it is totally not OP for t9. :Smile_glasses:

Players
2,743 posts
15,562 battles

musashi = downgraded premium yamato  (not worth it if you have a yamato)

kronstadt is difficult and not everyones taste but strong.

if youre confident  that you can play a ship thats quirky get it.

you need to get used to its wiered gun behavior though and

that you die to conentrated HE spam verry quickly (25mm deck all over the ship which is huge)

• Bad 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
853 posts
5,114 battles

I don't have the Yamato as I've only unlocked the Nagato but I did buy the Musashi.

It may lack AA but currently the number of CVs is quite low so that weakness is not exposed.   I love the guns and the ability to go through the bow of most ships.

Players
576 posts
4,698 battles

Kronshtadt doesn't have an in-game silver ship that is objectively better than it, so it is a no brainer imho to pick up the new kid on the block.

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,316 battles

I don't see the appeal of Yamato/Musashi tbh. If you're obsessed with having the biggest, punchiest guns then maybe it's for you but I don't feel like they have much character. Just a huge box with big guns and not really much else going for it in terms of flavor or utility. Not even as tough as you'd think, you have to watch your citadel way more than the Germans do.

Kron straddles the line between cruiser and BB nicely. I've looked at some missions for BBs, thought ''I can do that with Kron, oh wait, that counts as a cruiser, doesn't it?'' But it's one of those ships that really, really suffer at the hands of BB AP, much like Spee and for mostly the same reasons: BB HP pool =/= BB armor. I remember Notser saying if he played it, he'd want to stay as far away as humanly possible from BBs and it definitely applies. Its like taking a t7 BB into a t9-10 match. You get overmatched all over, angling won't save you either and you're way too big for overpens. When the BBs are out of the picture though, that's when you can go Missouri on cruisers and DDs.

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
114 posts
7,502 battles

I was in the same position and I went for Kronstadt as I already have an Yamato. The guns can be a bit trolish at times but the rate of fire, shell velocity and penetration make up for it -  in my first games I missed quite a lot because of too much lead. You can really punish people who broadside.The armor is nice - you are not shitting yourself every time you make a turn out of fear of getting deleted like in a Moskva although I few times I did get citadeled from the back by plunging fire. It does really seem to burn a lot. The radar-concealment gap is quite small so you can usually radar the DD spotting you although the guns aren't amazing against DDs. Getting very close to BBs is not a good idea because of the lack of torps unless they are stupid and give you broadside in which case you citadel them to hell. AA is bad - I'm still split between using the consumable  to at least panic the planes or to stay with the spotter plane for some extra range when needed.

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
9 hours ago, rvfharrier said:

the one that will make you more credits will be the one you perform better in.

Im not sure about this. We dont know how good or bad that cruiser make money (at least I dont know), but we do know Musashi makes a lot of money, nearly as Missouri unless WG nerfed Musa' income.

For thread author, he should consider what class fits best for him. if he is BB player mostly, then Musashi for sure.

Beta Tester
3,901 posts
13,814 battles

Right now there's about 720k FrExp on my account. So in a while I will get me the Musashi. Why, you ask? Because I don't even think about ever buying me that blue-printed harbor installation called "Krohnstadt"

Players
750 posts
2,987 battles

Got all the reward ships. Out of all of them the Missouri is hands down the one I like the most but Krohnstadt is slowly becoming a second favorite.

[SKRUB]
Players
151 posts
13,134 battles
2 hours ago, _ramrus_ said:

The one that does more damage is a better money maker

No.

Outside the bonus, Missouri make more money than Mushasi, because he have the posibility to hunt DD.

[CR-S]
Players
338 posts
18,329 battles

I have the feeling that Kronshtadt makes more money than Musashi (could be wrong). In my first battle i did 100k damage and got ca 600k credits for it; screenshots attached in spoiler. Only multiplikator for credit-income used is the Zulu-flag.

With Musashi i struggled to reach such income, even with higher damage numbers. Hope that helps in case you want a ship for farmingcredits.

Spoiler

shot-18_06.01_22_19.03-0855.thumb.jpg.4b29952df7ab56d0fef28da0259d9937.jpgshot-18_06.01_22_19.50-0433.thumb.jpg.3f91b892c3b34df3aea1b4ed4cee1117.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles
Just now, drmajga said:

I have the feeling that Kronshtadt makes more money than Musashi (could be wrong). In my first battle i did 100k damage and got ca 600k credits for it; screenshots attached in spoiler. Only multiplikator for credit-income used is the Zulu-flag.

With Musashi i struggled to reach such income, even with higher damage numbers. Hope that helps in case you want a ship for farmingcredits.

Reveal hidden contents

shot-18_06.01_22_19.03-0855.thumb.jpg.4b29952df7ab56d0fef28da0259d9937.jpgshot-18_06.01_22_19.50-0433.thumb.jpg.3f91b892c3b34df3aea1b4ed4cee1117.jpg

It's not just about the damage you do, it's also about who you do the damage to don't forget :Smile-_tongue:

[CR-S]
Players
338 posts
18,329 battles

@lafeel aaaahm, right. I do not have screenshots of the detailed report so i have no idea who i wrecked :cap_rambo:  I made just these two to brag about the income, my clanmates wanted to know whether it is worth it :cap_cool:

I´d say: it is. It also is fun, apart from some salvoes with erratic dispersion :fish_boom:

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles
Just now, drmajga said:

@lafeel aaaahm, right. I do not have screenshots of the detailed report so i have no idea who i wrecked :cap_rambo:  I made just these two to brag about the income, my clanmates wanted to know whether it is worth it :cap_cool:

I´d say: it is. It also is fun, apart from some salvoes with erratic dispersion :fish_boom:

Nothing, and I do mean nothing beats blowing straight through a BB's armor because you have 460mm guns and they just don't give a *edited* about angles. :Smile_teethhappy: