Sign in to follow this  
DB2212

10 out of 10 for fubar

36 comments in this topic

Players
643 posts
6,695 battles

So many radar ships now, DD's are EDIT before they even leave port.

Un-[edited]this game please

edited to remove distracting stuff :)

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
On 6/2/2018 at 4:10 AM, DB2212 said:

So many radar ships now, DD's are EDIT before they even leave port.(...)

Just wait. It's a new line of Radar-capable ships, with some people who stopped on Cleveland (t6) suddenly getting their hands on t8 Radar cruiser. Of course there's bound to be a Radar explosion at the start. It will pass.

[CATS]
Players
20,006 posts
12,420 battles

My 19 point Cleveland captain is now on the EDIT Pensacola. My Cleveland is now a EDIT.

Good EDIT session devs, please have many more in the hope that you kill the remaining brain cell.

Only if you do not know how to play DD.

And if you do not use the Elite Captains XP that WG offered you to reshuffle you captains, then they continue to sit on th wrong ships. Sounds like a personal problem.

And it is not unsurprising that some people have trouble adapting their Cleveland to the Tier VIII playstyle. Taking more time than two days and using the right captain should help...

Players
643 posts
6,695 battles
13 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

And if you do not use the Elite Captains XP that WG offered you to reshuffle you captains, then they continue to sit on th wrong ships. Sounds like a personal problem.

And it is not unsurprising that some people have trouble adapting their Cleveland to the Tier VIII playstyle. Taking more time than two days and using the right captain should help...

What a complete buffoon

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
20,006 posts
12,420 battles

No suprise, no arguments, just insults. They are so much easier, no need to think.

Players
643 posts
6,695 battles
On 02/06/2018 at 9:09 AM, ColonelPete said:

Sounds like a personal problem.

On 02/06/2018 at 10:34 PM, DB2212 said:

What a complete buffoon

On 02/06/2018 at 11:26 PM, ColonelPete said:

No suprise, no arguments, just insults. They are so much easier, no need to think.

buffoon
bəˈfuːn/
noun
noun: buffoon; plural noun: buffoons
  1. a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown.

You must be one of these snowflakes jumping on the "I'm insulted" wagon if you think that's insulting :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[BHW]
Players
997 posts
2,620 battles
On 6/2/2018 at 10:09 AM, ColonelPete said:

4 radar cruisers per side in T6/7/8 games ? And CV on top as well (T6/7 you sometimes still get double CV battles) ... Yeah piece of cake for any decent DD captain ...

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,517 posts
6,863 battles

*Recieves 190k elite commander XP and still complains about having the wrong captains on his ships*...oh boy, what world have we come to?

[CATS]
Players
20,006 posts
12,420 battles
15 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

4 radar cruisers per side in T6/7/8 games ? And CV on top as well (T6/7 you sometimes still get double CV battles) ... Yeah piece of cake for any decent DD captain ...

That is not new.

People had time to learn how to deal with that. And US Radar is rather short range.

[BHW]
Players
997 posts
2,620 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That is not new.

People had time to learn how to deal with that. And US Radar is rather short range.

does not matter what range the radar is when the cruiser in question has +100m detection on the radar range. you spot him and you are in his radar range, you're dead ... and with a farragut f.e. you cannot do anything to him ... cannot smoke an fire, cannot torp ... also it is the longest duration ... I can happily outlast a Donskoi radar in my TRB built Shira, however Cleveland is deadly most of the time as he can lob islands much better than Donskoi.

If there are 1-2 radars per side, that's ok, you learn to count the usage and watch the range .... however with 4+ radars per side, it's impossible ....

[CATS]
Players
20,006 posts
12,420 battles
46 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

does not matter what range the radar is when the cruiser in question has +100m detection on the radar range. you spot him and you are in his radar range, you're dead ... and with a farragut f.e. you cannot do anything to him ... cannot smoke an fire, cannot torp ... also it is the longest duration ... I can happily outlast a Donskoi radar in my TRB built Shira, however Cleveland is deadly most of the time as he can lob islands much better than Donskoi.

If there are 1-2 radars per side, that's ok, you learn to count the usage and watch the range .... however with 4+ radars per side, it's impossible ....

If you sink because of one radar, you are doing it wrong.

A Cleveland that exposed should be a sunk Cleveland or your team is doing it wrong.

A sure tactic to spot radar cruisers is to wait till the teams fire at each other. If the enemy radar cruisers do not fire to stay hidden, your team has the advantage.

[BHW]
Players
997 posts
2,620 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

If you sink because of one radar, you are doing it wrong.

A Cleveland that exposed should be a sunk Cleveland or your team is doing it wrong.

A sure tactic to spot radar cruisers is to wait till the teams fire at each other. If the enemy radar cruisers do not fire to stay hidden, your team has the advantage.

you seem to be playing a different game then ... that's a viable tactic in standard battles .... however a DD is more or less bound to caps in domination ... so it is not so hard for the radars to find them ... also radar works through islands last time I checked, so in most cases the radar cruiser does not need to be in open water ....

I do play Atlanta from time to time ...

[CATS]
Players
20,006 posts
12,420 battles
6 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

you seem to be playing a different game then ... that's a viable tactic in standard battles .... however a DD is more or less bound to caps in domination ... so it is not so hard for the radars to find them ... also radar works through islands last time I checked, so in most cases the radar cruiser does not need to be in open water ....

I do play Atlanta from time to time ...

• you can wait before you cap
  • if islands are involved the concealment of the radar ship does not matter
  • If the radar ship is behind island, there is a good chance it cannot fire on you or that you can position yourself that way, that way you have to be on the lookout for ships that could shoot at you; radar without shooters is harmless
  • if that does not work, make sure you can escape easily before sinking
  • a decent DD player can get radared and focussed twotimes without sinking if he takes these points into consideration

[BHW]
Players
997 posts
2,620 battles
11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • you can wait before you cap
  • if islands are involved the concealment of the radar ship does not matter
  • If the radar ship is behind island, there is a good chance it cannot fire on you or that you can position yourself that way, that way you have to be on the lookout for ships that could shoot at you; radar without shooters is harmless
  • if that does not work, make sure you can escape easily before sinking
  • a decent DD player can get radared and focussed twotimes without sinking if he takes these points into consideration

You seem to be always constructing a scenario that only favors your own argument.

Previously you stated: " A Cleveland that exposed should be a sunk Cleveland or your team is doing it wrong. " However there are teams on both sides. He provides vision for his team, they provide the firepower. There's nothing my team can do for me in that case. He can be behind an island, there can be 2 radar cruisers on the same cap (which is not so rare lately) etc. Basically the DD is always at a disadvantage. If I don't go cap, I am useless to the team. yes I can wait to cap but that can be too late sometimes ... Factor in the usual torpedo range at those tiers (10km at most) and I have to operate in radar range most of the time to be of any use ....

If he fires as well and is visible, yes my teammates can kill him, however that is usually too late for me. Do remember I have an enemy DD to deal with as well in most cases. A single Cleveland one on one is not dangerous, but that you already stated.

I have observed a lot of Cleveland players since the patch to learn how they behave and it's the same as me in the Atlanta, just more deadly due to longer range and heavier broadside (and better survivability).

[CATS]
Players
20,006 posts
12,420 battles

I am not constructing, I am analyzing the situations.

Depending on situation, there are different counters or reactions for the DD player.

A Cleveland in the open at the beginning of the match is no real threat.

No, you are not useless if you do not rush a cap. You still spot. That way your team gets an impressions of the enemies positions and you can discover torpedos.

When you know what is going on in the match and/or you know how to get out, you can attack the cap.

Players
1,048 posts
22,265 battles

My 19 point Cleveland captain is now on the EDIT Pensacola. My Cleveland is now a EDIT.

Good EDIT session devs, please have many more in the hope that you kill the remaining brain cell.

Agreed 100%, the worst being that those guys think that hitting the radar key requires skills, in some games, there are more radars than DDs WTF were W.G thinking of?

19 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I am not constructing, I am analyzing the situations.

Depending on situation, there are different counters or reactions for the DD player.

A Cleveland in the open at the beginning of the match is no real threat.

No, you are not useless if you do not rush a cap. You still spot. That way your team gets an impressions of the enemies positions and you can discover torpedos.

When you know what is going on in the match and/or you know how to get out, you can attack the cap.

Sorry but you are making a lot of assumption there:

1) You assume that your team is going to respond to calls for fire suppression of radar ships when you spot them, this is wrong for two reasons, a) many players are simply farming and already tunnel-visioning, b) They are not in a position to respond and have close fire angles either because the target is hidden from their direct line of fire or because they are themselves hidden behind a rock.

2) You assume that with the number of radars in the game it is possible to spot all of them from early on in the game without coming into range of one, that's also a wrong assumption, many of those guys are going to rush in direct line to the island closest to the cap, if you don't have the possibility to flank them (middle cap of 3) you won't be able to spot them, in many cases you're in position after they are already into theirs.

3) You also assume that there are a sufficient number of DDs to spot all the radar ships which is also wrong considering that in many of the games today you have more radars than DDs or caps.

Here is an evidence of what we're saying: 2 DDs per team,. i count at least 4 radar ships on the enemy team and that's not the worst i've seen, 6 radars is not uncommon.

So you guys can spin it every way you want, on this one W.G screwed the pouch and denying it is not going to help making the game better, the number of radar ships per games is simply way too high, period.

shot-18.06.03_06.31.18-0380.jpg

https://postimg.cc/image/pcxvg3wq3/

My suggestion would be to limit the number of radars available to teams to equal the number of cap in each game.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,942 posts
10,672 battles

I agree with ColonelPete that radars are not a problem for decent DD player. A nuisance but not problem. 

If you check a number of enemy radar ships and possible routes and positions where probably be during battle you can adapt your play.

Players
1,048 posts
22,265 battles
22 minutes ago, Sigimundus said:

I agree with ColonelPete that radars are not a problem for decent DD player. A nuisance but not problem. 

If you check a number of enemy radar ships and possible routes and positions where probably be during battle you can adapt your play.

Blah. Thanks for the lecture but no thanks.

When there are more radars than DDs it is a problem decent player or not, we don't need people to come chest banging to deny reality for us all.

[T-N-T]
4,942 posts
10,672 battles
9 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Blah. Thanks for the lecture but no thanks.

When there are more radars than DDs it is a problem decent player or not, we don't need people to come chest banging to deny reality for us all.

Umm I'm playing high tier DD now so which part of reality I'm missing?

Players
1,048 posts
22,265 battles
13 minutes ago, Sigimundus said:

Umm I'm playing high tier DD now so which part of reality I'm missing?

The part where this turns the game into a pussies camping one and not everyone is you, got it?

Before we had complains about campers, now it's even worse, who needs a Missouri to delete a DD?  And yet they sold like bleemin' cookies, who needs 6 radars par game? So keep denying on the basis of your own results that's precisely why this game turns into shr!te.

[T-N-T]
4,942 posts
10,672 battles
10 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

The part where this turns the game into a pussies camping one and not everyone is you, got it?

Before we had complains about campers, now it's even worse, who needs a Missouri to delete a DD?  And yet they sold like bleemin' cookies, who needs 6 radars par game? So keep denying on the basis of your own results that's precisely why this game turns into shr!te.

So it is my and WG fault that you and other play bad?

Players
1,048 posts
22,265 battles
Just now, Sigimundus said:

So it is my and WG fault that you and other play bad?

Bad? LOL! You mean doesn't play like you? You're so arrogant you see the game tailored for your level, it's not what my stats says and your flame batting is not impressing me the slightest, your opinion is not made more valid by your stats, which part of NOT YOU did you miss?

Now. i don't care if this get me banned it will at least offer me some rest from reading people like you but you can stuff your stats. BIG TIME.

[T-N-T]
4,942 posts
10,672 battles
1 minute ago, ThinderChief said:

Bad? LOL! You mean doesn't play like you? You're so arrogant you see the game tailored for your level, it's not what my stats says and your flame batting is not impressing me the slightest, your opinion is not made more valid by your stats, which part of NOT YOU did you miss?

Now. i don't care if this get me banned it will at least offer me some rest from reading people like you but you can stuff your stats. BIG TIME.

I didn't mention stats anywhere.

I only told you that decent player can adapt to radars ships in battle.

You wrote that you cannot or do not want to adapt ergo you are not a decent player ergo you are a bad player.

This is not about stats - only basic statement logic.

Players
1,048 posts
22,265 battles
9 minutes ago, Sigimundus said:

I didn't mention stats anywhere.

I only told you that decent player can adapt to radars ships in battle.

You wrote that you cannot or do not want to adapt ergo you are not a decent player ergo you are a bad player.

This is not about stats - only basic statement logic.

Hypocrit.

[T-N-T]
4,942 posts
10,672 battles
1 hour ago, ThinderChief said:

Hypocrit.

it is nice that you confes. It is first step to change.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this