Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaptBlondebeard

Nice super container

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[NWP]
Players
731 posts
6,303 battles

I found her quite fun, haven't player her in months, though. The guns are good, just make sure you plan ahead enough not to have to turn them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
5 minutes ago, CaptBlondebeard said:

Just got the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, time to take her for a spin, any tips on using her?

Nice SC.png

Much the same way as you'd play the Nikolai if you have that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

Also notable the russian "well, Tsushima sucked hard"-armor layout; weak belt, fantastic resilience to HE and "small" calibers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
1 minute ago, AkosJaccik said:

Also notable the russian "well, Tsushima sucked hard"-armor layout; weak belt, fantastic resilience to HE and "small" calibers.

To be fair that was exactly what they were trying to achieve with that armor layout. Only catch is, it's a bit vulnerable to high caliber AP instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
6 minutes ago, CaptBlondebeard said:

Just got the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, time to take her for a spin, any tips on using her?

Nice SC.png

Congrats man.

As the fellow forumites said, the turret traverse is painful, plus it has a peculiar pattern of turret syncronization.

Good ship but if you compare it to the Gulio Ceasare, the russian is a dissapointment.

Have fun anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
14,708 posts
10,879 battles

The Oktober was never my friend.

Guns are ok, but the layout is bad. Here you can clearly see how design can influence effectivness and that the raw attributes of a ship tell only half the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
894 posts
11,126 battles
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

To be fair that was exactly what they were trying to achieve with that armor layout. Only catch is, it's a bit vulnerable to high caliber AP instead.

Yes, it's very interesting to see how the different navies' philosophies and doctrines apply and work (or not work) in the game.

While not forgetting the game's arcade nature for a second, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
Just now, AkosJaccik said:

Yes, it's very interesting to see how the different navies' philosophies and doctrines apply and work (or not work) in the game.

While not forgetting the game's arcade nature for a second, of course.

I like to call it the "armour, everywhere" armour layout as compared with the USN's all or nothing. Shame they never got the chance to do a proper comparison between the two in rl (both have their merits and flaws for sure)

 

And of course, one must never forget that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles
25 minutes ago, CaptBlondebeard said:

 any tips on using her?

She's a t5 BB with limited charges of dmg con on low cd and great protection vs HE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
4 hours ago, CaptBlondebeard said:

any tips on using her?

AP is usable only at close and low-mid ranges, while HE does the job at anything past that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,138 posts
5,915 battles

She's a nice ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
468 posts
245 battles

Congrats didnt know you could get ships from super containers.

 

sorry for the off topic question but how many super containers can you actually get? Or is it just unlimited with a really low chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
731 posts
6,303 battles
11 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Congrats didnt know you could get ships from super containers.

 

sorry for the off topic question but how many super containers can you actually get? Or is it just unlimited with a really low chance?

Very low probability to get ships, low probability to get SC at all.

 

Having said that Ive had a couple since they were released. Mostly it's flags, freexp or something I get in them.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
468 posts
245 battles
3 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Very low probability to get ships, low probability to get SC at all.

 

Having said that Ive had a couple since they were released. Mostly it's flags, freexp or something I get in them.

 

 

Ahh ok i got like three in total but thought that was the max for like a few months or whatever.

 

i still remember getting 100 zulu flags that was nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
886 posts
7,318 battles

It's a nice ship.

 

The AP is quite reliable, and the HE has a pretty decent fire chance so it's a fallback option against strong T7 BB's. I find the ship uptiers quite comfortably.

 

The AA is strong, and against Tier 4-5 CV's you can rush them and there's little they can do. The AA is kind of hilarious with something like 7 different types of mount. The ship looks like an AA gun salesman's show piece.

 

If you have a high-skill Russian DD captain, it's really enjoyable to run on one of those. The CE, SI and AFT you'll probably run fit perfectly. SI is really important because of limited repair parties. DE which you'll likely have will help though is overkill.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×