Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TGD_2016

Premium ships

53 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
14 posts
457 battles

i was in a random battle with New Work the tier V ship, then i was attacked by a italy premium ship that could basicly one shot me 

why the hec is it so op

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,912 posts
5,023 battles
3 minutes ago, TGD_2016 said:

i was in a random battle with New Work the tier V ship, then i was attacked by a italy premium ship that could basicly one shot me 

why the hec is it so op

 

Giulio Cesare is strong, maybe OP, but if it could oneshot you, then it didn't beat you because it is "OP", but because you presented too much broadside. Don't show enemies flat side to shoot at, steam at an angle, watch shells bounce or deal less damage. 

  • Cool 13
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGP2W]
Players
83 posts
13,704 battles
23 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Giulio Cesare is strong, maybe OP, but if it could oneshot you, then it didn't beat you because it is "OP", but because you presented too much broadside. Don't show enemies flat side to shoot at, steam at an angle, watch shells bounce or deal less damage. 

New York is too OP it also nuked my Gulio Cesare both of us showing broadsides mine all overpens he got x3 cits... kaboom:cap_rambo:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
14,751 posts
10,885 battles
50 minutes ago, TGD_2016 said:

i was in a random battle with New Work the tier V ship, then i was attacked by a italy premium ship that could basicly one shot me 

why the hec is it so op

 

Because you did not angle...

Btw any other Tier V BB can oneshot you if you show broadside and yes a lot of other Tier V ships can do that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WJDE]
Beta Tester
479 posts
8,321 battles

NY doesn't have to broadside to get citadeled, it can be from the front as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,265 posts
6,795 battles
5 hours ago, TGD_2016 said:

tier V ship (..) italy premium ship

GC is a great example that WG can take a ship, put it in tier 5, have it so brokenly OP that you can't compare its performance with any other tier 5, any tier 6 or even most t7s of the same class, and then claim that "this is balanced comrade!" :Smile_sceptic:

 

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

That is very unlikely with 320mm guns.

320s are good enough to overmatch the t5 BBs 19mm bow, and I wouldn't be surprised that the turd that is the NY has nothing serious to stop those shells after that

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,342 posts
5,226 battles
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

GC is a great example that WG can take a ship, put it in tier 5, have it so brokenly OP that you can't compare its performance with any other tier 5, any tier 6 or even most t7s of the same class, and then claim that "this is balanced comrade!" :Smile_sceptic:

But it has low HP so it is balanced comrade:Smile_great:

 

On a more serious note OP, the Guilo is a bit lame, but if you get deleted you showed to much broadside, and any other tier 5 BB could have done the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
147 posts
1,346 battles
16 hours ago, TGD_2016 said:

i was in a random battle with New Work the tier V ship, then i was attacked by a italy premium ship that could basicly one shot me 

why the hec is it so op

 

Anothern dude thats flashing his broad sider probably and get punished - serves you right.

In case of a detonation, well s***, it's just bad luck. Never been citadel'd nor detonated in a New York. It's just a great ship if people know how to drive it and nay it isn't a long ranged fighter due to it's extended citadels in front and aft sections.

 

Also the Giulio Cesare is a fantastic ship, absolutely love it. One of my absolute favorites at tier 5. However it is a very weak armor wise and the second lowest health pool of ALL tier 5 dreadnaughts / battlecruisers, even cruiser can inflict horrendous amount of damage to it. So that's the balance mate, it got good goods, a bit lackluster if enemy ships angle due to lower caliber, but very precise, good shells travel speed and is a very stealthy dreadnought.

 

So no it isn't OP by any degree, you are just bad at this game (get better), got surprised and didn't react or learn the ships weakness'. And watch out for Giulio Cesare as it can ambush you and deliver a quite nasty surprise. Have once or twice been blown almost instant to kingdom come by this boat in my Omaha :cap_rambo:

 

Still damn good ship! 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,686 posts
9,234 battles
17 hours ago, TGD_2016 said:

i was in a random battle with New Work the tier V ship, then i was attacked by a italy premium ship that could basicly one shot me 

why the hec is it so op

 

 

Playing in a battleship and complaining that he can be crippled in a single salvo.

ecf8e7d60fb116c8e25350eeab3592bf.jpg

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,577 battles
15 hours ago, orzel286 said:

NY doesn't have to broadside to get citadeled, it can be from the front as well.

 

Yep, even Scharnhorst's 283mm Ap can overmatch tier V BB hull armour (so even the tier III Nassau could do the same if it faildivisioned and got into tier V MM).

 

Though it's unlikely to land enough shells on a bow-on target silhouette to nuke (as in get enough damage to get a Devastating Strike) a New York so it is more likely that he was showing broadside, unless OP is embellishing the "basically one-shot" part of his story.

 

 

In short, topic has nothing to do about OP premiums (though the Giulio is pretty damn strong and imho the best tier V BB currently in the game by far) and everything about OP not understanding game mechanics ... though then again in all fairness, at 301 games he's rather new so it might've just been his first occasion of getting familiarized with (read: brutalized by) the overmatch mechanic.

 

 

For the future:

Overmatching happens when an AP shell with a caliber greater than 14,3 times your armour hits, in which case it will penetrate regardless of the angle. If you face a ship that can overmatch parts of your hull, try to give him just enough side to entice them into shooting your armoured belt rather than your vulnerable nose/aft parts of your ship. In battleships is pretty easy since you don't also have to juggle your angling to keep your mainbelt at an autobounce angle as even a not perfectly angled battleship belt can shatter AP shells. And if the enemy still hits and overmatches your bow/aft ends, it also means the citadel armour is going to be at an angle which increases it's protection so you might not eat as much damage than if you were perfectly bow-on which means your citadel armour is perfectly flat towards any overmatching AP shell.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CU]
Players
298 posts
3,444 battles
4 hours ago, Hyperion84 said:

Anothern dude thats flashing his broad sider probably and get punished - serves you right.

 

you are just bad at this game (get better), 

You're a bit of an arrogant [edited] aren't you? OP has barely played 300 battles, he is still learning.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,169 posts
9,151 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Malfuss sagte:

OP has barely played 300 battles, he is still learning.

Nono, that amount is easily enough to unlock Tier XI and X ships!1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
147 posts
1,346 battles
On 6/2/2018 at 3:54 PM, Malfuss said:

You're a bit of an arrogant [edited] aren't you? OP has barely played 300 battles, he is still learning.

When I did start the game I already knew the basics good sir, you know I did research, watch youtubers prior to beginning the game myself. I watched ICase, Jingles while the game was slummering through closed beta, after that I turned to Flambass and kept ICase. So yes learning is in fact not only very plausible but reasonable to do. All people want to be the best, not everyone has the skill, me, I certainly do not, but even my mediocre skills can turn a lot due to knowledge learned prior to starting this game. 

So no, I stand corrected by my statement, if I can turn up as a newbie with all. Like ALL the basics informations in how not to get killed easily (like flashing broadside, putting out a single fire and so on), then so too can everybody else. Really there is no excuse, 300 battles or so.

 

Also while all games have a learning curve, true, everything has, with all the ample informations available with a mere Google search and still it seems like people doesn't learn anything at all, just repeating the errors. Wherever or not the repeating is a matter of learning or not wanting to improve I can't say nor will I speculate into this, but both are equally bad for different reasons. 

 

Currently I am taking a break, the lack of skill / cooperation skills really just turned this otherwise terrific game into a pile of pure madness, thusly a break is needed!

But I'll be watching from the shadows :cap_cool:

 

Pax Deorum

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,632 posts
3,455 battles

reading guides and watching YouTube videos is one thing and certainly help 

 

but it can't teach you how to position. Only experience can help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,405 posts
14,381 battles
On 6/1/2018 at 5:53 PM, TGD_2016 said:

i was in a random battle with New Work the tier V ship, then i was attacked by a italy premium ship that could basicly one shot me 

why the hec is it so op

Well, I one-shotted a broadside New York in a Fuso once... It is not OP nor is it premium (it IS a tier 6 tho, I give you that) and I reaally suck, as a BB player. So in conclusion you must have bungled somewhere along the line there. If we knew the situation better (pls explain more) or saw a game replay, we could probably help you out with a few gameplay tips tho. :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,504 battles
On 01. 06. 2018. at 6:53 PM, TGD_2016 said:

i was in a random battle with New Work the tier V ship, then i was attacked by a italy premium ship that could basicly one shot me 

why the hec is it so op

 

did you saw "svizac" also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,169 posts
9,151 battles
Am 1.6.2018 um 21:45, orzel286 sagte:

NY doesn't have to broadside to get citadeled, it can be from the front as well.

Yes, NY and Texas eat a lot of random pens from all sides. Try dodging, since they are fairly agile, as far as BBs go. And abide the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
577 posts
4,698 battles
2 hours ago, Hyperion84 said:

When I did start the game I already knew the basics good sir, you know I did research, watch youtubers prior to beginning the game myself. I watched ICase, Jingles while the game was slummering through closed beta, after that I turned to Flambass and kept ICase. So yes learning is in fact not only very plausible but reasonable to do. All people want to be the best, not everyone has the skill, me, I certainly do not, but even my mediocre skills can turn a lot due to knowledge learned prior to starting this game. 

So no, I stand corrected by my statement, if I can turn up as a newbie with all. Like ALL the basics informations in how not to get killed easily (like flashing broadside, putting out a single fire and so on), then so too can everybody else. Really there is no excuse, 300 battles or so.

 

Also while all games have a learning curve, true, everything has, with all the ample informations available with a mere Google search and still it seems like people doesn't learn anything at all, just repeating the errors. Wherever or not the repeating is a matter of learning or not wanting to improve I can't say nor will I speculate into this, but both are equally bad for different reasons. 

 

Currently I am taking a break, the lack of skill / cooperation skills really just turned this otherwise terrific game into a pile of pure madness, thusly a break is needed!

But I'll be watching from the shadows :cap_cool:

 

Pax Deorum

 

So did it actually take you a month to get this comeback together or did you forget to post it after drafting it?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
147 posts
1,346 battles
2 hours ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

reading guides and watching YouTube videos is one thing and certainly help 

 

but it can't teach you how to position. Only experience can help you.

You are partly right, you can learn about positioning if you evaluate the battle played by the YouTuber. Often they themselves will point out the wrong move and one can watch the potential consequences, not all errors will spell doom, many a players will not use the moment of opportunity due to paying less than attention / lacking awareness to your ships positioning and of course visa versa with skilled people.

 

Also sometimes people tend to make mistakes due oversight or simply "going-all-in" or even just hasn't potential dangerous "hidden" opponents. Have been punished more than once by skilled Caesare captains who uses island cover and speed to flank me (once in New York and second when I was playing Omaha) - kudos for skill and creatively use of cover and gave them both a "Worthy adversary", even though my team lost to two matches.

 

War is the realm of uncertainty; three-quarters of the factors on which action in war is based are wrapped in a fog of greater or lesser uncertainty… War is the realm of chance. No other human activity gives it greater scope; no other has such incessant and varied dealings with this intruder. Chance makes everything more uncertain and interferes with the whole course of events” – Carl von Clausewitz

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
147 posts
1,346 battles
11 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

 

So did it actually take you a month to get this comeback together or did you forget to post it after drafting it?

I am on holiday, so I went into the forums, just to check things out, see if anything new was going on. Never hurts to keep tabs on things :fish_book:

So nope, I wrote the "comeback" pretty much instantaneous, when people write to me for some reason (work or volunteer) I always make a habit trying to answer them is quick as possible. Due to have been offline for awhile I simply haven't been paying attention on the forums. That's the reason for the late comeback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
147 posts
1,346 battles
On 6/1/2018 at 9:45 PM, orzel286 said:

NY doesn't have to broadside to get citadeled, it can be from the front as well.

Absolutely, but only IF being hit from long range fire when it's raining down upon you.

Generally the NY and I guess Texas is not long range support, I found out they work very well at 9-14km range, where their guns can make a true mess out of enemy, and soak reliable amount of damage without taking citadels damage. Awareness and positioning is key to survival since both boats are very slow in terms of speed. 

Also on papers their armor seems weak, but I've been bouncing (knowing the auto bounce angle certainly helps a lot, right) / soaking both 381 and 410mm shots in NY without getting crashed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles

To be fair, the NY can pretty easily go wreckasaurus rex on the GC if the player does not know what he's doing..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,632 posts
3,455 battles
1 hour ago, Hyperion84 said:

You are partly right, you can learn about positioning if you evaluate the battle played by the YouTuber. Often they themselves will point out the wrong move and one can watch the potential consequences, not all errors will spell doom, many a players will not use the moment of opportunity due to paying less than attention / lacking awareness to your ships positioning and of course visa versa with skilled people.

 

Also sometimes people tend to make mistakes due oversight or simply "going-all-in" or even just hasn't potential dangerous "hidden" opponents. Have been punished more than once by skilled Caesare captains who uses island cover and speed to flank me (once in New York and second when I was playing Omaha) - kudos for skill and creatively use of cover and gave them both a "Worthy adversary", even though my team lost to two matches.

 

War is the realm of uncertainty; three-quarters of the factors on which action in war is based are wrapped in a fog of greater or lesser uncertainty… War is the realm of chance. No other human activity gives it greater scope; no other has such incessant and varied dealings with this intruder. Chance makes everything more uncertain and interferes with the whole course of events” – Carl von Clausewitz

 

your judgments are made based on experience.

at least the better ones.

 

reading guides and watching YouTube vids helps a lot. I consider myself experienced and i still watch videos on how very good players play certain ships.

 

but you need experience to properly "read" what the youtuber is doing and why it was done in that particular way. 

that experience comes from getting blamed now and then.

example: OT could have watched voutube videos on how to angle properly and could still be punished, because he does not know by experience, how much angling is sufficient without giving up too much firepower.

 

next very important thing you can't learn by reading guides is map and situational awareness. anfgling against one ship might enable another one to punish your broadside.

 

those decisions should come automatically (and they do). If you need to think too long, your window of opportunity closes again and you are either in trouble or too far behind to be useful.

 

nothing beats natural learning by trial and error.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
147 posts
1,346 battles
3 hours ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

nothing beats natural learning by trial and error.

Well Social Constructivism tends to disagree 

 

3 hours ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

example: OT could have watched voutube videos on how to angle properly and could still be punished, because he does not know by experience, how much angling is sufficient without giving up too much firepower.

But can we agree one thing is to draw experience from the YouTubers, another is evaluate the current situation one is located in ingame battles and so on that part you are totally correct, awareness, understanding of surroundings / mechanics and the ships currently or that potential could be engaging you proves key to survival.

But basic knowledge from YouTubers is a good kickoff to start the game, the rest, as you put it, is very much experience  earned through combat, both victory and defeat (or death for the matter).

Replay on that account should be a standard tool ingame, so all players had the ability to see the replay, what went wrong and so on. Though I deem it remotely that many would use the tool, although some would probably try and use it.

Try to learn from the previous combat.

 

PS: On that account I've learned stuff from the forums as well, so kudos to some of you guys out there :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×