Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
valoaa

Freedom Containers

40 comments in this topic

[POMF]
Players
127 posts
7,104 battles

The new freedom containers in store.

Thought I'd get some, why not, chance of winning a ship I don't own, probably not going to get of the special missions to unlock them.

Buy 5 containers

Get TWO missions for premium ships. BOTH for the only two ships in the list I already own. Fantastic.

Yes I know I may have been quite lucky to get two, not sure on the frequency this time around. And yes I know now get credits

I don't understand why it can't just see you already have that ship and then roll the dice again.

Thoughts?

Inkedshot-18.06.01_13.44.59-0261_LI.jpg

[SKRUB]
Players
271 posts
16,367 battles
5 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Thoughts?

Why do you complain ?

WG explicitly said :

If you receive a ship that is already in your Port, you will still get a Commander and a slot, as well as credits equal to the purchase price of the ship.

So no you will not get a dice roll, because you already own these ship.

[POMF]
Players
127 posts
7,104 battles
13 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

Why do you complain ?

WG explicitly said :

So no you will not get a dice roll, because you already own these ship.

Yes, I did explain I knew this in the post. I'm asking what the point of that mechanic is and it was annoying and funny that I received the only two ships I already owned.

Also asking other people thoughts on the their containers.

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,765 battles
34 minutes ago, valoaa said:

I'm asking what the point of that mechanic is 

They want those people, who are willing to buy these in the first place, to spend more money after getting the "wrong ship".

You can argue that more people would buy otherwise, but it is probably why they did it.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,402 posts
8,795 battles

I bought just one, to open the collection. Because I'm only missing one of the 'prize' ships, and there isn't a re-roll mechanic if you get a ship you already have, I didn't see the point of buying any more...

One of the reasons (besides the rewards being better) I bought rather a lot (too many?) of the Xmas crates was that they *did* have a re-roll mechanic.

So, if the aim of the current set-up was to sell more crates, it hasn't worked on me (but I may be atypical)...

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles

This guy got not one but two combat missions for ships in just 5 containers and dare to complain...

Be happy you get any! (ship or replacement)

I bought 6 containers, got 0 ship missions... GG.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
5,567 posts
11,231 battles

Gonna use this thread for a question regarding the Dunkirk crates

"Get your hands on some exclusive crates to get goodies and have a chance to get collectibles honoring the 1940 Dunkirk Evacuation"

Since they are bloody expensive but it's the only collection I didn't complete: Is there really only a CHANCE that those crates might contain collectibles? That'd be a new low imo:Smile_ohmy:

Also, the "Savior of Dunkirk" mission set should've started today, right?...

eew.jpg

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
1 hour ago, aboomination said:

Gonna use this thread for a question regarding the Dunkirk crates

Since they are bloody expensive but it's the only collection I didn't complete: Is there really only a CHANCE that those crates might contain collectibles? That'd be a new low imo:Smile_ohmy:

Also, the "Savior of Dunkirk" mission set should've started today, right?...

eew.jpg

You do get collectibles for Dunkirk collections, yes. 2 of them in 1 container.

Im glad there are no more F* Bismarck containers. They really mind-rape us with them.

• Cool 1

Players
1,565 posts
10,241 battles

If you buy 100 more, you could get missions for ships which you do not own at this moment, MAYBE.

RAGE_BORIS.png.2eaca05e670ca2a3d717d8a04b206b65.png

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
5,567 posts
11,231 battles
1 minute ago, Boris_MNE said:

If you buy 100 more, you could get missions for ships which you do not own at this moment, MAYBE.

RAGE_BORIS.png.2eaca05e670ca2a3d717d8a04b206b65.png

All of those ships are frequently available in the shop, tho :cap_hmm:

Players
1,565 posts
10,241 battles
Just now, aboomination said:

All of those ships are frequently available in the shop, tho :cap_hmm:

Buy crates and dont argue with me!

• Funny 3

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles

5 crates, sims, atlanta, cleveland and monaghan, only one of those ships wasn’t already in my port :D 

• Funny 1

Players
2,837 posts
8,268 battles
3 hours ago, Episparh said:

10 crates - one ship mission... For Kidd :cap_rambo:

Git, i wanted that! Might have a pop at some later.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,247 posts
31,242 battles

Maybe I buy  a few for the flags, problem is that this kind of offers is 0 or full package to get the special flags at a decent prize, I am undecided, if I would not have all the ships but Monaghan I think I would have gone for the full package these premium flags would then reach a acceptable prize level, but now I am not so sure, will see how often the collection items drops also in your normal daily containers - I have got 1 in 6 so far and I think they were more frequent other collections - but it is to few yet to draw a conclusion.

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles
16 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Git, i wanted that! Might have a pop at some later.

Well, I consider this a lucky draw as I've got it on my 10th container... And the chance to draw best ship available is hindered by Monoghan and Cleavland probability. 

I actualy wanted the flags. Only Atlanta or Kidd would be nice addition as others are less usefull/OP. Considering Kidd as ultimate threat from that containers. 

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
On 6/2/2018 at 8:48 AM, PapVogele said:

5 crates, sims, atlanta, cleveland and monaghan, only one of those ships wasn’t already in my port :D 

Wait, what? You got 4 ships from 5 containers?

You F* dirty lucky bastard.

Admit it, you are secret contributor for WG. You probably even have t-shirt says ''I <3 WG''

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles

12 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Wait, what? You got 4 ships from 5 containers?

You F* dirty lucky bastard.

Admit it, you are secret contributor for WG. You probably even have t-shirt says ''I <3 WG''

Nah just have it tatooed on my forehead :P

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,589 posts

Has anyone gotten a ship mission from a free container?

The news page isn't entirely clear to me on whether this can occur; in the comparison infographic the paid version has a gold 'bonus chance' icon but I don't know if that means a higher chance for a ship mission, or any chance at all vs none. The text suggests both versions have some chance but news articles frequently contain errors and WG's mastery of English can be found wanting, so I can't take it on its word when the images leave some doubt.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
894 posts
10,147 battles
19 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

The news page isn't entirely clear to me on whether this can occur; in the comparison infographic the paid version has a gold 'bonus chance' icon but I don't know if that means a higher chance for a ship mission, or any chance at all vs none. The text suggests both versions have some chance but news articles frequently contain errors and WG's mastery of English can be found wanting, so I can't take it on its word when the images leave some doubt.

I got Sims mission from a free container.

• Cool 1

[SCAR]
Players
20 posts
6,105 battles
Am 10.6.2018 um 02:34, StringWitch sagte:

In the last 2 free containers I got the Kidd Yesterday and the Atlanta Mission just now. Just for taking my Indi out for a quick spin. Had I known, that I could gain her for free... But it gained me a free Atlanta now, soooo, i'd call it a win :-)

Yes, you can pull the missions from free containers :-D

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
On 6/7/2018 at 3:47 AM, Niibler said:

Won 20 crates

How?

On 6/10/2018 at 2:34 AM, StringWitch said:

I didnt get any from 6 Freedom I bought. I heard many got 1-2 ships in just 5 containers. Well, this was my last time to spend money on any special containers.

Its true, ot at least it should be, that Freedom premium containers have higher chance for ship missions then regular American containers. But WG told us to not buy them with expectations to get ship missions.

Well, if they put some juicy premium ships in them, why I wouldn't expect them as reward, right?

Players
2,967 posts
14,214 battles
Am 10.6.2018 um 02:34, StringWitch sagte:

26 free containers until now.

No mission (but all available ships are already in my port, besides Monaghan). Same thing as with french containers where I got no mission either.

Sign in to follow this