Sign in to follow this  
FriedrichCarl

Can Hindenburg really wipe Amagi easily in 1v1?

17 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts

A Pensacola asked for a challenge to a cleveland on my team by using Amagi and Cleveland said he will have no chance to win because he will use Hindneburg....

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but I can say that a Hindenburg is entirely capable of handing an Amagi it's keel in a 1vs1, though it obviously depends on several factors.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,067 posts
6,708 battles

If the Amagi is unable to aim correctly and destroy the Hinden with its 410, yeah, the Hinden can win by either kiting the Amagi to death or coming to ultra close range and nuke him with its 16 torps.

It basically means the Amagi f***** up in both cases, or at least got severely outplayed.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,211 posts
6,775 battles

Depends which of those 2 players is more of a mong. In a similar skill situation... Hindy's capable, but Amagi is still a BB. Plus HE on her bulges (which happen to cover basically the whole side) result in 0 dmg hits

[3STG]
Players
323 posts
9,980 battles

Hindy can wipe out any BB, but in certain circumstances. At longer ranges the BBs will land cits on her and Hindy's DPM will not be enough in 1v1, but if Hindy manages to get closer with full HP, then it most likely will get the Amagi. (And many others)

EDIT : Even without torps I've managed to wipe out BBs, bec those AP salvos are very devastating in close range. (And BBs have a hard time to cit her in close range)

Beta Tester
1,339 posts
5,195 battles

If both players are of equal skill, the Hindenburg will most likely win vs any tier 8 BB due to lol 1/4 HE, fairly resistant armor and great AP DPM if it catches your broadside. 

[CATS]
Players
14,661 posts
10,873 battles
5 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

If both players are of equal skill, the Hindenburg will most likely win vs any tier 8 BB due to lol 1/4 HE, fairly resistant armor and great AP DPM if it catches your broadside. 

I doubt that. Any BB can take loads of HE from a single cruiser.

[TTT]
Players
406 posts
9,065 battles

Hinden vs. Amagi 1v1? 

Hands down for the Hinden.

Long range> bit tougher but Hinden spam will wear down the BB sooner or later. Super godlike BB AP RNG can have a word here though...

Short range> Do I even have to elaborate?

Put in short: Hinden can rape any t8 BB from any ranges, in almost any situation. If I should vote, probably the Amagi would be the toughest from the t8 BBs to fight.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,661 posts
10,873 battles

It is an 1v1. You cannot spam from long range. You have to spot the BB first. Unless the BB player starts to randomly shoot up islands, that means you have to go to medium range.

Beta Tester
1,339 posts
5,195 battles
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is an 1v1. You cannot spam from long range. You have to spot the BB first. Unless the BB player starts to randomly shoot up islands, that means you have to go to medium range.

And there the Hinden has 2 options. Either bait the Amagis volley, turn around, kite, repeat. Or just charge in and AP and torp it to death. RNG can still decide it but the Hindenburg will retain the control of the engagement in all non RNG cases.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,661 posts
10,873 battles

An Amagi that gets torped to death by a Hindenburg in a 1v1 does not have the best player...

Players
672 posts
7,913 battles
On 1.6.2018 at 4:26 PM, FriedrichCarl said:

A Pensacola asked for a challenge to a cleveland on my team by using Amagi and Cleveland said he will have no chance to win because he will use Hindneburg..

Depenedes how good of a player that Pensacola player was. Tier.8 Ranked battles showed that even humble Hipper has no problem taking down Amagi in 1vs1 situation (or even 1vs2 situation).

Amagi just needs do have sufficantly bad player, or Hindenburg player have do be fairly better. In equal skill situation I would say Amagi is better.Some months ago, when I was playing during late night/early morning hours, the same Hindenburg driver tryed do solo my Amagi twice (we were in opposing teams twice in a roll). First time he did not make it do torpedo range, second time he did, but died when he was turning do fire torps.

Out of all tier.8 BBs Amagi is thoughest opponent for Hindenburg. Hindnburg could solo Bismarck/Tirpitz/Richelou with relative ease.

[POI--]
Players
3,879 posts
5,016 battles

In equal skill, Amagi. Hindenburg likely has best chances at range, trying to apply its more consistent dpm while trying to dodge salvos, because going for a torp run just means eating all the 41 cm shells up close that overmatch the armour. Torping an Amagi that is aware of the torp threat also is hard (it is fast and can kite) and even if the odd torp hits, Amagi has great torpedo protection.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,506 battles

The problem when you do this kind of problems is the 1 vs 1, in almost every real situation even if it is only 1 vs 1 ship left in the teams (regardless which ships are involved) it is one of the ships that have the option to retreat /survive. True that Hindenburg wins if he gets close, but in reality often the ship that can kite and just need to survive has a clear advantage especially when there is also a time limit.

I think it is interesting to discuss in the two different context: A/ If you are the attacker = you must win and sink or B/ You are the defender = survival is enough, then you have the CAP/Time factors.

You might prefer a BB if the time is short and you have to have maximum Alpha strike regardless of that you have lesser chance as this is the only realistic chance to win in the time allowed.

It is a little which ships are best to carry in, I have one of my highest win rates in Bogatyr a notorius HE spammer, thats a ship that can make life hard for DDs = often game winning but given a situation where you must kill BBs fast it is difficult as you need time - therefor the longer fight are the better the ship is.

In your example Amagi might have been the better ship to choose if the time is short and you must win and sink the other ship or if you can yolo if the Amagi has to stay and defend maybe Hindenburg with torps.

So the overall situation is a big influencer. 

Players
770 posts
12,225 battles

Others have already pointed out that it's a feature too influenced by extra factors (time remaining and points -which affect the gameplay of both sides-, positioning and cover, respective players' skills), but overall I'd say a tanky CA 2 tiers above the BB, as stated in the hypothetical scenario, has quite the chances of winning even if only using the guns. After all, a CA of lower tier than the BB can also do it, although with a much heavier dependence on cover and hard manoeuvres for the close-in, and relying on a torpedo run.

Salute.

Sign in to follow this