Sign in to follow this  
Rowboat_Cop

Damage saturation again :)

4 comments in this topic

Players
273 posts
13,613 battles

I know about damage saturation.

But I really have to show what happened to me.

This can not be down to damage saturation, I mean the first torp hit should have killed him.

Note that he is getting bombed from above with HE pretty much at the same time so that could have something to do with it.

And yes, I have seen all the other examples :)

No need to link them.

I just really think this should not happen.

By the way. yes, it is a coop fight (bot fight, I think I miss clicked and ended up there)

Ps.  I removed the sound because I was listening to music at the same time and replays are not working right now. .ds

Players
265 posts
6,979 battles

8800 damage is OK for a poor torpedo hit. Your drop was fine, nothing wrong with that, but such hits (front section of hull, non-perpendicular hit) don't always do that much damage

I've once scored three fletcher torp hits on a Gearing and the dude survived with 700HP left, my first torpedo did less than 3k damage while he was full HP.

It's not glitched or anything, its just a bit of a broken damage mechanism in some situations. 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles

Actually going by the video - at least 1 torp hit under the front superstructure, and at least 1 under the front turrets, both of which should have been midships hits not hits saturating the bow :cap_yes:

Players
927 posts
7,208 battles

Might be worth reporting this to support. There was definitely a bug where Destroyers hit by torpedoes were being damaged as if the area was saturated when it wasn't - I thought they'd fixed it in a recent patch but there might be more to do.

Sign in to follow this