You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Brian_Lange

Unsportsmanship penalty for being sunk? That's Bull!

3 comments in this topic

Question

[USN83]
[USN83]
Players
2 posts
1,892 battles

WHY AM I BEING "PINKED" FOR BEING SUNK, AND BEING UNABLE TO CONTROL MY VESSEL BECAUSE THE SERVER HASN'T OPENED THE BATTLE SCREEN UNTIL 3-4 MINUTES INTO A BATTLE?  What is going on with this new update giving unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for "leaving battle early" when you are sunk and leave the battle or have to wait several minutes for the battle screen to open so you can control your ship and receive a penalty for "inactivity"?  If this s a glitch fine.  But if I am going to be getting "pinked" for being sunk, or because the server hasn't allowed me control of my ship until several minutes into the battle, then WoW will lose me as a player, and I will let every other player that I know why I have left.  At last count, I had 8 battles worth of unsportsmanlike penalties and was being threatened with restriction to co-op battles. IS WoW TRYING TO CHASE OFF PLAYERS OR WHAT?

2 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles
2 hours ago, Brian_Lange said:

SERVER HASN'T OPENED THE BATTLE SCREEN UNTIL 3-4 MINUTES INTO A BATTLE?

It's not servers fault your coal powered toaster takes 5 years longer than everyone else to load in. Server has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Here's a hint - that leaves your toaster as the weak part

You were AFK = you get pink, working exactly as intended

Have to say, this makes me want to congratulate WG with a system actually well done :cap_like:

2 hours ago, Brian_Lange said:

"leaving battle early"

That means you were a moron who quit the battle before you were sunk. Way before, to be precise - you played less than 3/4 of the time your ship was alive

[USN83]
[USN83]
Players
2 posts
1,892 battles

I have never left a battle before I was slipping beneath the waves.  That is what I am talking about.  NEVER left a battle before I was destroyed.  If this is the way things are going to be after this last update, after playing Wow for over a year it may just be time to scuttle the game.  So wilkatis_LV, since I have never quit before I was sunk, I'll take your smart [edited]comment as the smug self-righteous BS  of someone who spends way too much of their lives playing games who thinks their crap doesn't stink.  As for my "toaster", the speed is usually fine. It isn't unusual for me to be among the first to connect.  But at times, like today, I get a locked up screen or booted off the server, or doesn't connect as I watch the list of ships being destroyed until 3 or 4 minutes into the battle.  Thanks for the constructive information smart [edited].