You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Riggerby

Do you agree with the addition of Anime ships / camos / commanders?

Do you agree with the addition of Anime ships / camo's / commanders?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. ^^

• I Actually like the anime content and would like to see more of it in the future
    • I also dislike the anime content and would not like to see any more of it in the future
    • brah.. genuinely couldnt care less... eh..

44 comments in this topic

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
121 posts

Spoilered all my own thoughts for anyone who cares, Little mini rant ngl. (meme in there too lmao), other then that, ty for your vote / thoughts :)

Spoiler

Personally, And, Im sure im not the only one who feels this way but.. i think the Anime stuff they're adding... is just so... eugh... The ships (Those ARP ones from a while ago especially), Were enough to make eyes bleed, They looked like the basement of a German nightclub from the 80's with guns, the voices.. are just... little girls... kinda weird and creepy... the gun sound effects and visuals were just experience ruining. the pictures of the commanders are just... vile... they're literally just over sexualized little girls.... so messed up.. (Before anyone says theyre not intended to be little girls must be forgetting one of the 'drops' was called ''High school fleet''....)... I just genuinely am not morally okay with little highschool girls with their boobs busting out and skirts about an inch away from their pride. Maybe thats just me though?

Surely there are more more more more more then enough anime based games that this game dosent also have to include it. World of warships dosen't have to deal with this crap, World of warplanes dosen't either, So i just genuinely dont understand why world of warships has fallen so hard for it?... Why not just keep the game historical based and give the anime fans the ability to add their own user skins if they wish, Why subject the entire playerbase to the level of guilt which comes with enjoying a game associated with anime.

Why cant this game just do what the WoT version has done and limit all the creepy anime to the asian server where its more socially appropriate / less disgusting morale wise. (Different cultures i guess, Where i live, Honestly, if people knew i played a game with those sort of pictures on, With high school girls wearing skimpy clothes, id genuinely be called a creep / pedo. I actually feel close to quitting the game everytime they release this stuff).

Anyway, Heres a zesty meme i created for ya'll to enjoy whilst you vote your opinions on it. ty..

Spoiler

23130902_1477509809005310_1863382909882460096_n.thumb.jpg.7a29f47e6d53ef404773f0902ec5d2c9.jpg

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,084 posts
6,718 battles

I'm sorry, but I can't have a discussion with someone that immediately categorize anime content as "creepy" and "oversexualized".

Starts by having a bit more of an open mind, and then we'll discuss.

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
121 posts
30 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

I'm sorry, but I can't have a discussion with someone that immediately categorize anime content as "creepy" and "oversexualized".

Starts by having a bit more of an open mind, and then we'll discuss.

DZyi_0PX0AAqqqb.thumb.jpg.914517011c844731370967e444764ea9.jpg

'not creepy'))))))))

'not oversexualized'))))))))))))))

'Double Z boobs on a little girl are there for aerodynamic reasons and for the 'fan service' of creeps'))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Aight mate.

(Edit - Im not an idiot, I know not all Anime is creepy. Infact, quite alot of it is very serious, and the art style of manga or whatever is just used as a tool to display stories / events, but... you cant for one second tell me giving that girl that big breasts and that much cleveage isnt intentional sexualization... Hipper, Hood, and aurora dont bother me much, but Why give the Belfast one a stupid amount of cleveage ? Why make the clevelands ones skirt so stupidly and un-neededly high up? Why do both to an extent with enterprise and nelson !?!?

Why include children in the game at all!?!??!?! let alone in the attire of strippers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

So messed up its disgusting...

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

You can (or should be able to, but we all know WG mess up often enough) just hide it completely with the menu in the port screen (cogs on right just above ship carousel). I personally loathe the Halloween event stuff so I just hide it and quickly forget it even exists. I wouldn't think anybody taking a cursory glance at WOWS at most points in time would consider it anime-related. The problem with limiting it to Asian server is that WG refuse to allow transfers to other servers, and even if they did one would have to put up with a ping of 300 or something.

4 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

Surely there are more more more more more then enough anime based games that this game dosent also have to include it. World of warships dosen't have to deal with this crap, World of warplanes dosen't either, So i just genuinely dont understand why world of warships has fallen so hard for it?

Because Japan loves their navy, and anime, so they make a game about ship girls. But these games are for the Japanese domestic market only. Weebs love Japan, so weebs love ship girls, but have to go to a lot of trouble to play the relevant game, so instead they infest WOWS. I think it has gone something like this, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

'not creepy'))))))))

'not oversexualized'))))))))))))))

'Double Z boobs on a little girl are there for aerodynamic reasons and for the 'fan service' of creeps'))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Aight mate.

See second definition of 'child' in the screencap, and read if you would about the concept of the 'euphemism treadmill'. Women generally want to be young and good looking, so to call a woman a girl implies such nubility. Through doing this we associate the word 'woman' with older ladies and it starts to come across as bit of a slight against young women. Different social circles will see changes like this happen faster or slower, or potentially not at all.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,084 posts
6,718 battles

Shipgirl is just a loose translation of the Japanese Kanmusu, contraction of "Kantai musume", which should actually be translated by Fleet Girl, Daughter of the Fleet, or something like that.

Also, both AL and Kancolle have character from very various ages. That Belfast is anything but a "child".

[POI--]
Players
3,912 posts
5,023 battles
1 hour ago, Riggerby said:

Why cant this game just do what the WoT version has done and limit all the creepy anime to the asian server where its more socially appropriate / less disgusting morale wise. (Different cultures i guess, Where i live, Honestly, if people knew i played a game with those sort of pictures on, With high school girls wearing skimpy clothes, id genuinely be called a creep / pedo. I actually feel close to quitting the game everytime they release this stuff).

It isn't exactly more or less socially appropriate or disgusting than it is here. There's enough Asians who don't think too highly of it. Just like certain people here. There is a sizable fanbase and a good few "normal" people who don't care. Same as here. Or why do you think there's so many of them here?

19 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

DZyi_0PX0AAqqqb.thumb.jpg.914517011c844731370967e444764ea9.jpg

Check meaning #2? Words can have differing meanings and in certain cases it can make quite the difference.

[PLO]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,434 posts

I agree with addition of anime content, it's cool, bring more of it!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,669 battles

As long as theres an option to disable it i dont mind, what bugs me now is, if we will be able to disable the new ''improved'' rooster camos for ships like Cleveland?

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
121 posts

(OP), Feel i should add at this point before i deeply offend every anime fan on this game. As i said in an Edit somewhere, I do not hate ALL anime / manga,  And im not sugesting at all in any of what i said that i think ALL anime is creepy.

As i said in that part, I think some of it, Is quite literally just using that specific art form to tell a story or play a game or something, Which many of them do and i have no issue, I only have a gripe with it when they start... adding short skirts.. stupid amounts of cleveage... upskirts... all the kind of crap that is genuinely just not needed at all, You could have the same character and everything be the same, And it would be fine, But... just sexual aspects added for no reason at all are what bother me about it.

And, To have them in a game, That has no adult theme whatsoever, Is just... well... just why?... If the anime fans want that elsewhere, I couldnt care, it has nothing to do with me, ya'll do your thing with what you like, Its just... why here...

And i see what alot of you are saying about ''ship girl''? or whatever its called. Again... Maybe its just me but... having body parts be parts of ship (From what google images is showing me). just... very weird... (Even just googling that... 95%+ of the images are.. once again... pointlessly sexualized... bikinis... ripped clothing... stupidly large breasts... stupidly un-needed upskirt shots.. just why...? i dont understand it at all...)

And some of you mentioned the issue with server limitations, Eh, I understand that to a degree, wont argue that point anymore.

Some of you said it was possible to disable all this stuff, Is that just in the settings menu?

(Also, I know in the defintion in that thing i made about girl = child alot of you said look at definition 2.... come on.... ''high school fleet''.. you know as well as i do theyre girls, not young women.... Women dont go to school, Lmao)

And finally, (Im forgetting it as im writing thisss...) euhh... what was it.. oh yeah. I realise this is already in the client, and they cant ever delete stuff people have payed for, But... how about in future just.. making user skin support and stuff more of an accessable feature, Like.. (idk if im allowed to use competition refferences), But in warthunder there is literally a folder in the files you can drag skins into and they appear as an option then in the client. Maybe something similar to that system in our game? Perhaps for those who are interested in this stuff, can have the option to do it there for free to their hearts content, that way people like me who are a bit insulted by it dont have to associate with it, Win win for both, Ya'll get as much of your anime as you want for free and as custom as you want, Others dont have to see it or have anything to do with it. :)

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts
18 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

Some of you said it was possible to disable all this stuff, Is that just in the settings menu?

Yes indeed, but not from the settings menu. See here:

It says 'unique exterior of ships' but it covers commander art and voiceovers too.

5b105226dfdce_worldofwarships2018-05-3120-45-57-13.thumb.png.c584a6647f85ff419546936c240bd9c8.png

Thea with and without seting enabled, she becomes a completely normal commander:

5b1052aa6f068_worldofwarships2018-05-3120-51-53-59.png.b2f384c4a0fce28183c0320cc3b2fcdf.png5b1052bb8a527_worldofwarships2018-05-3120-52-03-39.png.800b3c0c12263218933a4c851d636fa4.png

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,912 posts
5,023 battles
18 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

(Also, I know in the defintion in that thing i made about girl = child alot of you said look at definition 2.... come on.... ''high school fleet''.. you know as well as i do theyre girls, not young women.... Women dont go to school, Lmao)

Damn, look at High School Fleet. So sexualised. It's nice that you want to look a bit less bigoted by saying "there's good anime too, I know", but you could start by actually not just conflating it all together. And Azur Lane is certainly not the same as High School Fleet.

24 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

And, To have them in a game, That has no adult theme whatsoever, Is just... well... just why?... If the anime fans want that elsewhere, I couldnt care, it has nothing to do with me, ya'll do your thing with what you like, Its just... why here...

Why are you bothered? All the special appearances of ships can be turned off. All the captains are not visible to you anyway. Why do you care how I play my WoWS? You tell us to keep our weeb stuff out of the game, as if it was in any way intrusive when you have a handy filter to block it all out. How about you play WoWS the way you want and leave others to play it the way they want and stop acting as if weebs are all some moral degenerates, because at the very least you don't see us lecturing you how you should play the game.

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,430 battles

I couldn't care less : > At least they added filters but I have rather mixed feelings about that. Or rather I wouldn't mind as long as other more important things are fixed first but then I know it's either taking them too long/not possible and while looking at the amount of weebs present on forums I would start spamming premium shop with that too to milk it. I mean what's the problem to add new commander just with anime pic right? 5 mins of work for 10 euro and the river of money is flowing so I can understand them totally.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,454 posts
13,851 battles
2 hours ago, Riggerby said:

Im not an idiot

8KTtscB.jpg?fb

You are playing a wargame. If your moral standards are oh so high you would be disgusted by it, uninstall it from your hard drive immediately and preach to everyone how video games such as this corrupt the youth and should be banned.

Sounds idiotic? Good, now do some self reflection as what you've written is basically the same thing.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,430 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

You are playing a wargame.

Wait I'm not sure about wargame - Technically since there are no people present in the battle(pilots/sailors or people habitating the islands) so no one dies in battle so not much of a war you know.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,454 posts
13,851 battles
29 minutes ago, Geralt_z_Rivii365 said:

Wait I'm not sure about wargame - Technically since there are no people present in the battle(pilots/sailors or people habitating the islands) so no one dies in battle so not much of a war you know.

Regardless it depicts war and even makes it a fun and entertaining experience (for the most part). Anyone who proclaims to have such a high moral standard should be disgusted.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

Oh by the way...

3 hours ago, Riggerby said:

Double Z boobs on a little girl are there for aerodynamic reasons

There was actually a paper on this: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322530755_Analysis_and_Qualitative_Effects_of_Large_Breasts_on_Aerodynamic_Performance_and_Wake_of_a_Miss_Kobayashi's_Dragon_Maid_Character

"The geometrical presence of the breasts may also have an effect in reducing drag as they smoothly redirect a portion of the air around the torso, whereas the Flat model simply forces majority of the air to stagnate at the chest, which incurs higher drag."

• Funny 3

[CATS]
Players
14,759 posts
10,885 battles
2 hours ago, Riggerby said:

Under what rock did you hide the past years?

You sound like someone who started playing the game today...

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
121 posts
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

You are playing a wargame. If your moral standards are oh so high you would be disgusted by it, uninstall it from your hard drive immediately and preach to everyone how video games such as this corrupt the youth and should be banned.

Sounds idiotic? Good, now do some self reflection as what you've written is basically the same thing.

Bit off a difference between ships shooting ships and people liking nonce cartoons wouldnt ya say tho?

Ones a video game.. the other would be enough put you on a child offenders register if you couldnt hide behind the ''theyre only drawings''/

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
121 posts

Love aswell that i posted this in the off-topic section which is seemingly where the entire anime loving populace of the game likes to reside, Lmao.

[POI--]
Players
3,912 posts
5,023 battles
1 minute ago, Riggerby said:

Love aswell that i posted this in the off-topic section which is seemingly where the entire anime loving populace of the game likes to reside, Lmao.

Not really. Most of the people in this thread I mostly see in the other more game-related sections too. Because, you know, we actually also discuss the game and other stuff...

[BLUMR]
Players
57 posts
5,311 battles

Simply put they're to enhance peoples game as not many other games can offer these exact types of ships? :Smile_izmena:

People who want these ships buy them and take pride in adding them to their collection. :cap_money:

Don't like it? Turn them off as talked about above :cap_tea:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,454 posts
13,851 battles
42 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

Bit off a difference between ships shooting ships and people liking nonce cartoons wouldnt ya say tho?

Is it, really? So the depiction of war doesn't bother you at all? Yet for some reason some thighs and cleavage of grown-a** women do? So much for your high moral standard.

42 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

Ones a video game.. the other would be enough put you on a child offenders register if you couldnt hide behind the ''theyre only drawings''/

"It's only a video game." is the same as "it's only a drawing". I guess you're just hiding behind that excuse to not land yourself a spot in the next asylum. Repent now by wiping this game from your computer before you turn into a psychopath!

[HAIFU]
Players
647 posts
2,139 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Is it, really? So the depiction of war doesn't bother you at all? Yet for some reason some thighs and cleavage of grown-a** women do? So much for your high moral standard.

"It's only a video game." is the same as "it's only a drawing". I guess you're just hiding behind that excuse to not land yourself a spot in the next asylum. Repent now by wiping this game from your computer before you turn into a psychopath!

Well said.