You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Infiriel

Wargaming support at it`s finest.

37 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Odd response indeed, the real reason is that there's a minimum amount of time needed between dying and getting the kill in order to receive the award. I don't know if that's intentional or a bug but it's been that way for years.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles

The things you learn, domination mode is not included in random battles.......

Shoutout to you support.....

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts
12 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

Odd response indeed, the real reason is that there's a minimum amount of time needed between dying and getting the kill in order to receive the award. I don't know if that's intentional or a bug but it's been that way for years.

I think it's intentional because the award is for getting a kill after you die, say from a torpedo you launched a minute ago, and a limiter has to be drawn between deciding what is 'killing each other at the same time' and 'killing after the fact'.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,075 posts
9,134 battles

Weird answer, but still:

Do not create topics/posts to share private conversations

• Exchanges with our Customer Support Services and through private messages should remain private

[UNICS]
Players
336 posts
4,811 battles

The point of this topic is to show how little wg actually cares about player support considering they are hiring people without even basic knowledge about the game to resolve player`s issues.

Personally after a hiccup like this i`m not going to buy anything from WG until they change their politics of disregarding their playerbase.

• Cool 1

Players
0 posts

please check my chat ban abuse thread. The support just cut/pasted some generic answer without looking into my problem until I started sending more tickets

Im not sure where support (for EU) is located or where the outsourcing is. But support is a kind on front-end to customer and should put a little more effort into individual tickets. (yes, i'm a paying customer)

[UNICS]
Players
336 posts
4,811 battles

Well, i got another reply saying:

" Domination is something different than random battle. "

I have no words...

• Funny 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,772 posts
10,685 battles
19 hours ago, rvfharrier said:

It's not a bug, afaik, and it actually works both ways. If both ships die is short enough succession (but it must be REALLY short), the deaths are effectively treated as simultaneous. What it means is that you can't get Flesh Wound but, on the other hand, it is possible for two ships to receive "first blood".

18 hours ago, Infiriel said:

Well, i got another reply saying:

" Domination is something different than random battle. "

I have no words...

You heard it first! :Smile_facepalm:

...seriously, I didn't think there is a need for minimum qualifications for working support (they basically do everything by the book, literally) but it really becomes apparent when you meet someone who does not meet that minimum.

19 hours ago, Infiriel said:

*edited*

Check the replay if you wanna try and explain what happens with those achievments.

20180531_160132_PJSD108-Akizuki_16_OC_bees_to_honey.wowsreplay

@MrConway, can we get some comment on the quality of support and the amount of trust we should be giving them when they tell us something about the game and/or our issues we might have?

This situation is just a funny stumble because everyone who played this game for more than a week will realize the quality of this response from Support. But that's not always the case. Support sometimes needs to give information that can't be verified so easily (after all, Support wouldn't be really needed if players could easily figure everything out on their own). If a support response shows that the WG representatives don't know what battle modes the game has, how can we ever believe that they know what they are talking about when they tell us... anything, really? When support tells us that some assistance we request is not technically possible OR that the WG policy doesn't include lending this kind of assistance - how can we know that the response doesn't come from their utter ignorance regarding technical possibilities and/or WG's actual policy?

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to: 1. Etiquette

• Cool 7

[WGP2W]
Players
1,422 posts
9,970 battles

@MrConway please hand this to support, from Boris.  I never thought this day will come, but for sure this was deserved one.

RAGE_BORIS.png

• Funny 3

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Dat reply...

Wat. 

I mean...seriously, wat???

Edit: oh now I know! 

WG hired Dave and put him in charge of customer support. 

So, it‘s Jingles fault. 

• Funny 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
876 posts
5,131 battles

I once had an answer to someone else's ticket in response to the ticket I raised.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,772 posts
10,685 battles
16 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

I once had an answer to someone else's ticket in response to the ticket I raised.

Well, things like these are just a "normal" *edited* happens, browser windows get mixed up etc. Getting a response highlighting complete lack of understanding of basic concepts of the game, however... this is not just a simple mistake made by a guy working overtime.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to: 1. Etiquette

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,772 posts
10,685 battles
4 hours ago, blindhai said:

What can you expect from the support team of a F2P Game? :) 

They could play it, it's free.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,728 posts
7,387 battles

Apparently the one who replied has not played this game.

Still funny.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
10 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

@MrConway please hand this to support, from Boris.  I never thought this day will come, but for sure this was deserved one.

RAGE_BORIS.png

oh a new seal... you must have spent big money to have that made :Smile_trollface:

[3STG]
Players
323 posts
9,985 battles
10 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

RAGE_BORIS.png

i_dont_always_domination.jpg

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
8 hours ago, blindhai said:

What can you expect from the support team of a F2P Game? :) 

4 hours ago, eliastion said:

They could play it, it's free.

Ideally they could play it or (have) play(ed) it enough to know some basic things.

But IMO the least they could do is looking into the WG wiki where it says:

5b10e6964b647_dominationmodeisnotrandombattles.thumb.PNG.bbbdf762e2dfdc073778b68cd29d2006.PNG

• Cool 1

Players
130 posts
7,677 battles

Seriously, Wargaming? Either reeducate some of your support peasants or fire "fine" examples like the one the OP shows us. BASIC. KNOWLEDGE. DAMN!

[BYOB]
Players
3,074 posts
11,057 battles
26 minutes ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

Doesn't surprise me one tiny bit..........:Smile_facepalm:

Yeah, competence is not something I associate with WG.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,769 posts
12,145 battles

Place your bets, will WG provide a good answer or will they lock this topic?

This is just really really sad...