You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkollUlfr

pensicola is abysmal

123 comments in this topic

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
116 posts
3,695 battles

fun to shoot at since guaranteed citadel with every salvo you launch at one... but being on the receiving end of the same not so much.

and with that main gun traverse speed, you cant even fire and manoeuvre. to try and off set the weakness.

is this things 'gameplay' style supposed to be "camp behind island and hope for cv"?

because right now i feel like selling and never bothering with the us cruiser line.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,671 battles
2 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

fun to shoot at since guaranteed citadel with every salvo you launch at one... but being on the receiving end of the same not so much.

and with that main gun traverse speed, you cant even fire and manoeuvre. to try and off set the weakness.

is this things 'gameplay' style supposed to be "camp behind island and hope for cv"?

because right now i feel like selling and never bothering with the us cruiser line.

Pepsi has always been that way, was probably worse at T7 as you had more BB predators...

It's one of the lol mid tier cruisers that can easily die in 1 salvo of BB AP so people fixate onto them when they're spotted. Same with the Budy.

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,669 battles

Island rape is the present and future of WoW gamplay, more to come, so either get used to it, or rather quit and save yourself. Because once you switch lines, you will hate to be on the recieving end even more since you wont be able to shoot back.

[POI--]
Players
3,908 posts
5,023 battles

Oh damn, a T6 cruiser that reacts poorly to being shot at. Sounds like almost any other T6 cruiser. So, tell me, what other T6 cruiser can boast the same devastating salvo? 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,910 posts
3,824 battles

I have been having the completely opposite experience. Pensacola right now is ridiculous: it's a T6 ship that can blast BBs like Kongou for 10k+ damage salvos, has amazing turret angles allowing it to do well against cruisers if you angle your armor, and can blap other cruisers with boatloads of citadels because of its american piercing shells.

• Cool 10

[L4GG]
Players
1,552 posts
6,285 battles
6 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

A.K.A.  floating turd.

try the cls instead.

4 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Pepsi has always been that way, was probably worse at T7 as you had more BB predators...

It's one of the lol mid tier cruisers that can easily die in 1 salvo of BB AP so people fixate onto them when they're spotted. Same with the Budy.

Excuse me ?

Ahahahah

yeap, the turd at t6 will not have a chance.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,671 battles
1 minute ago, Butterdoll said:

A.K.A.  floating turd.

try the cls instead.

Excuse me ?

Ahahahah

Half the battle with Cruisers is keeping guns silent and getting into favourable positions.

Obviously if you fire first then every red BB is going to lock onto you and no matter how much you dodge, something is going to get you...

• Cool 4

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
116 posts
3,695 battles

is the new orleans even worth the grind, or is it more of the same?

[POI--]
Players
3,908 posts
5,023 battles
1 minute ago, SkollUlfr said:

is the new orleans even worth the grind, or is it more of the same?

No. It loses the firepower advantage. Pepsi has 10 guns vs Aoba's 6. NO has 9 vs Myoko's 10.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,686 posts
9,234 battles
5 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Excuse me ?

Ahahahah

Yeah, the ship with 10 improved USN 203mm AP salvo with great firing angles, more penetration than other 203mm below tier 8 a quick rudder, good range, very good AA for that tier, and quite a bit of health is totally going to have no chance at T6.

:Smile_sceptic:

The Pensacola could be T4, and people would still complain that's it's weak because you eat citadels if you go broadside.

• Cool 5

Players
926 posts
7,200 battles

Myoko struggles to get most of them on target, though. That's a big broadside to show just to get two more guns firing. 

I'm looking forwards to Pensa at VI, should make quite an impact if played well... 

[L4GG]
Players
1,552 posts
6,285 battles
2 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Half the battle with Cruisers is keeping guns silent and getting into favourable positions.

Obviously if you fire first then every red BB is going to lock onto you and no matter how much you dodge, something is going to get you...

with the turd and nerfed never what you say it's been more true.

I don't think the turd can do in t6 what it did in t7.

Or have to be even more cautions than before.

Even with upgraded guns + that hull, it's bad.

with the stock guns... well...

[JRM]
Players
957 posts
13,484 battles

Pepsi has its weak sides (quite literraly) but somehow i always liked it taught me to use wasd myoko on the other hand i never liked, will try it if it sux i Well sell it

[L4GG]
Players
1,552 posts
6,285 battles
15 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Yeah, the ship with 10 improved USN 203mm AP salvo with great firing angles, more penetration than other 203mm below tier 8 a quick rudder, good range, very good AA for that tier, and quite a bit of health is totally going to have no chance at T6.

that it's also very true...if the transverse turret speed was remotely decent as well as the reload.

with the turd you can shoot or manoeuvre, not both, as soon you touch the rudder the guns go silent, and God forbid if you decide switch your guns side to side, the game will be over before they are ready to fire again.

But, for me, I prefer furutaka.

[L4GG]
Players
1,552 posts
6,285 battles
8 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Pepsi has its weak sides (quite literraly) but somehow i always liked it taught me to use wasd myoko on the other hand i never liked, will try it if it sux i Well sell it

If you liked the turd you will love Myoko.

Better overall ship of the two with more or less the same problem but I would say more tanky.At least you'll put on fire everything you fire upon.

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
116 posts
3,695 battles

yea. if the traverse was at least fast enough to let you keep on target i would find this ship average. but as it is, its traverse feels like a t3 dread. since you are forced to either stop firing to evade, or go half rudder+half speed to keep firing the same way.

i feel like taking out my nooberg and killing NOs for the crime of existing.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles
5 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Yeah, the ship with 10 improved USN 203mm AP salvo with great firing angles, more penetration than other 203mm below tier 8

Molotov's railguns seem to have better penetration after 9km and certainly trajectory to hit from any range.

https://mustanghx.github.io/ship_ap_calculator/

6 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Pepsi has its weak sides (quite literraly) but somehow i always liked it taught me to use wasd myoko on the other hand i never liked

Isn't the problem more like that those sides aren't weak enough to let APs through without arming their fuze?

Players
926 posts
7,200 battles

Camo and the acceleration boost module will help, then you turn the ship to aim the guns, like Queen Elizabeth. Steer an S shaped course and you can dodge and keep up an impressive artillery barrage. 

[CR-S]
Players
338 posts
18,356 battles

The new Pensa is fine :Smile_great:. First match as T6:

Spoiler

5b1039bd63293_pensat6.thumb.jpg.ae09b9e85647dc231b92e17af0cd34e6.jpg

I didn´t survive, but that´s Pensa - it loves to get blapped.

[JRM]
Players
957 posts
13,484 battles
7 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

If you liked the turd you will love Myoko.

Better overall ship of the two with more or less the same problem but I would say more tanky.At least you'll put on fire everything you fire upon.

U missunderstood me m8 i have desmo and zao and played my share of games in those arp clones and after that i ff myself over the myoko when i was grinding the line i just dont Like it, its not a bad ship as such but not my cup of cake i played all the t7 line cruisers and i only kept Fiji (apart from Atlanta) i meant i will try pepsi at t6 if it works i will keep it if not Well sell is easy, i  much more interested to try no on t7 tho on t8 it always felt underwealming but on t7 and with aniversary permanent camo maybee a keeper

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,436 posts
13,843 battles

Honestly new Pensa is hilarious. If she had better turret traverse as well as better MM she'd be OP.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,552 posts
6,285 battles
5 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

U missunderstood me m8 i have desmo and zao and played my share of games in those arp clones and after that i ff myself over the myoko when i was grinding the line i just dont Like it, its not a bad ship as such but not my cup of cake i played all the t7 line cruisers and i only kept Fiji (apart from Atlanta) i meant i will try pepsi at t6 if it works i will keep it if not Well sell is easy, i  much more interested to try no on t7 tho on t8 it always felt underwealming but on t7 and with aniversary permanent camo maybee a keeper

Same here, apart the t9s and t10s and arp ships.

the turd i'll never sell it (I don't want to pass through that again) and I will fxp the NO.

[HEATH]
Players
111 posts
11,391 battles

Dont forget, 1 game in Pensacola now, even in coop, gives u 190k elite commander xp.

• Cool 2

Quality Poster
3,365 posts
8,384 battles

Pensa is strong as hell!

Is she squishy? Yes!

Will she eat citadels when something looks at her? Yes

Is that different from other T6 cruisers? Largely no! Most T6 cruisers are squishy and eat citadels. But only few cruisers have the AP punch.

So yeah, learn her differences and play her to her strengths. Like any other ship.

• Cool 3