Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GenPzTrp

Z-39

13 comments in this topic

Question

[D-O-P]
Players
5 posts
4,033 battles

Why is the Z-39 as a destroyer of 1936A (mob) class not designed as it was? 

There is one single barreled L/50 rapidfire gun 5x15cm missing in front of the aft AA guns. 

Even the destroyer of class 1934 already had five guns (12,7 cm L/45). As a advancement the class 1936 also had those. There were just changes in structure and propulsion. 

The changes to 1936A were the 15cm guns but with the same amount at the same places and the better AA capabilities (even with 8,6cm rockets). The (mob) "Mobilmachung" class was just an other series with minor changes to 1936A.

So: would you please create the "Narviks" as they were built in Bremen?

For further information check the construction plans (the german ones), go to "Deutsches Schifffahrtmuseum Bremerhaven", or check the internet (for the right class at the right historical time).

Kind regards

yours

12 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
Players
4,179 posts
6,766 battles
2 hours ago, GenPzTrp said:

Well... no. You are wrong. I am sorry. It was constructed with 5x15cm. Please dont just look at pictures (and if so look at the right ones). You obviously choose a picture from wikipedia. Please also be so kind and read the quick facts armament then. As I mentioned the Z-39 was a destroyer of 1936 A (mod) class. You will see that they had 5x15cm.

Thank yoz

Funny how confident, and at the same time how wrong you are :Smile_teethhappy:

Them being the same class doesn't mean all ships have to be perfectly identical

Up to Z-38 they did have the 3x single turrets on the aft section, you can easily find pics of that youself

In all pics Z-39 the forward-most of those 3 is replaced by extra AA batteries in every picture you can find. I've seen only 3 pics of the ship while in German service, and in neither of those it's possible to tell what's in that position due to low quality and / or lighting. It might have had the extra gun in 43 / 44, but definitely didn't have it in 45 - which is the version we have in the game

Best pic showing this... well, whatever

color.gif

Here's a drawing showing Z-39 from port, starboard and top:

47d2f385d7581019b4d85a3f2560abe9.png

13th August, 1945:

0593906.jpg0593913.jpg

^ this right here is where you want to find your gun

22nd August, 1945:

0593902.jpg

12th September, 1945:

0593911.jpg

0593910.jpg

0593912.jpg

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,179 posts
6,766 battles

Z-39 never had that turret. It carried twin turret forward and 2x single turrets aft - exactly as we have it in the game

German_destroyer_Z39_underway_off_Boston

[D-O-P]
Players
5 posts
4,033 battles

Well... no. You are wrong. I am sorry. It was constructed with 5x15cm. Please dont just look at pictures (and if so look at the right ones). You obviously choose a picture from wikipedia. Please also be so kind and read the quick facts armament then. As I mentioned the Z-39 was a destroyer of 1936 A (mod) class. You will see that they had 5x15cm.

Thank yoz

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
368 posts
7,242 battles

It's worth noting that Premium Destroyer Z-39 is a representation of the specific destroyer Z-39 and not the class Type 1936(A) generally, as is regularly the theme in WoWS, standard ships represent classes whereas premiums represent a specific vessel, notable within its class or unique.

Z39 was fitted with additional 37mm and 20mm AA guns instead of the 3rd aft 15cm gun and was the only one of the 1936(A) class to do so.

[D-O-P]
Players
5 posts
4,033 battles

My god gentlemen! Read the discription of your own pictures! It is the DD 934! After the Z was captured by the brits it was given to the americans and after that to the french. Furthermore the z-39 became the Dd939. So even that picture is not correct.

Whether the allies modified the ship or not is irrelevant! 

As mentioned this premium ship represents the whole class so it should be like it was when built. 

I really recommend warmly a visit to the german navy museum.

[D-O-P]
Players
5 posts
4,033 battles
7 minutes ago, GenPzTrp said:

My god gentlemen! Read the discription of your own Pictures please. It is the DD 934 at least on two of them! After the Z was captured by the brits it was given to the americans and after that to the french. Furthermore the z-39 became the Dd939. So here you show pictures of different ships to prove one question. 

And please do not use any chinese or other asian construction "paintwork" to show german engineering. Also you should crosscheck your Wikipedia pictures with other sources.

As mentioned this premium ship represents the whole class so it should be like it was when built. 

368 posts
7,242 battles
40 minutes ago, GenPzTrp said:

My god gentlemen! Read the discription of your own pictures! It is the DD 934! After the Z was captured by the brits it was given to the americans and after that to the french. Furthermore the z-39 became the Dd939. So even that picture is not correct.

The Type 1936(A) destroyers were fitted with either 4 or 5 15cm guns, depending on wether or not they had a twin or single gun in the fore position. Z39 of the Type 1936(A) class, however,  was fitted with a twin fore turret but only two aft single turrets. In place of her 3rd aft turret she was fitted with 2 4x20mm 2 2x20mm cannons. She was the only Type 1936 destroyer with this configuration (that is why she was chosen by WG to be a premium). The germans replaced the gun with AA as part of Project Barbara, I do not believe Z39 ever launched with the 5th gun fitted.

Besides, the burden of proof is on you. Please show us a single picture or source that claims the Z39 was ever fitted with 5 guns. Do not source the Type 1936(A), but Z39 of the class specifically.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,179 posts
6,766 battles
3 hours ago, GenPzTrp said:

It is the DD 934

1st of all it's DD-939 (git gud at reading). You can see how different the 4 looks when you look at the year on those pictures (and even then it's only the last 3 images of the 8 I provided - less than a half)

And what is the DD-939?

Or even what is Q-128?

Answers -> Z-39 in US service (1945-47) and Z-39 in French service (1948-64)

It really would help if you bothered to do any research before starting bit**ing and whining here:fish_palm: As it is right now you're just making yourself look like a dumba**

3 hours ago, GenPzTrp said:

No, actually as mentioned by @Benser a  premium ship represents itself,  while a silver ship represents the class :fish_palm:

[D-O-P]
Players
5 posts
4,033 battles

Screenshot_20180601-001311_Wikipedia.thumb.jpg.ab079de626a36dbef3ff7012196f7c1f.jpgWell... you are turning in circles. I am sorry but you get me borred. Really... so it will be: a kid from somewhere knowing his small village as center of the world discussing with one actually worked at a war museum . Where are the times when people talked to each other the same niveau?

As you can see it had four guns after transfer to the allies. That is not original. 

Screenshot_20180601-001637_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180601-001400_Wikipedia.jpg

Screenshot_20180601-002257_Samsung Internet.jpg

368 posts
7,242 battles

I am not sure if your English comprehension does not allow you to understand, and if not then you are simply too ignorant to even try to understand.

The Type 1936A destroyers were commonly refered to as Z-23 class destroyers.

The early Type 1936A destroyers are in the game as Z-23 hull A, featuring 4 single 15cm turrets, 1 fore and 3 aft (exactly as the real Z-23 to Z-30 destroyers of the 1936A class were).

The later modified Type 1936A (Mob) destroyers are in the game as Z-23 hull B, with the fore single turret replaced with a 15cm dual barrel turret, exactly like the destroyers Z-31 to Z-39 were (it is as you have described, with 5x 15cm rifles in 3 aft single turrets and 1 fore dual turret).

Z-39 is based upon that hull B, however the Z-39 ingame is after she was further modified as part of Project Barbara which removed her 3rd aft turret in order to mount additional AA guns. The ship in-game even states this in the ship description. This modification occured between the date that she was launched and the date that she was comissioned. This is even proven in your own evidence above;

image.thumb.png.1399e09bb8991213ee544e245c89d726.png

Stop confusing the 1936A class of destroyers (represented by Z-23 ingame) with the specific destroyer Z-39 of that class (represented by Z-39 in game). Z-39 ingame is of the specific configuration she had at the time her service in the Kreigsmarine ended.

If you really want your "Narvik", play a fully upgraded Z-23.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,179 posts
6,766 battles
2 hours ago, GenPzTrp said:
Spoiler

Screenshot_20180601-001311_Wikipedia.thumb.jpg.ab079de626a36dbef3ff7012196f7c1f.jpgWell... you are turning in circles. I am sorry but you get me borred. Really... so it will be: a kid from somewhere knowing his small village as center of the world discussing with one actually worked at a war museum . Where are the times when people talked to each other the same niveau?

As you can see it had four guns after transfer to the allies. That is not original. 

Screenshot_20180601-001637_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180601-001400_Wikipedia.jpg

Screenshot_20180601-002257_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes, please, post more Klingon stuff here, I'm sure we'll all have fun reading some random gibberish

As I've already said (and provided photographic evidence) - while Z-39 might have had that gun in 43/44, it definitely didn't in 45 - which is what we have in game.

Me going in circles? Yeah, I'm going back to the correct answer while you're doing your best trying to prove that you're a mong :fish_palm:

If you by any chance can get your 1-and-a-half (and I'm being generous with that assessment) braincells to work for a second or two - maybe you can also read what's said on the Z-39 preview right below ships name:

830571a2-1811-11e8-9f1a-d89d6715223c.jpg

Finally got it? Or you still fail to understand?

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,387 posts
6,090 battles

Just to add, as several guys posted here rather extensively (esp. @wilkatis_LV), the Z-39 in game represents... The Z-39. As such, she was a Type 1936A(Mob) destroyer differing from the earlier ships of the same class by replacing one 15cm gun mount with additional AA. She is in game in this configuration, which, by the way, is based on an extensive research done by our archive team with help by a guy sitting right across the desk from me who was digging through the German archives for them :)

Please also note that such differences within class were no exception. Just take a look at the Admiral Hipper class cruisers (both as completed and as serving) or even Astoria/New Orleans class.  

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this