Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Wallet_Warrior

Premium Shop Broken

26 comments in this topic

Players
208 posts

Been trying to buy the British Captain and some Bismark boxes a few times now using different payment methods and each time I get the "something went wrong" dialog box. 

Doesn't make much difference though as I can't get in the actual game itself but I wanted to load it with boxes and doubloons before I got into it. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles

Suggestion: Wait till the game is actually up and running and try again then.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
943 posts
13,466 battles

Probably reshuffling the shop as well patience m8

• Cool 1

[3STG]
Players
323 posts
9,985 battles

Dunno if this is to be true, but during xmas I bought several times 1 or 5 crate packs and after about +5 to 8(ish, maybe even 10) purchases I got the same message. So there may be a limit in daily purchases (either your paying method is the limiter or WG), could this be the case? Everything worked out normally in the next day.

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
8 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

:cap_money:

Patience is a virtue, oh hillariously named one. (wish mine had anything other than mothballs in it currently)

Players
208 posts
12 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Patience is a virtue, oh hillariously named one. (wish mine had anything other than mothballs in it currently)

I am not a patient man young padiwan 

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
Just now, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

I am not a patient man young padiwan 

That much is rather apparent, and neither am I young.

Edit: Also, its "padawan" :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Players
208 posts
28 minutes ago, lafeel said:

That much is rather apparent, and neither am I young.

Edit: Also, its "padawan" :Smile-_tongue:

you say Potato, I say Starch Sausage  :cap_book:

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
27 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

Just got back into the game and magically premium shop is now working for me too. 

Is Warspite worth it as a crew trainer for Conqueror captain?

She's worth it for her history alone tbh. Can't really comment on her ability to train up captains however.

• Cool 1

Players
208 posts
9 minutes ago, lafeel said:

She's worth it for her history alone tbh. Can't really comment on her ability to train up captains however.

I bought it anyway it's only 20 quid after all :Smile_coin:

[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles
33 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

Just got back into the game and magically premium shop is now working for me too. 

Is Warspite worth it as a crew trainer for Conqueror captain?

Unless you plan to have some whacky non-standard build on Conqueror, Warspite works as a crew trainer. Ship is not too similar, but uses standard BB skills on captains and performs decently well. Purely for captain training, I'd call Hood the better trainer, because T7 MM and as the ship has fast turret traverse and is a BB, you can even train British CL captains with the ship (not needing EM skill and having SI anyway).

For historical value, Warspite is worth it though and if not up vs T8, performs quite well. Against T8... well, just don't rush in (as if you could at that speed.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
3 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

I bought it anyway it's only 20 quid after all :Smile_coin:

Plus, any ship that survived both World Wars deserves a spot in any port.

Players
332 posts
7,604 battles
44 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Unless you plan to have some whacky non-standard build on Conqueror, Warspite works as a crew trainer. Ship is not too similar, but uses standard BB skills on captains and performs decently well. Purely for captain training, I'd call Hood the better trainer, because T7 MM and as the ship has fast turret traverse and is a BB, you can even train British CL captains with the ship (not needing EM skill and having SI anyway).

For historical value, Warspite is worth it though and if not up vs T8, performs quite well. Against T8... well, just don't rush in (as if you could at that speed.

Now if only they put Warspite guns on the Hood, I would be delighted!

[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles
9 minutes ago, peoplescavalry said:

Now if only they put Warspite guns on the Hood, I would be delighted!

Hood is an entirely different ship and if it carried the Warspite guns, I'd call it borderline OP. Both ships are imo solid premiums.

Warspite is for T6 not too slow, but certainly not fast, which won't matter if pitted vs T5, but certainly does matter vs T8. The ship has excellent turning rates and radius. That's pretty much where the good qualities of the hull end. 25 mm plating all over is a pain to deal with even on her own tier, the firing arcs are decent, the AA is not very good, the secondaries are ok if you get close, but typically don't matter. The guns are excellent in regards to accuracy and penetration and only lack range (which combined with the speed means you should not chase stuff too far, because you need to stay close to the action). Warspite basically is a set of sniper rifles on a mediocre hull that is not bad, but also not good.

Hood is almost the opposite. For its tier, that hull is just incredible. Best hp on its tier, an armour scheme that allows for incredible tanking if you angle (bow and stern get overmatched and superstructure is vulnerable, but the rest of the hull is highly resistant to HE and AP shells at an angle, with 51 mm deck armour that even a Roon cannot penetrate without IFHE), speed is excellent, turning radius is ok, but helped by the speed to complete the turn fast, AA is above average (rockets scare planes off) and the firing arcs are incredible, to allow angling without loss of firepower. Turret traverse also is fast and needs no EM to be comfortable. The guns meanwhile are decidedly mediocre to almost worst at the tier. But that doesn't mean they are complete trash. Their accuracy is not Warspite level, but acceptable for BBs (try Gneisenau or Lyon), the penetration doesn't work well against BB citadel, but on broadsides you still get penetrations and 38 cm guns overmatch bows of T7 and below still, so these guns are still serviceable. If fired at cruisers, these guns get far less overpens and still hit citadels nicely. Not to mention AP penetrations on DDs. Against cruisers, hood is just brutal, thanks to the combination of anti-cruiser guns and the sheer survivability and resistance against HE damage. So, these are guns that are very mediocre (apart from penetration they are still more reliable than the Gneisenau) on arguably the best T7 hull (it's flat out better than the Nagato, Scharnhorst/Gneisenau have better armour, but given ships can still citadel a Gneisenau through the bow with overmatch...).

• Cool 1

Players
208 posts

Wellllll I got the Warspite and I think it is an amazing ship especially at top tier, when it's against tier 8s it gets spanked a little so you need to sit deep in the pack, it's not like a Tirpitz which can YOLO in some cases but is like the Tirpitz in that it gets more dangerous the closer you get to it. 

Also I wanna know where the new yank crates are....

[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles
7 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

Wellllll I got the Warspite and I think it is an amazing ship especially at top tier, when it's against tier 8s it gets spanked a little so you need to sit deep in the pack, it's not like a Tirpitz which can YOLO in some cases but is like the Tirpitz in that it gets more dangerous the closer you get to it. 

That's true for like every BB ever from Mikasa to Yamato. Just not all ships fare well at staying alive at mid and close ranges compared to adversaries. Warspite mainly excels at mid-range, as it has a limited range and it has good accuracy, while the armour is pretty underwhelming. If you take Warspite close up against ships like the Bayern, you pretty much are throwing away the accuracy advantage.

• Cool 1

Players
208 posts
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

That's true for like every BB ever from Mikasa to Yamato. Just not all ships fare well at staying alive at mid and close ranges compared to adversaries. Warspite mainly excels at mid-range, as it has a limited range and it has good accuracy, while the armour is pretty underwhelming. If you take Warspite close up against ships like the Bayern, you pretty much are throwing away the accuracy advantage.

two games ago I went one on one with a Bayern at point blank range in a Kraken game for me (check WoWS-Numbers - the game will be my record game in a Warspite with a >100k dmg game). Yamato sucks at point blank when the gun depression is not low enough to hit cruisers or DDs.

[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles
1 minute ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

two games ago I went one on one with a Bayern at point blank range in a Kraken game for me (check WoWS-Numbers - the game will be my record game in a Warspite with a >100k dmg game). Yamato sucks at point blank when the gun depression is not low enough to hit cruisers or DDs.

It's not that it cannot be done. It's just that at 10 km range or more, Warspite has a way easier time hitting the Bayern than the other way round and Bayern is not coated in 25 mm overmatchable plating.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,069 posts
5,839 battles

Did I read earlier that the new American mission starts tomorrow? If so, perhaps the relevant containers will be launched in the shop tomorrow as well?

Sign in to follow this