MTW112358

My world of warships file is 54GB and isn't finished installing

5 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2 posts
109 battles

I just thougt I say that I use OS

Recently I tried to redownlad world of warships, as I completely removed it from my computer a couple of months ago.  So I look at the system requirements for this game and it says it requires 42GB.  That is fine my computer has 58GB  (screen shot 1).  So I download the lancher for mac and let it download.  First of all a 5GB download (screen shot 2) and then a second 15GB download (screen shot 3).

Once the 15GB download has completed, as is extracting files i get a message saying it need another 14GB of hard drive (screen shot 4).  So I check my hard and it is full (screen shot 5).  So I check how big the world of warships size is and it is 55GB (screen shot 6).

At the time this was downloading I wasn't do any thing on my computer, so nothing else was taking space.  Also the download was a total of 20GB yet it wants 50GB on top meaning the whole thing would take 70GB.  This is vastly above the requirements of 42GB and on the forums most peoples were 30GB.

Thanks MTW112358

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

4 answers to this question

Players
2 posts
109 battles

Okay, but it is still taking up 54GB, and im not yet able to play it, as it hasnt finished.  It wants to take up a totol of 70 GB which is bigger than some of the largest games out there (e.g. far cry 5).  Does it normaly take people 70GB to have the game running

[LORDS]
Players
1 post
626 battles

When the game is being freshly installed you need to download the install files. The 5 ish GB base files and the 15 ish GB update files. Then it has to actually install the game which is the 30-40 ish GB depending on high or ultra selected option. Which produces the 60-70 ish GB or so size. AFTER the game has been installed the client cleans up the install files dropping the size to the end result of 30-40 ish GB size. So during install it will always be larger as it needs to get the files for install then build the game but it cleans up those files after its done.

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles
16 minutes ago, MTW112358 said:

Okay, but it is still taking up 54GB, and im not yet able to play it, as it hasnt finished.  It wants to take up a totol of 70 GB which is bigger than some of the largest games out there (e.g. far cry 5).  Does it normaly take people 70GB to have the game running

Because the installation is not finished...

Sign in to follow this