You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
chaosrealm93

0.7.5 and new EULA

47 comments in this topic

Players
444 posts
6,398 battles

who else got hit with a dialog asking to confirm the new EULA when they updated to 0.7.5?

like most, i just clicked accept without reading anything.  did anyone actually read/know what it is?

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,119 posts
5,880 battles

This is NA EULA. Someone read for EU? Is it same or changed to this?

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,046 posts
10,980 battles
15 minutes ago, chaosrealm93 said:

who else got hit with a dialog asking to confirm the new EULA when they updated to 0.7.5?

like most, i just clicked accept without reading anything.  did anyone actually read/know what it is?

Yeah, I did. It's still the EU EULA that states that WG can be sued using your native country's customer laws.

9 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

This is NA EULA. Someone read for EU? Is it same or changed to this?

That's the new EULA for NA. They got shafted pretty hard, since now they can't criticize WG without losing their accounts.

• Cool 2

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,119 posts
5,880 battles
11 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

That's the new EULA for NA. They got shafted pretty hard, since now they can't criticize WG without losing their accounts.

Yeah, already edited mine. Was curious did they do the same for EU but you already answered my question

Players
4 posts
865 battles

Got it too (and accepted of course).

Something different now is, that I can't connect to the server after the update. let's see what the support comes up with (posted a ticket for that).

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,046 posts
10,980 battles

Here's a link to the EU EULA -> http://legal.eu.wargaming.net/en/eula/

The most important articles are 11 "Warranties and Liability", 12 "Applicable Jurisdiction", and 14 "NO Restriction of Consumer Rights".

2 minutes ago, McMax_DK said:

Something different now is, that I can't connect to the server after the update. let's see what the support comes up with (posted a ticket for that).

That's normal on patch day, it takes WG some time to restart the server.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,229 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, McMax_DK sagte:

let's see what the support comes up with

perhaps that you should read the patch notes?

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
844 posts
5,103 battles

That's a fairly 'interesting' clause  - you can loose your account for criticising WG.

I could understand if this was based on slander but just for criticising?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WCWVE]
Players
770 posts
11,990 battles

Just checking up on the clause because I think that the clause about not owning what you purchase might be a breach of some laws 

[-TXG-]
Players
2,354 posts
50 minutes ago, McMax_DK said:

Got it too (and accepted of course).

It's not something different, it is the same every patch, there is a time when the server is back up.....try reading the patch notes ffs. No wonder important tickets take so long to answer when there are piles of idiot tickets to wade through. :Smile_sceptic:

[HARF]
Players
310 posts
9,922 battles

I believe it means that premiums are at risk at being directly changed. Also sounds like they are expecting dissent..... and want to stop it, Kremlin style.

So what happens if you decline to agree with the EULA? I dare say that you will not be able to play at all.

Sounds like you have a choice between getting your game taken away or your rights. What a shame ,thought WG was improving, but it seems not. There will be the usual 2 or 3 WG apologists that will enter the thread imminently and start to belittle people but the fact remains, this is as crooked as a 9 euro bank note.

• Cool 2

[WGP2W]
Players
1,415 posts
9,917 battles

Praised be Wargaming for making this beautiful game for  smart people! So easy to understand that we do not need tutorials!
Also their game is so realistic , take for example unique BBAP vs DD and you will see that none game have such high quality developing.
I must admit, I have never ever and probably WILL NEVER find so great, realistic, awesome same game about naval.

May I also add, that Premium ships are cheap? Considering other games, wargaming store is easy... CHEAP!

LONG LIVE NEW EULA!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 2

[WCWVE]
Players
770 posts
11,990 battles

WG: - can we have some guidance on what we can say in the forum with regards to the new end user licence agreement, are we allowed to voice complaints or does everything have to go through the ticket route

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,391 posts
8,709 battles

They might have the right to ban people for this but if they try to actually do it, the shitstorm will be quite enormous (I imagine).

Regarding the ownership of our purchases - I was under the impression that I never "owned" anything in WoWS anyway.

Maybe they want to give older players an incentive to buy new premium ships by nerfing old ones :cap_hmm:

Which of course would be a great thing!

Players
166 posts
8,941 battles

Until they dont act as stated in new EULA everything is ok,after acting they loose in every court in EU as violations written in already in their new EULA.Exception will be Russian Federation as there are no independent court.

They must rename selling-buying relationship if they want to avoid accusations of fraud.

[_OPC_]
Players
358 posts
11,381 battles
  1. Criticism can get you banned.

9.3.6 the Fansite will not post material that is disparaging, illegal or infringes on the rights of any third party or that damages (or that might damage) the reputation of Wargaming or of any of the Games;

9.4 If you fail to comply with any of the terms set out in this section, we reserve the right to terminate your license over the Fansite Content and also to close your Account.

XAXAXA, welcom back to CCCP ... hell Stalin is laughing in his grave and looks like NKVD  / KGB are still fine ... waiting for a clause to freely shoot players in the back of the head.

WG, how about full refund for damage caused to my sanity?

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,391 posts
8,709 battles
2 minutes ago, morgoroth said:
  1. Criticism can get you banned.

9.3.6 the Fansite will not post material that is disparaging, illegal or infringes on the rights of any third party or that damages (or that might damage) the reputation of Wargaming or of any of the Games;

9.4 If you fail to comply with any of the terms set out in this section, we reserve the right to terminate your license over the Fansite Content and also to close your Account.

XAXAXA, welcom back to CCCP ... hell Stalin is laughing in his grave and looks like NKVD  / KGB are still fine ... waiting for a clause to freely shoot players in the back of the head.

WG, how about full refund for damage to my sanity?

Well, in Russia far worse can happen to you for spreading "gay propaganda" :Smile_hiding: I think the new EULA is a nice cross between RU and US mentality!

• Funny 2

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

Yep. That is another Jimquisition video in the making. Then again hardly anything changed. Every eula since wots launch has Clearly stated that you only own a revocable licence to premium tanks and that gold etc aren't refundable. It is also obvious you don't own any ship because then everyone could just claim possession and sue everyone else for it. 

The ban part is where the brown wind shall originate from. As well as the revoking of licences to use the content to make money (wg had made a general statement before that allowed everyone who wanted to use the content in this way).

@MrConway this is going to be one heck of a mess should it apply to EU as well. 

• Cool 1

[_OPC_]
Players
358 posts
11,381 battles
1 minute ago, aboomination said:

Well, in Russia far worse can happen to you for spreading "gay propaganda" :Smile_hiding:

Well, after all Russia is not a country ... it is a state of mind :P

• Funny 1

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,304 battles

Meh, I don't pay much attention to game EULAs. Why? Because theoretically, WG can ban you for anything they want, they have that right. Obviously if they abuse it, regardless of what it says in the EULA, they'll have a PR ****storm that they'll back out of. Not to mention most players wouldn't take an unjust ban to court, too expensive and uncertain. So I see the company-player relationship as more tacit than anything that's written in the EULA.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,391 posts
8,709 battles
1 minute ago, THE_GREEN_SCORPION said:

ANYONE HAS PROBLEMS CONNECTING TO GAME???

No play on patch day :Smile_trollface: