Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
valoaa

Super containers with 10 or 20 million credits

35 comments in this topic

[POMF]
Players
84 posts
5,791 battles

Been wanting to post this for a while.

Whatever happened to getting 10,000,000 or 20,000,000 credits in containers?

This definitely used to be a thing.

Does anybody else get these anymore? When was the last time you received one?

It think it may have changed when they made a few amendments to super containers a while back, changing 5 reward signals to 4 for example.

Modder
3,887 posts
6,947 battles

There are no credits anymore in super containers. Long, long time ago WG did change that with a patch (edit: It was patch 0.6.8 from 19. July 2017).

And regarding all the ways to get credits, the majority of the players praised this decision.

Edited by principat121

[POMF]
Players
84 posts
5,791 battles
1 minute ago, principat121 said:

There are no credits anymore in super containers. Long, long time ago WG did change that with a patch.

And regarding all the ways to get credits, the majority of the players praised this decision.

I remember players not wanting them in super containers because they would rather 50,000 free XP or 100 camouflages for example, but surely if you actually select credits you could get a large amount of credits in a super container, as we all know there is still a small chance to get one by not selecting super container.

Players
2,743 posts
15,601 battles

why make a topic about something most people are glad its gone?

• Bad 1

[WGP2W]
Players
1,422 posts
9,971 battles

I wish, WG could see this topic and return credits in SC.

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
15 minutes ago, principat121 said:

There are no credits anymore in super containers. Long, long time ago WG did change that with a patch (edit: It was patch 0.6.8 from 19. July 2017).

*Most of the vocal players on the forum may have praised the decision.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
35 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Does anybody else get these anymore? When was the last time you received one?

Not really, but I dont get Super Containers in general for months ......

• Cool 3

Players
114 posts

Actually most people did not want the credits removed and there was uproar regarding, those that wanted it removed were high skilled players on premium accounts.

Us mere mortals were less than impressed with the shite ship downgrades that were added in instead of the credits as this made our lives harder and required more grinding than was healthy to obtain high tier ships.

[RAGE]
Players
116 posts
2,316 battles

Never have enough credits. What I'd give for one of those containers rn... Although I just take regular credit containers now for the little, admittedly fairly negligable boost that it gives me.

[CRU_]
Players
144 posts
5,626 battles
46 minutes ago, Streef_ said:

Never have enough credits. What I'd give for one of those containers rn... Although I just take regular credit containers now for the little, admittedly fairly negligable boost that it gives me.

Really? i always default to signals containers.

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts
4 hours ago, valoaa said:

I remember players not wanting them in super containers because they would rather 50,000 free XP or 100 camouflages for example, but surely if you actually select credits you could get a large amount of credits in a super container, as we all know there is still a small chance to get one by not selecting super container.

As far as I'm aware if you roll a Supercontainer it doesn't pay attention to what type of container you selected.

Mind you I've not had a supercontainer for at least 4 months and I usually open 3 containers a day.

I'm glad there aren't credits in Supercontainers, I now have more than I'm ever likely to use up.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,139 posts
5,915 battles

Why would we need SCs with credits when we can earn those quickly with premium acc, ships and special or premium camo, signals... :Smile_sceptic:

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,779 posts
10,685 battles

This game practically throws credits in your face at every turn. I can understand that someone who's grinding new lines hard, never selling ships (but also hardly playing "completed" ones), using premium consumables etc. can, potentially, have credits problems - but, in general, credits are ridiculously easy to come by compared to most other resources. And there are freeXP premiums if you really need a premium ship for credit grinding... PLUS now you can even sell trash camos and signals for some extra money...

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Iirc, you can get 5million credits from a super container, but i may be wrong tho.

I have enough credits for at least an entire new line and make profit everyone game.

WG stated a while back, that the credit income is too high and i agree. It‘s way too easy to get enough credits ( and XP in my opinion) even when badly played, which allows plebs to die their way up the tech tree way too fast.

Credit income should get one or three treatments with the nerfbat. 

[3STG]
Players
323 posts
9,985 battles
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Iirc, you can get 5million credits from a super container, but i may be wrong tho.

I have enough credits for at least an entire new line and make profit everyone game.

WG stated a while back, that the credit income is too high and i agree. It‘s way too easy to get enough credits ( and XP in my opinion) even when badly played games, which allows plebs to die their way up the tech tree way too fast.

I'm ok with the credit income but the XP thing is out of hands. With all the boosts it is way too easy to grind high tier ships. Ofc I'm not fan the old system either, but somewhere in between it would be ok.

And I would be delighted to get a 10 or 20m credit container once in a while. I run Premium account but lately have not been interested in a sh1tfest gaming in Mo or Mushimushi, so when I grind a new ship I have no credits for it.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
479 posts
8,290 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

This game practically throws credits in your face at every turn. I can understand that someone who's grinding new lines hard, never selling ships (but also hardly playing "completed" ones), using premium consumables etc. can, potentially, have credits problems - but, in general, credits are ridiculously easy to come by compared to most other resources. And there are freeXP premiums if you really need a premium ship for credit grinding... PLUS now you can even sell trash camos and signals for some extra money...

11 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

WG stated a while back, that the credit income is too high and i agree. It‘s way too easy to get enough credits ( and XP in my opinion) even when badly played, which allows plebs to die their way up the tech tree way too fast.

Note: statements above apply to pvp modes (eventually operations); standard coop gets screwed on every turn (pitiful earnings, no flags for achievemnts, no campaigns, barely any missions etc).

WG should nerf pvp/ops earnings and make bots smarter (while nerfing their "RPF" a bit) and buff standard coop earnings.

• Bad 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,779 posts
10,685 battles
17 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

Note: statements above apply to pvp modes (eventually operations); standard coop gets screwed on every turn (pitiful earnings, no flags for achievemnts, no campaigns, barely any missions etc).

WG should nerf pvp/ops earnings and make bots smarter (while nerfing their "RPF" a bit) and buff standard coop earnings.

Why.

WoWs is intended as PvP game. Coop was meant as a mode to familiarize oneself with the basics of the game or - maybe - of a new ship. I mean, maybe it could use some extra discount so that people don't lose so much money if they launch coop at higher tiers, but actually getting relevant rewards for smacking piniatas? Why should a battle mode that poses no challenge whatsoever give earnings in any way comparable to the real battle modes where winning/scoring well actually requires some modicum of effort? And as for serious PvE - well, we actually do have it, the operations are just that. These, yes, these could be better rewarded.

As for coops though... At best, as mentioned, service costs might be looked into a bit (perhaps even coops should earn even less but be free instead).

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
479 posts
8,290 battles
15 minutes ago, eliastion said:

smacking piniatas

And ops using same ai r2hard (judging by the other thread).

lol.

Shoo, shoo gardener's dog.

Oh, and:

15 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Coop was meant as a mode to familiarize oneself with the basics of the game or - maybe - of a new ship.

Huh? NOW you're telling me? After I FINALLY unlocked most of tier 7 boats and elited akizuki, after almost all of my grinding was done exclusively in standard coop (I have like ~100 games outside of it)? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Guess I didn't get a memo.

:v

So, no, you're wrong. Standard coop is relevant and should be rewarded accordingly ESPECIALLY since PVP SCRUBS are so bad in it, since ops using same ai are said to be TOO HARD FOR PUBBIES. Also: I'm kind of tired after years of being treated as third class citizen despite playing the same game, getting shafted by wg and poo'd on by pvp scrublords who ACTUALLY GET BETTER REWARDS FOR BEING BAD, AND SUCKING THEIR WAY TO TIER 10 IN A PACE THAT MAKES ME SICK. Especially since I genuinely do my best and carry CLUELESS PVP ELITURDS WHO CAME TO COOP EXPECTING GOD MODE AND GOT SHREDDED IN SECONDS.

/rant

• Bad 1

Players
944 posts
5,328 battles
47 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

carry CLUELESS PVP ELITURDS WHO CAME TO COOP EXPECTING GOD MODE AND GOT SHREDDED IN SECONDS

This is the part that got me

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,553 battles
1 hour ago, orzel286 said:

And ops using same ai r2hard (judging by the other thread).

lol.

Shoo, shoo gardener's dog.

Sorry but are you misunderstanding him on purpose?

We are talking about coop here and NOT about ops.

So, no, you're wrong. Standard coop is relevant and should be rewarded accordingly ESPECIALLY since PVP SCRUBS are so bad in it, since ops using same ai are said to be TOO HARD FOR PUBBIES. Also: I'm kind of tired after years of being treated as third class citizen despite playing the same game, getting shafted by wg and poo'd on by pvp scrublords who ACTUALLY GET BETTER REWARDS FOR BEING BAD, AND SUCKING THEIR WAY TO TIER 10 IN A PACE THAT MAKES ME SICK.

No the AI in coop isn't the same as in ops.

At least last time I played ops the bots stayed on their intended patrol path and didn't all charge straight in mindlessly.

Especially since I genuinely do my best and carry CLUELESS PVP ELITURDS WHO CAME TO COOP EXPECTING GOD MODE AND GOT SHREDDED IN SECONDS.

/rant

Yes this is why normal joe averages with ~52% winrate usualy get 90+% WR in coop......

Keep deluding yourself mate.

Yes Coop is smacking pinatas and no you shouldn't get the same rewards than against the artificially more oganized bots in ops and certainly not more than against real players regardless of their low skill. (you can just as well meet a superunicum)

This all isn't even cosidering that in coop there are normally less bots in total than in ops and they usualy stay in one blob (except on some maps that doesn't allow this) and hence never surround you if you don't screw up massively.

• Cool 2

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
479 posts
8,290 battles
34 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Sorry but are you misunderstanding him on purpose?

We are talking about coop here and NOT about ops.

*sigh*

No the AI in coop isn't the same as in ops.

At least last time I played ops the bots stayed on their intended patrol path and didn't all charge straight in mindlessly.

No? It's pretty much the same ai, just slightly buffed and using different pathing.

Yes this is why normal joe averages with ~52% winrate usualy get 90+% WR in coop......

Keep deluding yourself mate.

And about 20k average dmg.

Yes Coop is smacking pinatas and no you shouldn't get the same rewards than against the artificially more oganized bots in ops and certainly not more than against real players regardless of their low skill. (you can just as well meet a superunicum)

This all isn't even cosidering that in coop there are normally less bots in total than in ops and they usualy stay in one blob (except on some maps that doesn't allow this) and hence never surround you if you don't screw up massively.

tl:dr: HURR DURR YOU'RE NOT PLEYING THE GAME THE WAY I DO SO GET FKD

Also: let me turn this logic on it's head: why bot games which are tough for dds/paper armored ships due to insane focus, bot accuracy in higher tiers and bot torpedobeats should be rewarded less than sealclubbing clueless glue eaters (or BEING a clueless glue eater)? Why are ops different? Because bots have different paths and there are *gasp* DIFFERENT OBJECTIVES?

I don't think you ever saw a bot blob clearing a flank out of the supposedly "intelligent" hoomanz. Or ever was on the receiving end while rest of your team lemminged the other side. In any case  - from what I've seen? "Artificial intelligence">>>>>>>>>genuine stupidity.

I really REALLY hope wg can make bots even smarter, deadlier, more concentrated on objectives just so pvp scrubs can cry harder both in ops and standard coop.

[CU]
Players
298 posts
3,439 battles
32 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

No? It's pretty much the same ai, just slightly buffed and using different pathing.

So no, not the same AI at all.

If people took co-op seriously they would probably have higher scores. I'm would guess the majority just play co-op purely for shits and giggles, or to occasionally test out a new build or more recently to grind out secondary farming.

If you think co-op isn't smacking piniatas, you are deluded, when grinding my secondaries I sailed straight up the middle, into the main blob, turned round, sailed back through and did 110k damage and I think I fired my guns all of 4 times to delete torp cruisers. In Randoms you would have been deleted before you got into range.

So, no, I don't think you should be rewarded the same as random battles, it's just too easy. In fact, if you look at World of Warcraft, originally they wouldn't let you even transfer characters from a pve realm to a pvp realm as it was too easy to get the gear.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,553 battles

*sigh*

VERY constructive and best argument I've ever seen.

You literally just said they aren't the same.

Also you don't seem to realize what pre selected spawns and "different pathing" can already do to improve the effectiveness.

In standart Coop you will very rarely find yourself in a crossfire by bots and mostly only at the end of the game when most of the team screwed up.

Against DDs that is actualy a lot if you don't play high tiers. Yes there are also the "mission kamikazes" (I am guilty too).

They charge in to get their mission done fast like "xxk damage on RU ships" and hence also get sunk fast and then depend on their team to carry and sink the rest. (If I do those I make sure there is not much "rest" left though)

This behaviour is actualy a good example why giving the same rewards for "easy mode" is a BAD idea.

Again very constructive and see above why I disagree...

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
479 posts
8,290 battles

NO NO YOUR PLEING TEH GAEM WRONG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

5 minutes ago, Malfuss said:

So no, not the same AI at all.

What? Minor tweaks = new and different? Do you work in marketing or something?

9 minutes ago, Malfuss said:

If you think co-op isn't smacking piniatas,

Just like playing pvp and farming seals :v

Sign in to follow this