Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
valoaa

PLANES STILL ALIVE AFTER CARRIER or SHIP IS DESTROYED

30 comments in this topic

[POMF]
Players
84 posts
5,797 battles

Now, this is one thing which has pissed me off for a long time now so it's time see what other players think. There's a few things which have finally been fixed in this game which have plagued it for some time.

HOWEVER

When a carrier has been killed and it's planes just hover there permanently, usually beyond your ships AA range, (even within AA range this can be a damn nightmare if you have weak or non-existent AA for example).

Personally I think this is game breaking and the planes should be destroyed or simply fly off once the carrier (or ship if it's a spotter plane) has been destroyed.

Thoughts?

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
16 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Now, this is one thing which has pissed me off for a long time now so it's time see what other players think. There's a few things which have finally been fixed in this game which have plagued it for some time.

HOWEVER

When a carrier has been killed and it's planes just hover there permanently, usually beyond your ships AA range, (even within AA range this can be a damn nightmare if you have weak or non-existent AA for example).

Personally I think this is game breaking and the planes should be destroyed or simply fly off once the carrier (or ship if it's a spotter plane) has been destroyed.

Thoughts?

It is annoying for sure, dont find it game breaking though.

• Cool 1

[AAA-]
Players
663 posts
5,032 battles

I dont play carrier but I often use the plane to sneek of the ship just before they destroy it. My life to prescious to go down with it.

• Funny 1

Players
2,244 posts
14,319 battles
16 minutes ago, valoaa said:

HOWEVER

Thoughts?

I don't think it is game breaking.

Players
2,743 posts
15,609 battles
27 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Thoughts?

i hate long capslock titles

• Cool 2

[POMF]
Players
84 posts
5,797 battles
19 hours ago, Gojuadorai said:

i hate long capslock titles

Nice meme

19 hours ago, principat121 said:

Just no.

And there not even a need to justify it, because of a strange thing named: logic.

Elaborate mate. Why is it logic to just hover there after the ship, the player they belong to has been destroyed?

[4_0_4]
Players
4,344 posts
10,737 battles
3 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Elaborate mate. Why is it logic to just hover there after the ship, the player they belong to has been destroyed?

Well, as long as the plane has fuel, it can fly, even if it base, the ship, has been sunk.

[POMF]
Players
84 posts
5,797 battles
6 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Well, as long as the plane has fuel, it can fly, even if it base, the ship, has been sunk.

Yeah I get that, but we really can't bring realism into the question in World of Warships can we.

Lets do that for a moment and imagine the scenario in real life. The carrier gets destroyed as planes were heading back empty to land, they wouldn't just hover there would they? They would fly off into the horizon or back to land or something.

[4_0_4]
Players
4,344 posts
10,737 battles
2 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Yeah I get that, but we really can't bring realism into the question in World of Warships can we.

True, but I do often start my plane before I`m sinking. Especially in a BB if I got rushed by a DD. So I give my team a chance on sinking him.

3 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Lets do that for a moment and imagine the scenario in real life. The carrier gets destroyed as planes were heading back empty to land, they wouldn't just hover there would they? They would fly off into the horizon or back to land or something.

In RL, they would properly try to land their plane close to allied ships in order to get rescued by them

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,436 posts
13,843 battles

Quite frankly I fail to see how this is gamebreaking.

Annoying, sure. Gamebreaking? Nah.

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles

So you want to miss the possible oppurtunity of some free plane kills I take it? 

[TS1]
Players
537 posts
7,592 battles
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

So you want to miss the possible oppurtunity of some free plane kills I take it? 

Yeah. Like in a recent ranked battle, I got an staggering 7 planekills in my Kebab thanks to the planes sticking around after I killed the CV. And I would've gotten more if not for my meddling teammates killing the last enemy ship before I could.

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
1 minute ago, Runegrem said:

Yeah. Like in a recent ranked battle, I got an staggering 7 planekills in my Kebab thanks to the planes sticking around after I killed the CV. And I would've gotten more if not for my meddling teammates killing the last enemy ship before I could.

And not like that's a bit (not a lot, but every bit helps) of extra xp for your trouble, now is it? Oh wait..

[TS1]
Players
537 posts
7,592 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

And not like that's a bit (not a lot, but every bit helps) of extra xp for your trouble, now is it? Oh wait..

I think it counts as roughtly 1/6 of a ship's HP worth of damage.

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
Just now, Runegrem said:

I think it counts as roughtly 1/6 of a ship's HP worth of damage.

Not sure what it counts as xp, personally, but it definetly does count.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,436 posts
13,843 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

Not sure what it counts as xp, personally, but it definetly does count.

40 plane kills = 100% HP kill

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

40 plane kills = 100% HP kill

Thank mew.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,119 posts
6,597 battles

No...
Very often, when I'm under fire and I know my carrier will be sunk I issue the planes a last order to attack the nearby target or having revenge on the one who it's about to sink me, often I manage to hit and sink the target because actually no one expects a last attack after the carrier was sunk.

Also, It's ok for the planes to stay around, if I attack a target (say, a cruiser or even a dd) and I don't manage to sink it at least they will spot it.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,257 posts
6,795 battles
15 hours ago, valoaa said:

planes just hover there permanently

No they don't, after a short while they time out and die without anyone shooting them down

Players
494 posts
9,365 battles
28 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

No they don't, after a short while they time out and die without anyone shooting them down

Also if they have orders for an autodrop or attack on an enemy air group they will carry them out, the'll also do a spotting job 

CV's need a way to earn Just a Flesh wound and the number of ships that I've seen caught by this one 

current system is fine, 

if you don't want to be spotted either farm the planes or move 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,731 posts
7,392 battles

IMHO Its tactical.

I always launch a plane (if my ship has it) just before I die.

its free spotting for friendlies and sometimes a game changer (spotting a DD).

Beta Tester
4,196 posts
9,512 battles
16 hours ago, valoaa said:

Actually, in real life planes would be loitering around looking for the ship (or any) where they could safely ditch in the sea with a hope of getting picked up (as happened to so many japanese pilots who returned to their CV during the battle of Midway). The chances that you might have a direction, and enough fuel, to find anywhere else to fly is very low.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,783 posts
10,685 battles

This was a really nasty thing before, when the planes were stealthier - now, as they are reasonably visible and a DD can properly avoid them, it's acceptable (although certainly annoying when you're a DD).

Players
734 posts
8,170 battles

I dont think this is gamebreaking. But it is annoying when you get spotted by a plane and in return you can not spot the damn plane.

Sign in to follow this