Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rowboat_Cop

Question about zero damage "penetrating" bullet hits

12 comments in this topic

Players
353 posts
20,378 battles

So, lately I have managed to land "Penetration" hits that deal 0 damage.

Is this normal?

Should I bug report it?

I know I have been playing this game a lot but I have not really thought about this issue yet, maybe I have not experienced it before or maybe just not noticied it.

Best Regards

Me

[CATS]
Players
28,085 posts
14,885 battles

This normal.

You hit a turret oder torpedo launcher.

Take a look at WoWs recent videos about game mechanics.

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

AP - perfectly normal, it's like half if not more of all the pens you get as a BB

HE - perfectly normal, you just hit some spaced armour (like torp bulges) and didn't damage the ship itself

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i would like a separate ribbon for module penetration.. that way there would be no doubts about anything... hate it when on salvo i get 3 pens and 1 overpen, and i only get 1 overpen damage counted...

• Cool 3

[XTREM]
Players
1,037 posts
9,218 battles

Modules having their own HP pool not connected to the ship's HP pool, unlike other parts that have a separate HP pool such as bow, stern, aft, casemate and citadel, is stupid. It means that hitting for example a turret and penetrating, which should be a massive win, is one of the most lame results you can get. You take 1 turret out of action for 20 or so seconds. Yes disabling turrets can be a tactic at close range, but mostly you just want to kill the enemy. Engagements basically get another RNG check for how many modules magically soak up the damage, even if your aim is perfect and dispersion is not screwing you over.

Ah well, just another reason why I don't like playing BB.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 hour ago, walter3kurtz said:

Modules having their own HP pool not connected to the ship's HP pool, unlike other parts that have a separate HP pool such as bow, stern, aft, casemate and citadel, is stupid. It means that hitting for example a turret and penetrating, which should be a massive win, is one of the most lame results you can get. You take 1 turret out of action for 20 or so seconds. Yes disabling turrets can be a tactic at close range, but mostly you just want to kill the enemy. Engagements basically get another RNG check for how many modules magically soak up the damage, even if your aim is perfect and dispersion is not screwing you over.

Ah well, just another reason why I don't like playing BB.

If your shell hits the turret and disables it, you either are so far away that this would likely not have been the one shot that will kill the enemy ship, or you are so close that aiming elsewhere is possible, unless the enemy is angled enough that you'd not get much done if not aiming for turrets and superstructure. In which case, getting a turret disabled is a greater pain than losing maybe 3-4k hp to a pen.

[XTREM]
Players
1,037 posts
9,218 battles
14 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

If your shell hits the turret and disables it, you either are so far away that this would likely not have been the one shot that will kill the enemy ship, or you are so close that aiming elsewhere is possible, unless the enemy is angled enough that you'd not get much done if not aiming for turrets and superstructure. In which case, getting a turret disabled is a greater pain than losing maybe 3-4k hp to a pen.

Turrets, secondaries, AA modules, a lot stands in the way of good pens / citadels and lead to zero damage dealt. For any target that you can hit from any angle on the deck.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,931 posts
19,491 battles
9 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You hit a turret oder torpedo launcher.

German ? :cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,931 posts
19,491 battles
8 hours ago, robihr said:

hate it when on salvo i get 3 pens and 1 overpen, and i only get 1 overpen damage counted...

Still better than getting 2 overpens and dealing 8k damage ..

Sign in to follow this