You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FearsomeFlotsam

Any benefit to grinding the Pensacola for cruiser split?

26 comments in this topic

Players
204 posts

I already have the Cleveland with full upgrades, which I gather ensures that I will get the future T6 Pensacola and the T8 Cleveland. Is there any benefit to me grinding to get the current T7 Pensacola before the split happens?

Players
204 posts

But couldn't I just grind up the last 10k XP after the split and buy the New Orleans anyway? Are there any freebies to grinding up the T7 before the split?

Players
204 posts

Or is it that, by owning the original Pensacola, I will receive a T7 New Orleans and a T6 Pensacola, the latter of which will be a dupe of the T6 Pensacola I got for having Cleveland, and therefore will be converted into a boat load of free credits?

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,866 battles
Vor 56 Minuten, DangerousDave2k sagte:

Or is it that, by owning the original Pensacola, I will receive a T7 New Orleans and a T6 Pensacola, the latter of which will be a dupe of the T6 Pensacola I got for having Cleveland, and therefore will be converted into a boat load of free credits?

Yes, free credits for you.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
8 hours ago, DangerousDave2k said:

About 3mil credits, if I remember correctly. A full purchase price of a tier 6 cruiser.

Players
361 posts
17,342 battles

And if you have / will buy a perma camo on pre split T6 Cleveland, you will get one for the new T6 Pensacola too. (And ofc one for the T8 Cleveland)

[CAIN]
Players
4,648 posts
19,740 battles

I‘m looking forward to receive ~32million credits. 

Beta Tester
2,799 posts
7,242 battles
46 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

32 mil? If you have all the US cruisers in port right? 

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,967 posts
28,516 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

32 mil? If you have all the US cruisers in port right? 

I think he is counting on double premium camos too

Ship Combinations

• If the player earlier purchased Tier VI flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVI Cleveland  and Tier VII flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVII Pensacola , then a bonus of 2,950,000 will be added to their account.
  • If the player earlier purchased Tier VII flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVII Pensacola  and Tier VIII flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVIII New Orleans , then a bonus of 5,570,000 will be added to their account.
  • If the player earlier purchased Tier VIII flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVIII New Orleans  and Tier IX flag_USA.pngnormal.pngIX Baltimore , then a bonus of 8,900,000 will be added to their account.

Bonuses Given in Exchange of Duplicate Camouflages

• If a duplicate permanent camouflage for a Tier VI ship is added to the player's account, then such duplicate will be refunded in the amount of 1,500,000
  • If a duplicate permanent camouflage for a Tier VII ship is added to the player's account, then such duplicate will be refunded in the amount of 3,000,000
  • If a duplicate permanent camouflage for a Tier VIII ship is added to the player's account, then such duplicate will be refunded in the amount of 4,500,000

For Gun Upgrades

If your Tier VI cruiser flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVI Cleveland  had the top module 152 mm/47 Mk16 researched, your newly added Tier VI cruiser Pensacola will be added 7200 associated XP. If this module was purchased, 580,000 will be added to your account.

If your Tier VII cruiser flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVII Pensacola  had the top module 203 mm/55 Mk14 researched, your newly added Tier VII cruiser New Orleans will be added 12000 associated XP. If this module was purchased, 980,000 will be added to your account.

If your Tier VIII cruiser flag_USA.pngnormal.pngVIII New Orleans  had the top module 203 mm/55 Mk14 researched, your newly added Tier VIII cruiser Baltimore will be added 20,000 associated XP. If this module was purchased, 1,570,000 will be added to your account.

If your Tier IX cruiser flag_USA.pngnormal.pngIX Baltimore  had the top module 203 mm/55 Mk15 researched, your newly added Tier IX cruiser flag_USA.pngnormal.pngIX Buffalo  will be added 27,500 associated XP. If this module was purchased, 2,400,000 will be added to your account.

That should be 31.95 mil of credits. But I'm not sure if compensations for gun upgrades are included in compensations under "Ship Combination"

Players
471 posts
2,467 battles
2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Same on two accounts :cap_like:

[WCWVE]
Players
1,049 posts
16,794 battles

I am looking forward to my free credits - will go towards the purchase of Republique 

Players
204 posts

Would you advise me to buy the permanent camouflage (2000 doubloons?) for the T7 Pensacola? Will I get a 1000 doubloon refund of the duplicate camouflage on the duplicate T6 Pensacola?

What about this: 

• If a duplicate permanent camouflage for a Tier VI ship is added to the player's account, then such duplicate will be refunded in the amount of 1,500,000

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,866 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, DangerousDave2k sagte:

Would you advise me to buy the permanent camouflage (2000 doubloons?) for the T7 Pensacola? Will I get a 1000 doubloon refund of the duplicate camouflage on the duplicate T6 Pensacola?

What about this: 

• If a duplicate permanent camouflage for a Tier VI ship is added to the player's account, then such duplicate will be refunded in the amount of 1,500,000

Don't do it, you won't get any doubloons.

It's only worth for the Cleveland as you get a T8 and T6 perma camo for the price of a T6 perma camo.

For the Pensa you will get a T7 and T6 perma camo for the price of a T7 perma camo.

Players
930 posts
8,996 battles
3 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

I am looking forward to my free credits - will go towards the purchase of Republique 

You need to stay away from high tier ships :Smile_trollface: get a nice t4 instead

[WCWVE]
Players
1,049 posts
16,794 battles
1 hour ago, DJ_Die said:

You need to stay away from high tier ships :Smile_trollface: get a nice t4 instead

I have all the T4 ships that I will every need (read that as all the T4 ships currently available)

Players
930 posts
8,996 battles
1 hour ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

I have all the T4 ships that I will every need (read that as all the T4 ships currently available)

Ah, good. Play them and stay away from anything higher than that. :Smile_hiding:

11 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

So no-one gets a free Dallas, then?

Its a completely different branch and a completely different ship so why should we get it? Besides theyve postponed the release of the light cruiser line....

[-TPF-]
Players
4,215 posts
17,593 battles
12 minutes ago, DJ_Die said:

Its a completely different branch and a completely different ship so why should we get it? Besides theyve postponed the release of the light cruiser line....

Mmhmm, but isn't Cleveland now the Tier VIII of the CL tree? On re-reading it looks as if you get enough credits to buy Dallas when it comes out, anyway, as a result of getting 2 x Pensacola as a result of all the shenanigans..... I shall just have to remember not to spend those credits on something else.

Players
471 posts
2,467 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Mmhmm, but isn't Cleveland now the Tier VIII of the CL tree? On re-reading it looks as if you get enough credits to buy Dallas when it comes out, anyway, as a result of getting 2 x Pensacola as a result of all the shenanigans..... I shall just have to remember not to spend those credits on something else.

Only if you have enough XP on the Omaha to unlock Dallas when its go live.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
4 minutes ago, Yogibjoern said:

Only if you have enough XP on the Omaha to unlock Dallas when its go live.

Or enough free xp to. Shouldn't be that hard to either way.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
1 minute ago, Yogibjoern said:

Who use free XP to unlock a T-VI??

People who don't, for one reason or a another, like the Omaha?