HackingCheater

Suicide of a Teamkiller?!

13 comments in this topic

Players
14 posts
567 battles

What happened here?
About two minutes into the game, player EDIT in the Friant on the east flank apparently killed himself. There was none of the usual automatic announcements in the text chat about him hurting players on his team or him receiving further disciplinary action, which I'd expect if he had once again teamkilled. Also there was nobody teamkilled.

How can you kill yourself in a Tier III cruiser?

Edited by Kampa1987
Naming and shaming

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

1st of all that's naming & shaming - against forum rules

While those warnings usually appear in chat, they don't do that always.

Sounds like he simply torp'd some ally. Even if he wasn't pink - 1st torp set him to be such, and the next 1...2 torps that hit the ally killed the Friant himself. That's what you get for careless 2nd line torping

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,423 posts
8,750 battles
On 5/29/2018 at 10:51 PM, HackingCheater said:

What happened here?
About two minutes into the game, player EDIT in the Friant on the east flank apparently killed himself. There was none of the usual automatic announcements in the text chat about him hurting players on his team or him receiving further disciplinary action, which I'd expect if he had once again teamkilled. Also there was nobody teamkilled.

How can you kill yourself in a Tier III cruiser?

Perhaps he torpedoed an ally and the allied ship was taking damage for sinking. Which mirrored on him.
A couple of times I was torpedoed by a pink player and had flood damage or fire due HE. Unless he says "sorry" or apologizes for the mistake I wouldn't use the repair party so the damage would be mirrored to him. Because if he was already a pink and doesn't apologizes for that I assume he was just an arsehole which did it on purpose (or negligence).

Players
14 posts
567 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, wilkatis_LV sagte:

1st of all that's naming & shaming - against forum rules

It's in the replay anyway. I just did that so forum members knew which ship to look for, so they dan't have to watch it twice because it really isn't that interesting.

Since there are not really any proper camera controls in replays, I gather.

Zitat

Sounds like

So you didn't watch it?

[ROT8]
Players
2,732 posts

a waste of a thread if you ask me......he torped the enemy without looking and hit a friendly while pink. Just another day in low tiers. 

Players
295 posts
1,724 battles
2 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

a waste of a thread if you ask me......he torped the enemy without looking and hit a friendly while pink. Just another day in low tiers. 

Well, I think that with the new sportmanship policy, you even don't need to be pink to be killed by team damage. You can see a clip where Flambass baits Izolate to try kill him and Izo gets blown away (quite hilarious to see, but guess not so funny for their teammates).

https://clips.twitch.tv/HelpfulTubularCheeseGivePLZ

[ROT8]
Players
2,732 posts
7 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

Well, I think that with the new sportmanship policy, you even don't need to be pink to be killed by team damage. You can see a clip where Flambass baits Izolate to try kill him and Izo gets blown away (quite hilarious to see, but guess not so funny for their teammates).

https://clips.twitch.tv/HelpfulTubularCheeseGivePLZ

May be funny to some but potentially ruining the chances of their team......top players acting like a-holes is as bad as a potato team killer in all honesty.....and they upload it??? :Smile_amazed:

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
9 hours ago, HackingCheater said:

It's in the replay anyway. I just did that so forum members knew which ship to look for, so they dan't have to watch it twice because it really isn't that interesting.

(there was no replay tho)

Name the ship, not the player, that's a better way to go with it

8 hours ago, HackingCheater said:

Since there are not really any proper camera controls in replays, I gather.

I should just make a doc of this list so I don't have to write it every time :Smile_teethhappy:

LMB - lock / unlock camera from players view

Ctrl Shift Backspace - enter / exit freecam (have to be unlocked from players view, has completely separate movement controls)

Insert - speed up

Delete - slow down

Home - return to normal speed

End - go to minimum speed (not completely paused but close to it / in freecam take 1 step up in speed to be able to move)

Ctrl > - jump 30 (?) sec ahead (space them out, each time you jump let the replay to load in (1...2 sec) or it will crash)

Ctrl < - jump 30 (?) sec back (almost guaranteed to crash the replay)

7 hours ago, HackingCheater said:

Oh darn I'm gonna forget my head next.

https://replayswows.com/replay/23721#stats

Just as @Commander_Cornflakes predicted - he was already pink. And just as I predicted - he torped allied DD (V-170) from point blank range. All I can say is - I hope that guy enjoys his orange Co-Op games :Smile_trollface:

Players
14 posts
567 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, wilkatis_LV sagte:

I should just make a doc of this list so I don't have to write it every time :Smile_teethhappy:

Save it.

Zitat

Ctrl Shift Backspace - enter / exit freecam (have to be unlocked from players view, has completely separate movement controls)

Ctrl > - jump 30 (?) sec ahead (space them out, each time you jump let the replay to load in (1...2 sec) or it will crash)

Ctrl < - jump 30 (?) sec back (almost guaranteed to crash the replay)

Don't work; I take it they haven't been working for some time now.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
20 minutes ago, HackingCheater said:

Save it.

Don't work; I take it they haven't been working for some time now.

They do, I used them in your own replay :Smile_teethhappy:

For freecam you need to unlock your view (click LMB once so you control the camera), then you can enter it. Controls are kinda weird tho

Ctrl < will almost definitely crash your replay, or simply make it unresponsive to every command you give afterwards. You may have to shut it down through Task manager :Smile_trollface:

Ctrl > works fine as long as you space them out (give the replay 1...2 sec between each 2 to "load in")

I don't remember all the freecam controls form the top of my head, I can look them up a bit later if you are interseted. Simple basics would be arrows to move, mouse to look around, something on numpad did some stuff, I think 1 2 3 (not on numpad) changed your movement speed or something like that. B lets you to lock on to any ship (locks on to where you are pointing).

You can actually use freecam in live game aswell to look around the islands, if you learn those controls well enough to do it quickly :Smile_trollface:

Edit: just remembered I had a video sort-of related to this where I show some basic controls. I wonder if this (the crashing part) still works?