Sehales

Update 0.7.5 General Feedback

92 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,286 posts
2,062 battles

Captains,

Please leave your feedback regarding update 0.7.5 here. Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave it in the linked thread.

As always a detailed breakdown of the changes can be found on our portal.

Players
353 posts
20,403 battles

Still not up for me since the patch.

Or it wont let me log in, getting "Error Connecting Server" , which by the way should be written "Error Connecting to Server"

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,668 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Rowboat_Cop sagte:

Funny enough the server status page says that there are actual players playing. (13 000 right now)

yes on the WoT servers...

maybe you should read the patch notes...

[FUNE]
[FUNE]
Players
182 posts
11,623 battles
2 minutes ago, Rowboat_Cop said:

Or it wont let me log in, getting "Error Connecting Server" , which by the way should be written "Error Connecting to Server"

Funny enough the server status page says that there are actual players playing. (13 000 right now)

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Servers

Yep, same, I get: shot-18_05.31_07_44.47-0497.thumb.jpg.4b38674f7b52028ddb0ac91d19657ddd.jpg

also: http://downdetector.com/status/world-of-warships/map/

Players
24 posts
12,561 battles
SERVER MAINTENANCE STARTS: Thu. May 31 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. May 31 07:00
SERVER MAINTENANCE ENDS: Thu. May 31 10:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. May 31 10:00

Players
24 posts
12,561 battles
SERVER MAINTENANCE STARTS: Thu. May 31 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. May 31 07:00
SERVER MAINTENANCE ENDS: Thu. May 31 10:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. May 31 10:00

Players
353 posts
20,403 battles
5 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

Why should I read the patch notes?

I just replied that it was not up yet.

I know the planned work ends at 10 AM CEST but sometimes it is up earlier, so I responded.

/Me

Alpha Tester
1,200 posts
2,246 battles
5 minutes ago, Rowboat_Cop said:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Servers

That's the WOT page.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships actually sees no player online as it should.

Players
353 posts
20,403 battles

Wargaming, Here is a suggestion:

In other games , for example "Eve Online", whenever a server is undergoing server maintenance or having other scheduled/unscheduled downtime, there is a "Server Status" message displayed on the game-client login screen.

I think some players would appreciate a feature like that in World of Warships.

Right now it could have displayed "Server is undergoing maintenance,  server is expected to be back up at 10:00 CEST"

It would add an additional sense of professionalism to this game and players would not ask about it in the forums in case they missed the info somewhere/how :)

Technically you could just have a "Game-client Message Service" that the clients could read current message per region from, hosted separately from the actual game servers, possibly even as a web-service.

Should be extremely simple to implement.

By that I mean that the gains far outweigh the invested development time.

Best Regards

Me

Ps.
Example:
Where it says Status: OK is where most info is displayed in Eve Online.  (Hope no one rages at me for using Eve Online as a reference)
retsplashscreen.thumb.jpg.2909bd4be88948695c020c017a4d90f0.jpg

• Cool 8

[BEER]
Players
59 posts
19,944 battles

Aahh thought it was just me so I think the servers must be down

Players
4 posts
865 battles

Hmmm. That suggestion Rowboat_Cop just made would have saved me quite some time (I did the integrity-check, checked win-firewall, connection, even restarted the puter a couple of times) before I filed a "ticket" to the Staff.

At last I asked for info in another forum, which I DID know wasn't the 100%-right one - but where I still hoped to get a decent reply. Instead I got a couple of harsh replies. Anyway - next time I know better - including to be carefull to ask for anything...........

Players
6 posts
1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

Just ignore @sshats that post stuff like this they really are arrogant morons. The server status says server is up, if there are different states of "up" then it is wargames fault for not clarifying this. Losers just want to fel superior for once, they prolly don't get that chance in real life.

[FUNE]
[FUNE]
Players
182 posts
11,623 battles

DUE TO TECHNICAL ISSUES, SERVER DOWNTIME FOR UPDATE 0.7.5 WILL BE EXTENDED TO 10:00 UTC (12:00 CEST)"

totally didn't have 2 weeks to test it or anything, well done, once again Wargaming! :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
88 posts
16,096 battles

So I wonder why is that information not in the Game Center client, the actual game login screen, on the server-status page or here in the forums.
Just saying WG; since you have multiple portals it would be nice if you updated all of them regarding issues like this.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/

-> Servers off-line, OK, but why and for how long is not specified here...

Why only on main game web-page?

:fish_nerv:

Update 11:04 CEST - OK that is just misleading. Now server-status on above URL is green, but there is still connection error in game client. I know you wrote downtime extended to 12:00 CEST, but then status-page should be red right?

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,575 posts
13,750 battles
2 hours ago, Rowboat_Cop said:

Ps.
Example:
Where it says Status: OK is where most info is displayed in Eve Online.  (Hope no one rages at me for using Eve Online as a reference)
retsplashscreen.thumb.jpg.2909bd4be88948695c020c017a4d90f0.jpg

No one would rage at you for eve but since you play wows contract me all your stuff please. kthxbb...

But the suggestion is great maybe put it into the Launcher a little red indicator for the Server beeing offline. :)

[WCWVE]
Players
1,051 posts
16,826 battles

It is also in the forum announcements section 

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
88 posts
16,096 battles
2 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

It is also in the forum announcements section 

Ahh yes - posted 33 minutes after the servers were supposed to be up  :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
353 posts
20,403 battles

DUE TO TECHNICAL ISSUES, SERVER DOWNTIME FOR UPDATE 0.7.5 WILL BE EXTENDED TO 11:00 UTC (13:00 CEST)